Ian Murray Will Come Good

No way will that happen... at least i hope not! Can you imagine how low the crowds would dwindle to?

Unfortunately, the crowds don't matter too much to the BOD and their entourage, the BOD said at the "armageddon" meeting that punters who turn up and pay at the gate make no difference to the finances of the club and losing OF fans and TV money etc, is what would kill our club. As long as enough season tickets are sold the home crowd attendance means very little to them financially.

Edited by buddiecat

There are a few things that really concern me about Murray. I still don't think he knows what his strongest line up is or what is the best formation to play. I really thought having managed in this divison for a couple of seasons he would have a better idea of what to expect from the teams we have faced, in my opinion, he doesn't have a clue.

Yesterday's 4-3-3 formation was all wrong. We were playing a team who sat in. When you play against a team that defends so deep you have to get either quality delivery in to the box or players that can eliminate/go past players. We had neither. Kelly's crossing was poor, Watson didn't cross the ball once in the first half.

It wasn't until Morgan came on - a player with pace and the ability to beat a man - that we started to look a bit more dangerous.

That substitution came too late. Also starting with three strikers in Thompson, Shankland and Gallacher leaves no striking options to make an impact on the game. Substitutes are a key part of the game, a plan B, I don't think Murray had a plan B!

It's poor stuff we're watching at the moment and I was really looking forward to this season. The next quarter of matches will be interesting, we have got a really tough run of matches coming up. I'd give him the next quarter to improve, if no improvement then sack him before we're involved in another relegation battle.

No longer urging everyone to get behind the team? 2 games away for calling for Murray's exit?

Put up the post where I said everyone should back the manager. I wrote on Friday that I back the manager in brackets at this time and hoped things would improve. So stop makingredients up total lies. Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Now, I am as angry as anyone else at the state of our club and I am very very concerned by Murray's performance as manager so far, to the point where at 5pm on Saturday I would have been delighted if we sacked him.

However, with a couple of days reflection I'm not so sure. The guy has only had a handful of games in charge where - admittedly we have played rank rotten - but we've also shown some intermittent signs of being a decent outfit - the draw at Easter Road and the win at Palmerston the examples.

Do we really want to bin someone after a few months in charge and pay off a 2 year contract at what, £150k or something like that? It reeks of EPL behaviour where managers are hired and sacked ruthlessly without thought.

Again, I have to caveat that I have been disgusted lately but he's a 34 yr old guy - he needs time to grow into the job. And he does need the fans support (including me, as I'll hold my hand up to booing him on Saturday).

I say we give him this season to keep us up (which I think he will do - as Alloa and Livi are worse than us!) then take stock at the end of the season. I just think binning him early (and having to rely on caretaker managers etc because inevitably its what we would do) isn't the only option.

We will win our share of points this season - in McMullan, Gallagher and Shankland we have potential stand outs at this level - give them and the manager time.

Can't quite believe I'm saying this, but sacking the guy 25% into the season isn't an option.

Now, I am as angry as anyone else at the state of our club and I am very very concerned by Murray's performance as manager so far, to the point where at 5pm on Saturday I would have been delighted if we sacked him.

However, with a couple of days reflection I'm not so sure. The guy has only had a handful of games in charge where - admittedly we have played rank rotten - but we've also shown some intermittent signs of being a decent outfit - the draw at Easter Road and the win at Palmerston the examples.

Do we really want to bin someone after a few months in charge and pay off a 2 year contract at what, £150k or something like that? It reeks of EPL behaviour where managers are hired and sacked ruthlessly without thought.

Again, I have to caveat that I have been disgusted lately but he's a 34 yr old guy - he needs time to grow into the job. And he does need the fans support (including me, as I'll hold my hand up to booing him on Saturday).

I say we give him this season to keep us up (which I think he will do - as Alloa and Livi are worse than us!) then take stock at the end of the season. I just think binning him early (and having to rely on caretaker managers etc because inevitably its what we would do) isn't the only option.

We will win our share of points this season - in McMullan, Gallagher and Shankland we have potential stand outs at this level - give them and the manager time.

Can't quite believe I'm saying this, but sacking the guy 25% into the season isn't an option.

I'm not so sure about that. Alloa and Livvy might also improve and we could be in a relegation dogfight....That's not acceptable. I have serious concerns about Murray's ability to turn it around, hence the reason i question whether we make the same mistake we made with TC. Do we wait and hope he gets it right? Or come November/ December realise it's not working...no doubt that's what the BOD will do and meanwhile our crowds will dwindle.

I'm not so sure about that. Alloa and Livvy might also improve and we could be in a relegation dogfight....That's not acceptable. I have serious concerns about Murray's ability to turn it around, hence the reason i question whether we make the same mistake we made with TC. Do we wait and hope he gets it right? Or come November/ December realise it's not working...no doubt that's what the BOD will do and meanwhile our crowds will dwindle.

