Ian Murray Will Come Good

Think back to last year in the Cup when we played QOS on there stupid plastic pitch we deservedly lost that match.

Murray played it perfect today our first half performance was exceptional.

The second half performance was good yes he pulled the team back a bit I don't honestly mind that protect our lead and didn't let Queens into the game!

When Thomo came off we did loose a bit of attacking threat but Thommo's been with us for a few seasons and the replacements haven't.

We controlled the game in both half's were the better team we played on a plastic pitch against a team that were favourites before the game and in the play offs last year.

Yet people are still having a go at Murray!

No very happy with the result and performance today defence looked solid.

Webster was a rock for us and helped Baird and Kelly throughout the game.

Goodwin was man of the match for me today!

Thommo was great and we managed to get him some rest.

Add to that a Clean sheet!

Well done Murray well done St.Mirren great performance.

Great performance, goals, chances and commitment.

Murray cocked up when he pulled Thommo off, because as far i could see he made the midfield drop back five yards. It could have cost us when we should have been adding to the score!

tumblr_m5i82qs3yg1rr7wnno1_400.jpg

Great performance, goals, chances and commitment.

Murray cocked up when he pulled Thommo off, because as far i could see he made the midfield drop back five yards. It could have cost us when we should have been adding to the score!

Must have killed you writing that first sentence. As for the rest of it, standard pash from you. You must have been gutted yesterday!

All the talk of how we looked poor after Thommo went of confuses me. I thought that after reading all the expert reviews on here he was finished?

You can only comment on what you see. Yesterday was a Thommo back and interested, even after a worrying warm up slip. He was very unlucky before his goal and took his goal well no matter how he got there. We all want that Thommo, whilst the no shots and no control one can f**k off.

6 games against Championship opposition, we finally win one of them and suddenly Ian Murray is Pep Guardiola!

FFS, the start to this season has been diabolical. It was only QoS yesterday for Christ's sake.

Ian Murray has the 3rd highest budget in this division. He's been allowed the cash to sign experienced campaigners like Langfield, Webster, Watson, Gow & Thompson plus some highly rated kids like McMullan, Shankland & Gallagher. He also inherited some decent kids with top flight experience.

He's got some of the best training facilities in the league and the 3rd biggest support behind him.

4th place at the end of this season is the VERY LEAST we should be expecting from Ian Murray.

Let's stop the backslapping and celebrations like we've won the World Cup after a single victory against Queen of the fcuking South.

Ian Murray needs to go on a sustained run of good results with plenty of victories and goals and have a healthy points gap over 5th place before I'll even think of congratulating him.

My next door neighbour's dog could have achieved the results he's achieved so far!

Must have killed you writing that first sentence. As for the rest of it, standard pash from you. You must have been gutted yesterday!

I had a great day, sunshine, went to the seaside, few pints in Dumfries with the crew, three points, a clean sheet and win fir the saints!

f**kin magic day out. But you wouldnt know about that stuck behind your screen.

Considering Murray wouldn't play Goodwin, told us he was only good for 20-25 games, subbed him stupidly with 1 minute to half time when we had a serious injury... Hes feckin pissing all over Murray's chips now with his performances!

Murray is stubborn, naive and slow to admit when he is wrong, one win does not make a season, QoS were poor yesterday, we were better than before, good defence, still piss poor in front if Goodwin, Agnew has already become a luxury player. I will believe we have turned a corner if As I said we drop maximum two points come October.

On the contrary he was over the moon, singing,clapping,cheering and high fiving with the rest of us at the game.

Indeed, I bet he was.

Guys like Lord Pityme want us to win and were quite rightly annoyed at the bad start to the season.

The folk who have a pop at the Lord were cheering the miserable start to the season!

I had a great day, sunshine, went to the seaside, few pints in Dumfries with the crew, three points, a clean sheet and win fir the saints!

f**kin magic day out. But you wouldnt know about that stuck behind your screen.

Considering Murray wouldn't play Goodwin, told us he was only good for 20-25 games, subbed him stupidly with 1 minute to half time when we had a serious injury... Hes feckin pissing all over Murray's chips now with his performances!

Murray is stubborn, naive and slow to admit when he is wrong, one win does not make a season, QoS were poor yesterday, we were better than before, good defence, still piss poor in front if Goodwin, Agnew has already become a luxury player. I will believe we have turned a corner if As I said we drop maximum two points come October.

He may well be, who knows, he has only played 5 so far. I hope he manages an 30. You make out like Murray will be annoyed with jims performances, do you think that is the case. I don't think Murray every said he was not good enough, in fact quite the opposite, praised him completely at the fans meeting.

Wake

He may well be, who knows, he has only played 5 so far. I hope he manages an 30. You make out like Murray will be annoyed with jims performances, do you think that is the case. I don't think Murray every said he was not good enough, in fact quite the opposite, praised him completely at the fans meeting.[/quote

Wake up and smell the coffee...

He was patting Jim's heid at the Q&A to justify his decision (In waiting) to drop him. He has been proved wrong, question is has he learned from it?

