Ian Murray Will Come Good

And yes Norrie ......

I am happy to continue to support my Team and moan about fans getting ripped off regarding Admission prices.

Whit's up with that ? :byebye

It's boring and you really seldom make any points worth any note. You can't see that your wonderful club is in a shocking mess with a clueless negative manager.

And yes Norrie ......

I am happy to continue to support my Team and moan about fans getting ripped off regarding Admission prices.

Whit's up with that ? bye1.gif

It's boring and you really seldom make any points worth any note. You can't see that your wonderful club is in a shocking mess with a clueless negative manager.

Disappointing but not the end of the World.

And dinnae be cheeky.

Even when his name was mentioned as a possible for the job, I pointed to his lack of achievement, his team shipping 79 goals, and the fact his team's performances, results, set up and strategy all went south when he lost Jack Ross as a coach at Dumbarton.

I was heavily critised on here for pointing out his obvious defiencies, constantly being told he was a "good young manager" and the board have "made a sound, much needed appointment"....

Well other than it seems one or two buds living in cloud cuckoo land we all seem in agreement that he is a dud.... And has to go ASAP!

Thats the only thing important to me, not all the crap, abuse dished out to me for being different to the herd, we all want whats best for our team, we wont always agree what that looks like. But can we all agree we need to pressure our clueless board into getting rid of Murray, and taking account of the type, style of management we actually need?

I am not suggesting we select the management team, what I am suggesting is before the board race off and make the next cheapest appointment they actually listen to the people funding the club..! And act accordingly in their decision making and selection process.

For me, unless, their is a stand out proven manager available (A Hughes, Butcher, Houston type) in budget (which should take account of the cost of not getting shot) then the stability of Goodwin & Thommo as player managers, with a Tommy C like figure as coach should be appointed till the end of the season.

This would given them sufficent time to prove they can learn and improve results, performances and recruitment, and if they achieved a play off spot, that would trigger a clause to give them a contract for another year. Their stretch target would be promotion via play offs which would trigger a two-year deal.

Its time to move forward, we need to let the board know thats what we intend to do, and we wont hang around waiting for them to continue to flog an ever ailing horse!

Edited by Lord Pityme

I hardly post on the forum anymore, I don't even watch Champions League or MOTD anymore, because I think this past few seasons has really sapped away at my love of the game - mainly because of the ever increasing shambles that is SMFC (and maybe Scotland too...).

I don't know what the answer is (probably someone taking the club off the current BOD hands as they have given up) but I think we all need to write this season off. Sad to say given the optimism we had only weeks ago and the squad of players we have but its reality. A playoff place is cuckoo land - we aren't up to the task. We need to focus on staying up, developing our young players and then make a decision on Murray.

Due to work/family commitments I don't go to away games but I used to really look forward to each home game. Now it is genuinely a chore. I make the choice of going to the game at the expense of spending quality time with my young family and each week I regret it. But I keep doing it !

Being a Saints fan is murder right now. I hope Ian Murray reads some of these sob stories and gets his finger out his arse.

It's been the case for years but the club is genuinely rotten to the core - something isn't right and I think we will only see a change in this if/ when the club changes hands.

I hardly post on the forum anymore, I don't even watch Champions League or MOTD anymore, because I think this past few seasons has really sapped away at my love of the game - mainly because of the ever increasing shambles that is SMFC (and maybe Scotland too...).

I don't know what the answer is (probably someone taking the club off the current BOD hands as they have given up) but I think we all need to write this season off. Sad to say given the optimism we had only weeks ago and the squad of players we have but its reality. A playoff place is cuckoo land - we aren't up to the task. We need to focus on staying up, developing our young players and then make a decision on Murray.

Due to work/family commitments I don't go to away games but I used to really look forward to each home game. Now it is genuinely a chore. I make the choice of going to the game at the expense of spending quality time with my young family and each week I regret it. But I keep doing it !