I think Proud TB has hit the nail on the head. TC had next to no managerial experience, Murray has us in the same position, with the same poor form and shipping goals for fun as he did. In this league last season with Dumbarton. What you see on offer is I am afraid all that he is capable of! Quite why the board and many, many on here thought with his poor track record he was some kind of catch still baffles me.

SG overheard. Singing downnthe phone to someone?

You were working as a manager at a part time club

When I met you

I picked you out, Gave you a sponsors car

And turned you around

Turned you into someone new

Now five months later on you've got us down on our knees

Clusterf**king has been so easy for you

But don't forget it's me who put you where you are now

And I can put you back down too.

Don't. Don't you want me?

You know I can't believe it when you run up and down the stairs all game

You know I don't believe you when you say that Gow aint a wage thief

I think Proud TB has hit the nail on the head. TC had next to no managerial experience, Murray has us in the same position, with the same poor form and shipping goals for fun as he did. In this league last season with Dumbarton. What you see on offer is I am afraid all that he is capable of! Quite why the board and many, many on here thought with his poor track record he was some kind of catch still baffles me.

SG overheard. Singing downnthe phone to someone?

You were working as a manager at a part time club

When I met you

I picked you out, Gave you a sponsors car

And turned you around

Turned you into someone new

Now five months later on you've got us down on our knees

Clusterf**king has been so easy for you

But don't forget it's me who put you where you are now

And I can put you back down too.

You know I can't believe it when you run up and down the stairs all game

You know I don't believe you when you say that Gow aint a wage thief

I'd love it if that actually happened, SG singing down the phone to Murray.... Murray would run a mile thumbup2.gif

Unfortunately, the crowds don't matter too much to the BOD and their entourage, the BOD said at the "armageddon" meeting that punters who turn up and pay at the gate make no difference to the finances of the club and losing OF fans and TV money etc, is what would kill our club. As long as enough season tickets are sold the home crowd attendance means very little to them financially.

It might make little difference financially but it means there are less fans to cheer the team on and the atmosphere for the players is non existent... No 12th man effect from us!

I can understand the distress caused by our current predicament but Murray should and will be given more time. The team isn't being hammered every week and we are scoring goals, we just need the individual errors to stop. We are drawing too many games at present and if some these draws were victories we'd be further up the table. Murray's team is still in it's infancy and don't forget it is a learning curve for him too, making the step up. I think the board will show patience and allow Murray to turn things round.

As we may do too (hopefully). I would not rule out QOS and Dumbarton struggling too so we don't know how things will pan out other than we need to get our own house in order and start delivering on the pitch. Get the right balance on the pitch and we should be fine. Cannot see us being promoted but getting stabilised is the priority. We can then move on from there.

As we may do too (hopefully). I would not rule out QOS and Dumbarton struggling too so we don't know how things will pan out other than we need to get our own house in order and start delivering on the pitch. Get the right balance on the pitch and we should be fine. Cannot see us being promoted but getting stabilised is the priority. We can then move on from there.

You're right

Get the balance on the pitch right

He is making the same mistakes week in week out

He has made them for over a year now with a system that isn't working

But prior to this year he had Dumbarton playing good fitba

So it's possible he could turn it around but need to get rid of his stubborn streak

I can understand the distress caused by our current predicament but Murray should and will be given more time. The team isn't being hammered every week and we are scoring goals, we just need the individual errors to stop. We are drawing too many games at present and if some these draws were victories we'd be further up the table. Murray's team is still in it's infancy and don't forget it is a learning curve for him too, making the step up. I think the board will show patience and allow Murray to turn things round.[/quote

Are you Ian Murray? The team isn't being hammered every week, are you for real - the team has been outfought and outthought in every game, the team have no game plan and certainly no back up plan.

I can understand the distress caused by our current predicament but Murray should and will be given more time. The team isn't being hammered every week and we are scoring goals, we just need the individual errors to stop. We are drawing too many games at present and if some these draws were victories we'd be further up the table. Murray's team is still in it's infancy and don't forget it is a learning curve for him too, making the step up. I think the board will show patience and allow Murray to turn things round.[/quote

Are you Ian Murray? The team isn't being hammered every week, are you for real - the team has been outfought and outthought in every game, the team have no game plan and certainly no back up plan.

Mr Murray had a lot of "mates" on here championing his cause before he was signed, and I Dare say a fair few are out now to try and protect him. Study carefully who says what, its very revealing!

Did a quick straw poll on twitter on Sat night asking fellow buds if they thought it was the end of the line for Murray or if he should be given more time.

Worked out in the end that 60% were in favour of him going, 40% said he deserved more time.

