Qos V St Mirren

Haven't we won a couple of games recently and drawn two of our last 5 games?

Quite. These are his 5 starts.

Annan (w)

Morton (d) - MOTM performance from Jim.

Livi (l) - Jim subbed before half time.

Livi (d)

QOTS (w)

Any time Goody has played more than forty five minutes this season we are undefeated. His importance to the team is absolutely paramount.

It was clear when Murray came in that he didn't fancy Goodwin, for whatever reason. Indeed some of our ITK posters were telling us all summer he'd be leaving. He wasn't starting preseason games, he wasn't starting our early season games, it did look like his days may be numbered.

Jim did the right thing, he stayed quiet and he stayed dignified and he played his way back into the team. He's started the last five and I expect and hope he will start the next five too. I hope he starts every single game for the rest of the season because we are a far better team when he's playing.

Annan (w)

Livi (l) - Jim subbed before half time.1

Livi (d)

QOTS (w)

Any time Goody has played more than forty five minutes this season we are undefeated. His importance to the team is absolutely paramount.

It was clear when Murray came in that he didn't fancy Goodwin, for whatever reason2. Indeed some of our ITK posters were telling us all summer he'd be leaving. He wasn't starting preseason games, he wasn't starting our early season games, it did look like his days may be numbered.

Jim did the right thing, he stayed quiet and he stayed dignified and he played his way back into the team. He's started the last five and I expect and hope he will start the next five too. I hope he starts every single game for the rest of the season because we are a far better team when he's playing.

1. Devil's Advocate here but wasn't JG subbed for his own good (sic) against Livi In the LC game?

2. The reasons for IM wanting Goodwin out are obvious - disciplinary record and the probability that JG is currently the top earner at the club. I always felt he'd still be here and we can only hope for a Tommy Turner like resurrection of his Saints career

Anyone else know that QofS are the only football team mentioned in the bible?

Jesus says: "The queen of the South will rise up at the judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and behold, something greater than Solomon is here." (Matthew 12:42, Luke 11:31) [1]

"For Far did the Isrealites travel"

Exodus - Bob Marley & The Wailers, Side 1, track 2

I don't know the Bible, but there's at least Corinthians off the top of my head.

Well tell them tae get tae f*uck

This can only be settled with a square go in the centre circle at half time of the Falkirk game.

If either person doesn't show up, they're branded a shitebag for life.

Serious business here, people.

That would be some crackin half-time entertainment, sure to cut the pie stall queues down. Get it sorted BOD!

What are you smoking? Goodwin is 34 this November.

So... that makes him 32 last November then?

Well done to The Saints and to all that went. Can't we all create a bit of atmosphere at home now? You never know what might happen!

Edited by Vambo57

Annan (w)

Livi (l) - Jim subbed before half time.

Livi (d)

QOTS (w)

Here's another way of looking at this.

Annan. He gives away a penalty in the first minute, despite this we still go on and win.

Morton. If my memory serves me correctly Langfield got motm.

Livi. We lose after Jim loses his discipline and has to be subbed before halftime. Carswell picks up a knock and is still out because we didn't have a sub left.

Livi. League game the team was poor including Jim.

QOS. A fantastic all round team performance.

Another way to look at this is Langfield also started to play in all of the above games. Don't get me wrong I would have him in my team but to suggest he is the reason for our turn around isn't exactly correct.

ETA oh and he didn't start in our 3-1 victory over Berwick.

Edited by Kendo

I would not suggest Jim was the only reason for an improvement but he is certainly a significant factor. Langfield did get m-o-m at Greenock but it was Goodwin for me that held that team together. And I think Jim was pretty decent against Livi when others were not. Without Jim our midfield is overrun so his role is extremely important as is Langfield and Webster and Thommo. The first four names on the teamsheet.

What was the story with the GIRFUY gesture from Thompson after he scored then ran the length of the pitch? Seems an odd thing to do in front of your own fans. Was someone in the crowd giving him pelters earlier?

Never heard anything from the crowd on Saturday, it was an excellent travelling support who got behind the team from the start.

However he wouldn't have had to have read much on this site and other social media over the last few months to find supposed fans of our club who were lining up to tell him he was finished. Especially after his penalty miss at Ibrox. I would guess it was aimed at them.

Edited by TopCat

Never heard anything from the crowd on Saturday, it was an excellent travelling support who got behind the team from the start.

However he wouldn't have had to have read much on this site and other social media over the last few months to find supposed fans of our club who were lining up to tell him he was finished. Especially after his penalty miss at Ibrox. I would guess it was aimed at them.

So why would he run the length of the park to do it in front of the travelling fans, I reckon there is nothing in it and he was just delighted to get off the mark and send the team on the way to our first league win of the season.

Hmm.

A bit misguided in front of a good travelling support, though.

So why would he run the length of the park to do it in front of the travelling fans, I reckon there is nothing in it and he was just delighted to get off the mark and send the team on the way to our first league win of the season.

Beat me to it.

Perhaps best not to read too much into it. Only he will know why he done it.

Nothing aimed at the support I'm sure from Thommo. He will know there's far more fans backing him than those less intelligent that slate him

It's mostly the trolls - who aren't Buddies anyway - that slate him.

I believe Thommo demonstrates the guile, skill and athleticism as exhibited by many a mature Buddie. :)