Being a Saints fan is murder right now. I hope Ian Murray reads some of these sob stories and gets his finger out his arse.

It's been the case for years but the club is genuinely rotten to the core - something isn't right and I think we will only see a change in this if/ when the club changes hands.

He'd need Spalding to Google arse then point it out, possibly using bespoke diagram based area definition content.

I do not believe our squad is as good as others seem to think. We signed several players who are simply not good enough and some who are journeymen. Young guys in our Development squad (Stewart and Morgan) are as good as if not better than some players we have signed.

If I managed Falkirk for example I would not be casting envious eyes at our squad. 3-2 away and 3-0 at home would suggest to me I had a better squad.

That being said we are not getting enough out of the players we do have. Shankland has a great pedigree but cannot get a game as we only have one tactic which is a long ball to Thommo. Management have to take responsibility for the tactics, personnel, and attitude of the team but our squad is unbalanced and severely lacking in some positions but we could be doing a hell of a lot better with what we have.

A play off place is still possible, erm, I mean we don't want back to back relegation ..........

Your post just sums it up, its all too easy to to justify not going with so many other cmmitments. My fear is that falling out of love, habit in attending blah de blah will be a longer term issue for future fans being lost to the club altogether. We are in a long long long term rut.

There is nothing positive happening whatsoever around the club , in terms of engagement with supporters, momentum of any shape with the team or manager, optimism of a positive result anytime is melting faster than snow. . The BoD, ffs still tired and trying to sell blah de blah.

It's a horrendous state of affairs and asking fans to cling on to the sides of a sinking ship, whilst paying for the privilege , well , inevitably more nd more wil be lost the longer this dire fest drags on and on.

Five plus years now we've had of turd polishing, no good at all.

How much will it cost the club to bin Murray?

Can we afford to pay him and his sidekick off.

Otherwise we are going into the play offs or even worse straight down into oblivion.

His tactics are at best awful with no concern about trying to play football

( we berated Danny Lennon when he tried to get us playing football from the back)

get it sorted Saint Mirren before it is to late.

A play off place is still possible, erm, I mean we don't want back to back relegation ..........

Your post just sums it up, its all too easy to to justify not going with so many other cmmitments. My fear is that falling out of love, habit in attending blah de blah will be a longer term issue for future fans being lost to the club altogether. We are in a long long long term rut.

There is nothing positive happening whatsoever around the club , in terms of engagement with supporters, momentum of any shape with the team or manager, optimism of a positive result anytime is melting faster than snow. . The BoD, ffs still tired and trying to sell blah de blah.

It's a horrendous state of affairs and asking fans to cling on to the sides of a sinking ship, whilst paying for the privilege , well , inevitably more nd more wil be lost the longer this dire fest drags on and on.

The board are showing nothing but contempt for our club and the supporters, SMISA and Gordon Scott made them an offer of the type they said they wanted (Cash and people who care about the club being the buyers) they have neither rejected nor accepted the offer and and you have to ask why that is, it is a strange way of trying to sell your shares and relieve yourself of the situation which you have stated you are tired of.

A long time ago when factory's had mass employment in Paisley wa was a young man. Used to hear old guys in pubs say to me.

Son I used to go to Love Street every week.

Why don't you go now I would ask.

Nothing ever changes we go up and down while the board never put money into the team. We all know one and heard the same story.

I'm getting to that stage myself now being an old geezer.

Have noticed there are three season ticket holders in front of me have stopped going to games. The fact I'm over in Bute starts to feel like an up hill struggle to go and watch Saints. As a fan we have been shite for a few seasons now you end up getting tired of it.

You don't support Saints for success though its great to see it happen when it does. You support Saints because you like football and you have proud local roots.

No doubt will be at the Morton game my first after work. But it is getting hard we all need a boost , leadership , ambition surly that is not asking too much.