He may well be, who knows, he has only played 5 so far. I hope he manages an 30. You make out like Murray will be annoyed with jims performances, do you think that is the case. I don't think Murray every said he was not good enough, in fact quite the opposite, praised him completely at the fans meeting.

Actions speak louder than words. Ian Murray didn't play Jim Goodwin at the start of the season. He's been proved totally wrong.

It was obvious to anyone with half a brain that Goodwin should have been in the team from the start.

Actions speak louder than words. Ian Murray didn't play Jim Goodwin at the start of the season. He's been proved totally wrong.

It was obvious to anyone with half a brain that Goodwin should have been in the team from the start.

Anyone reading this would think that this was Goodwin's first game and the sole reason for our poor start. In fact this was Goodwin's 5th start this season.

Our reason for turning the corner has more to do with us only getting our last few players signed recently and the team showing signs of starting to gel.

Anyone reading this would think that this was Goodwin's first game and the sole reason for our poor start. In fact this was Goodwin's 5th start this season.

Our reason for turning the corner has more to do with us only getting our last few players signed recently and the team showing signs of starting to gel.

One win is hardly 'turning the corner'!

Your post basically backs up what I have said... One win and Murray is the new Pep Guardiola... And he's been given big resources (by this division's standards) to sign quality players.

As far as Goodwin is concerned, he made us a bit less shit when he came into the team.

Not playing Goodwin was a mistake.

Edited by nosferatu

Glad to see that win. I've got a feeling Ian Murray is going to do a good job. I can't believe that some have prejudged him already even though most of them are the usual suspects. So Murray has made mistakes. Who bloody well doesn't? He'll learn from them. Nobody is a bigger fan of Alex Ferguson than I am but he made mistakes too. Not a lot, mind you.

On an aside Alastair Macpherson my old maths teacher dropped me an email on Sunday about our win v QOS. He's delighted and thinks Murray will do a good job. Alastair has been retired for years but is still on the Scottish Schools FA. He was telling me that Murray with 16 schoolboy caps is the second most capped schoolboy in Scottish schools football. The most capped is Ian Nicolson who was at Renfrew High when Alastair was headmaster there. Does anybody know how Ian is doing now after his stroke? Alastair also once told me that he often sat beside Steven Thompson on the coach to Scottish Schools matches and he reckons that he is one of the most intelligent footballers that he has ever met.

Incidentally, because of changes to the system, fewer schools internationals are played now and Ian Nicolson's 18 caps can never be matched now.

Is Murray just naive, or thick?

WTF are these post match comments about?

"“Every manager when they go through a poor run wants to win but we always had the belief that we would win the game. We felt really unlucky against Dumbarton, really unlucky against Livingston, and the Morton game we felt unlucky. We’ve not had a lot of luck lately, which we didn’t want to see as an excuse or to cover up things.

“It take teams time to gel. There’s no doubt we’ll have another dip, that’s inevitable, we just need to try to keep the run going as long as we can. We’ve two home games we’ll really try to take maximum points from and try to kick on.”

Firstly thats a feckin lot of excuses for not wanting to make excuses and cover up things! And he's obviously picked up,on the forum apologists buzz words "it takes teams time to gel" but not evey team Ian, you seem to have had a monopoly on that!

But the most worrying comment is his strongly held belief that "theres no doubt we will have another dip!"....

I though you said (without being seen to cover it up) we were just unlucky on several occasions? So now after one league win you are predicting we are going to be gash all,over again! I bet our opposition managers will take great joy sticking that comment up in the dressing room when they are playing us.... "Look at this lads... Even their manager reckons they are going to be gash, so get stuck in and prove him right"

Can he not think first before the wind flaps his lips and nonsensical sentences fall out? FFS get a grip Murray and talk the team up instead of desperately trying to convince everyone some of our poorest performances were just down to "Bad Luck"

Is Murray just naive, or thick?

WTF are these post match comments about?

"“Every manager when they go through a poor run wants to win but we always had the belief that we would win the game. We felt really unlucky against Dumbarton, really unlucky against Livingston, and the Morton game we felt unlucky. We’ve not had a lot of luck lately, which we didn’t want to see as an excuse or to cover up things.

“It take teams time to gel. There’s no doubt we’ll have another dip, that’s inevitable, we just need to try to keep the run going as long as we can. We’ve two home games we’ll really try to take maximum points from and try to kick on.”

Firstly thats a feckin lot of excuses for not wanting to make excuses and cover up things! And he's obviously picked up,on the forum apologists buzz words "it takes teams time to gel" but not evey team Ian, you seem to have had a monopoly on that!

But the most worrying comment is his strongly held belief that "theres no doubt we will have another dip!"....

I though you said (without being seen to cover it up) we were just unlucky on several occasions? So now after one league win you are predicting we are going to be gash all,over again! I bet our opposition managers will take great joy sticking that comment up in the dressing room when they are playing us.... "Look at this lads... Even their manager reckons they are going to be gash, so get stuck in and prove him right"

Can he not think first before the wind flaps his lips and nonsensical sentences fall out? FFS get a grip Murray and talk the team up instead of desperately trying to convince everyone some of our poorest performances were just down to "Bad Luck"

I suppose I could argue in your defence that you shoild be an expert on big stupid mouths.