Given that this was just a couple of hours after the game I thought that level of support for Murray was actually quite surprising.

It's all moot anyway, as he won't walk, nor will he be sacked. We are right back to the same place we were this time last season.

ame="melmac" post="1314114" timestamp="1444054009"]

Mr Murray had a lot of "mates" on here championing his cause before he was signed, and I Dare say a fair few are out now to try and protect him. Study carefully who says what, its very revealing!

Agree he won't be saked just now, however if there is no improvement over the season I for one will not renew the season ticket and would think there will be plenty with me. Does not mean that's me finished just won't attend as many games. On that I'm sure the board would be worried for the following season on season ticket sales. Murray is too young to be a manager at our level. Given the age of our senior players don't think it would take much for them to lose respect of Murray when that happens we will be in deep trouble. Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Did a quick straw poll on twitter on Sat night asking fellow buds if they thought it was the end of the line for Murray or if he should be given more time.

Worked out in the end that 60% were in favour of him going, 40% said he deserved more time.

Given that this was just a couple of hours after the game I thought that level of support for Murray was actually quite surprising.

It's all moot anyway, as he won't walk, nor will he be sacked. We are right back to the same place we were this time last season.

In managerial terms, we are. In squad terms I still feel we're better off. Murray's comments post match on Saturday were telling in two ways. Firstly, he's tried to deflect a huge portion of blame from himself by claiming that some players are 'clearly' not good enough to be at the club. Now, I'd love for him to pinpoint who he thinks aren't good enough as on a man-by-man basis, there's not a lot I'd change. And secondly, he's f**king lying through his teeth AGAIN, by saying they weren't sticking to the instructions.

We won't get better than Callum Gallagher, Paul McMullan and Lawrence Shankland as attacking options. All three have shown enough in the first 9 games to suggest they're clearly up to the task at this level. Mallan is inconsistent but clearly talented. Webster has looked good and can't really be apportioned much blame for defensive shortcomings. Goodwin is strolling matches despite Murray all but confirming he didn't fancy him as a player. Baird has made a few mistakes recently since being insanely shunted out to full back a few games back but looked decent before that. Langfield is an improvement on Ridgers. Kelly has looked far better since going back to full-back though had a poor game on Saturday and Watson is unspectacular but steady enough.

On the other hand, Thompson hasn't kicked on as much as we'd all hoped this season and unfortunately looks like a man lost again, much as it pains me to say. Howieson is a victim of his own managers ineptitude...constantly out of position at left midfield, was shifted into the middle against Raith in the second half and looked a bit better than his dreadful first half, the less said about Gow the better, Agnew is lightweight but would certainly be a better option than the absolute ghost that is Stuart Carswell.

The overriding issue for me certainly isn't the personnel, it's the bizarre and seemingly scattergun manner in which they are being deployed and told to approach matches. If they aren't doing what Murray and Spalding are telling them, then they need to elaborate further! What exactly ARE they being told to do? I saw a team on Saturday who played at a pedestrian pace against a side who were quite happy to fire 10 bodies being the ball and invite said players into space....it was crying out for pace and direct runs at their heart. Yet that didn't happen....now if it was to be believed that it didn't happen in spite of Murray's instructions, then why wasn't the second half any different, why wasn't he down there bawling at them rather than whispering in Spalding's ear!? Why was only one f**king substitution made and none were even sent out to warm up (or even looked like doing so) after Morgan came on if the situation was so desperate in his players defying orders?!

The guy is a bullshit artist. Pure and simple. I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He lied in the press about Mark Ridgers being first choice, then he stated in the press that Howieson wasn't a left mid before playing him at left mid a week later to yet more ineffectual results and now he's fibbing that his players aren't doing what he and Spalding are telling them to when what wen't down on Saturday was clearly the game plan....right down to when the one planned sub (and no more) would be used.

Edited by djchapsticks

As long as I can afford it, my Season Ticket will always be renewed.

Although it disnae happen often enough, there is nothing better than St Mirren scoring goals and winning football matches.

Can't disagree with any of that Robert.

I think the players who are clearly not good enough to be at the club, based on current showings, would be the like of Conlan, Gow, Carswell, Agnew and possibly Howieson (but I totally agree that he is never deployed in his best position).

The manager didn't inherit those players, he signed the lot of them.

We've now reached the first quarter of league games with a grand total of 7 points. The manager still doesn't know his best starting eleven. It's time for Stewart Gilmour and George Campbell to get the manager and players together and sort out this mess.

If we lose to Dunfermline and then away to Livingston then the board will have no choice other than to sack Murray. I understand that there will be no funds to pay compo and it might be we have to offer an experienced man currently out of work a gig on peanuts to the end of the season.

Edited by class of 76-77

But in a lower league against lesser opposition. A league that our manager has a decent knowledge of managing in !!