Rather than Ian Murray Will Come Good the title of the thread should have asked Will Ian Murray Come Good? And the unfortunate answer would Seem to be a resounding NO. He has shown absolutely nothing to show he has what it takes to run our club.

I would change the title to Ian Murray will go - good !

Otherwise we are going into the play offs or even worse straight down into oblivion.

( we berated Danny Lennon when he tried to get us playing football from the back)

I would reckon upwards of £100k to pay them off. Still got 18 months or so of their contract remaining.

Putting aside the argument over whether or not he should be sacked, the bit in bold is why he won't be. We simply can't afford it. He's got a two year contract, I'm assuming Spalding has too, plus we're probably still having to make up the budget for whatever pay-offs Craig and Teale got as well as the minimal compensation to Dumbarton for Murray. It ain't going to happen unless we have an unexpected windfall such as flogging Mallan for a few hundred grand in January - and that's more likely to be used to patch up other budget deficits than help deal with new ones.

As an aside, has any assistant manager got as much flack as Spalding when things have been going badly? Seems a tad unfair to me - buck stops with Murray as far as I'm concerned.

The board are showing nothing but contempt for our club and the supporters, SMISA and Gordon Scott made them an offer of the type they said they wanted (Cash and people who care about the club being the buyers) they have neither rejected nor accepted the offer and and you have to ask why that is, it is a strange way of trying to sell your shares and relieve yourself of the situation which you have stated you are tired of.

Let's be fair here. As far as I'm aware no bid has actually been made by SMiSA/Gordon Scott as of yet. There's a proposal being worked on and I'd imagine it would need to show there is significant interest from the fans (as with 10000Hours having to show membership numbers) before they are even close to putting an offer on the table.

A long time ago when factory's had mass employment in Paisley wa was a young man. Used to hear old guys in pubs say to me.Son I used to go to Love Street every week.Why don't you go now I would ask.Nothing ever changes we go up and down while the board never put money into the team. We all know one and heard the same story.I'm getting to that stage myself now being an old geezer.Have noticed there are three season ticket holders in front of me have stopped going to games. The fact I'm over in Bute starts to feel like an up hill struggle to go and watch Saints. As a fan we have been shite for a few seasons now you end up getting tired of it.You don't support Saints for success though its great to see it happen when it does. You support Saints because you like football and you have proud local roots.No doubt will be at the Morton game my first after work. But it is getting hard we all need a boost , leadership , ambition surly that is not asking too much.

With saints it all seems horribly cyclical and not in a good way at all ,all swings and roundabouts, nope, never get a shot at the swings !

We seem to win a cup , then fear sets in , we enter a period of oblivion and despair when presented with an opportunity to move on. All this talk of launch pads and looking upwards, ffs, that old cliched baws. Shoot ourselves in the foot time and again.

I'm now creeping into the stage of life where I now can say , f**k it , seen it all before , same old bastarin shite, time after time.

It is the hope that kills you right enough.

Putting aside the argument over whether or not he should be sacked, the bit in bold is why he won't be. We simply can't afford it. He's got a two year contract, I'm assuming Spalding has too, plus we're probably still having to make up the budget for whatever pay-offs Craig and Teale got as well as the minimal compensation to Dumbarton for Murray. It ain't going to happen unless we have an unexpected windfall such as flogging Mallan for a few hundred grand in January - and that's more likely to be used to patch up other budget deficits than help deal with new ones.

As an aside, has any assistant manager got as much flack as Spalding when things have been going badly? Seems a tad unfair to me - buck stops with Murray as far as I'm concerned.

Let's be fair here. As far as I'm aware no bid has actually been made by SMiSA/Gordon Scott as of yet. There's a proposal being worked on and I'd imagine it would need to show there is significant interest from the fans (as with 10000Hours having to show membership numbers) before they are even close to putting an offer on the table.

In a nutshell , as I suspected , Murray and co are going nowhere fast. . apathy football here we go. .1st division here we come. .