Ian Murray Will Come Good

We wont be a stepping stone for Mr Murray , he`ll be sacked.

Indeed he will descend into the depths of obscurity, and so he should, to change overwhelming game winning tactics in the space of a 15 minute half time break absolutely beggars belief. If he learns from that and goes on to overturn our fortunes and proves you and me to be complete arses (in football management terms that is) then i am sure we will both congratulate him and forget about his early season madness, but we will not forget that he was capable of such madness, and neither will the rest of Scottish football arses like us.

It's not looking too good for Mr Murray so far.

But he should be giving a full season to show what he can do for our club.

Too much managerial merry go round of late for me.

Aye it will take the best part of a year for him to fulfil his goal that is based on his dearly held belief that.....

"A club like St Mirren with all its history, resources, facilities and support doesn't belong in this league!"

When he declared it though I had mistakenly thought he meant we should be playing in the prem again,,,!

It's not acceptable to lose from being 2-0 up but a couple of the goals were individual errors that could and should have been avoided. Their first goal was poor from the defender on the back post and langfield was in no mans land. Then Agnew needlessly gave away a penalty when there was already enough players there to stop the player. These mistakes allowed Falkirk momentum and the last goal was just a sickener, both teams were going for a winner and Thommo had a chance before they scored their winner, it could have went either way. My main criticism of Murray yesterday is that he allowed our team to sit too deep and try and defend our lead and this should have worked but as i said individual errors messed that tactic up.

Murray should never have been given the job.

He's a clueless dud who doesn't know what he's doing.

Individual errors are not the managers fault. Agnew needlessly gave away a penalty when there was already enough cover. We'll see if they learn from their mistakes on Friday night.

Individual errors are not the managers fault. Agnew needlessly gave away a penalty when there was already enough cover. We'll see if they learn from their mistakes on Friday night.

Agree. But here`s the thing. Peter Houston could see that his team were getting a doing. Towards the end of the first half he got Lee miller stripped to come on & change things, At half time the change was made & what an impact.

When Falkirk hammered us in the second half , & be sure , they did..... Our Manager could do nothing. He weakened our midfield & lumped aimless long balls to a tiring centre forward who also had to track back to help out his defence at EVERY corner kick !!

Our manager does not have the tactical know how to compete in this league .... YET. I hope he`ll come good but lets hope its f**king quick or we will be facing a whole load more games like yesterday.

To those people who have blind belief that Ian Murray will come good - what evidence do you base that on ?

Why berate people who use evidence - not to make predictions like some self certified expert who thinks he can see into the future - but base it on the hard facts which they have witnessed. Who are the people in the wrong, those who see and use hard facts, or those who believe they can foretell the fortunes of our team ?

Edited by buddiecat

I was quite pleased that we appointed Murray, a young ambitious manager who knows the division and I thought he would do okay, but I'm struggling to think of anything that's impressed me so far.

The home record is appalling, 3 home defeats already is too many, especially after being in front in all of the matches. Is fitness a problem?

Yesterday's subs were strange. Morgan for McMullen seemed the obvious change, everyone can see that Thompson can't last the 90 minutes - I was just waiting on him committing another foul and the referee (who was horrendous) sending him off. He should have been subbed.

We don't dominate the ball for long spells or see nice combinations being formed to create chances. I can't remember the Falkirk keeper being tested in the second half.

On the occasions we won the league in 2000 and 2006 we had something different. In 2000 it was all about great attacking play, excellent delivery from set pieces. 2006 success was built on being resilient and hard to beat. I know it's early days but I'm struggling to see what Murray's philosophy is - I don't even think he knows himself which is more worrying.

I've always thought this season would be all about consolidating, at best a play off place now I think we could be struggling to stay in the division.

To those people who have blind belief that Ian Murray will come good - what evidence do you base that on ?

Why berate people who use evidence - not to make predictions like some self certified expert who thinks he can see into the future - but base it on the hard facts which they have witnessed. Who are the people in the wrong, those who see and use hard facts, or those who believe they can foretell the fortunes of our team ?

Everyone is looking into the future including you, how can you say he won't come good without speculating? You have no hard facts to prove he won't come good it's only your opinion.

My opinion is he has built a decent squad and he will come good.

One of us will be proved wrong.

Everyone is looking into the future including you, how can you say he won't come good without speculating? You have no hard facts to prove he won't come good it's only your opinion.

My opinion is he has built a decent squad and he will come good.

One of us will be proved wrong.

I dont think he is saying Murray wont come good. In a previous post he doubts Murrays ability but at the same time admits if he does come good , he will be among the first to congratulate him. I agree with him.

Lets face FACTS, Murrays short tenure in charge of OUR club has not been good, in fact it has been f**kin deplorable in both results & performances. Indeed , similar displays & results saw previous managers leave.

I , like Buddiecat i`m sure , HOPE HE DOES SUCCEED .

For the good of our club & our feckin sanity !! The early signs however are not good. As i`ve said previously , he needs to learn & learn fast !!

Certainly don't have blind faith and would add I was never kean for the Murray choice. However he was appointed manager and as such has my backing. On a positive note I like the squad he has assembled their is the making of a good team. On a negative not I see we are playing too deep. We all know we are playing too deep would like to think the manager can see this also. Noticed in Dumfries Jim Goodwin was ordering the players more forward when QOS were pressing us . My hope is we learn from this situation , who knows my fingers are crossed. The manager is young can we afford a learning platform . From my view no. This is a board decision .

Certainly don't have blind faith and would add I was never kean for the Murray choice. However he was appointed manager and as such has my backing. On a positive note I like the squad he has assembled their is the making of a good team. On a negative not I see we are playing too deep. We all know we are playing too deep would like to think the manager can see this also. Noticed in Dumfries Jim Goodwin was ordering the players more forward when QOS were pressing us . My hope is we learn from this situation , who knows my fingers are crossed. The manager is young can we afford a learning platform . From my view no. This is a board decision .

Dont know where you are coming from here Bud ?!?

What are you saying about the Goody situation in Dumfries?

I think pressing forward is good , they cant score if you`ve got them pinned in their own half !

Apologies if i`ve picked you up wrong.

I have said elsewhere that my main criticism of Murray is that he asks (i presume) the team to sit too deep. We did that in this game and because of poor defending/individual errors it was the wrong tactic. During the game i had the feeling that we needed a 3rd goal to kill Falkirk off. Once they were gifted the first goal Falkirk had the momentum. In hindsight we should have pressed them more and tried to kill them off. Murray went for the sit deep and counter attack tactic and obviously it didn't work. If he doesn't learn from these mistakes he'll not last in the job, i think he, and the players will learn from their mistakes.

Dont know where you are coming from here Bud ?!?

What are you saying about the Goody situation in Dumfries?

I think pressing forward is good , they cant score if you`ve got them pinned in their own half !

Apologies if i`ve picked you up wrong.

where are am I coming from. 1- Murray was not my first choice . 2- As Murray was appointed I hope he comes good and at this ( time ) has my support. 3- when the team was playing deep in Dumfries Jim Goodwin was waving his hands forward at our defence and midfield to push more forward. 3- my hope is the manager knows we are playing too deep at times. Number 3 could be wrong in my understanding . Lastly I hope we come good.

where are am I coming from. 1- Murray was not my first choice . 2- As Murray was appointed I hope he comes good and at this ( time ) has my support. 3- when the team was playing deep in Dumfries Jim Goodwin was waving his hands forward at our defence and midfield to push more forward. 3- my hope is the manager knows we are playing too deep at times. Number 3 could be wrong in my understanding . Lastly I hope we come good.

yep , not questioning the majority of your post . Just was looking for clarification on the goody bit.

IMO , i agree, we sit far too deep. If Goody was pushing us further forward , that is what we should be doing . We won & didnt concede !

It would be interesting to see whether Goody was going against his managers cautious approach (& if so against his managers instructions !) which if it is the case must surely bring into question his tactical awareness & therefore .... his appointment.

Again though i will repeat, I HOPE HE PROVES ALL US DOUBTERS WRONG & GETS IT SORTED. i just hope he does it f**kin soon coz this is torture ! sad.png

Blind faith? No, not over-reacting after half a dozen games. By your analogy, José Mourinho, Dick Advocate, Jackie McNamara and Alan Archibald should all be sacked?

Blind faith? No, not over-reacting after half a dozen games. By your analogy, José Mourinho, Dick Advocate, Jackie McNamara and Alan Archibald should all be sacked?

Mourinho, Advocate and even Archibald have all won stuff and have a track record as a manager... Murray's track record consists of Dumbarton being marginally better than expected when he was in charge for two and a bit seasons.

Hmm, patience and support, for now. Most managers would always come good given time.

Problem for Murray of course is that time presently is his enemy as St Mirren continue to conspire to dumbfound and surprise. It appears that we still have not bottomed out. What depth will we drop to before time does run out.

I'd suggest that his turnaround has to now start showing some progress, in his next league game, Raith Rovers in Paisley. Away to Hibs following, well, you just don't know with us, hell, we'd probably, lose to Raith and beat Hibs as per the St mirren method.....................dig out something unexpected.

Long term this season, well, its beginning to look like a survival game, with consolidation and a push for the promotion in 2016/2017.

Anyway , as for Murray coming good, the capitulation to Falkirk at the weekend showed mental weakness and confusion amongst players and manager. I also detect significant pissedoffness amongst some of the players, I think that shows in periods in a game, especially when things are against us. We lose momentum and cannot recover it again. There is no spark , no sharp incisive leadership.

There was, I thought, a fair amount of inevitability about the outcome on Saturday, felt it amongst the crowd, the players going deeper and the arrogant maverick tosser of a ref simply added to the mix.

Cautious, and sitting deep, that's what managers with a defensive trait do by default, that was a significant contributor to Saturdays defeat.........it was Gus like in its inevitability. Dumbarton fans often criticised Murray for being over cautious, I think I see where they are coming from. Over cautious with us in this league will for sure see him out the door. He needs to change , pretty damn quick for his own sake , and ours