Saints V Falkirk

st jock

I actually enjoyed the game, shame about the result though. Like most games this season it's been 2 teams trying to win the game.

Ref didn't have a great game, really inconsistent which par for the course. I agree with the Thommo booking for persistent fouling but he could have given a couple of 2nd bookings to Falkirk players for the same. Also thought it was a clear goal scoring opportunity in the first half and could easily have been red.

First half we were actually very decent. Dominated play, strolled it at the back and played some decent stuff.

Falkirk hammered us in the 2nd half and deserved the 3 points for their efforts. We totally switched off and then couldn't get back up to the level we were at.

Too early to be calling for the managers head IMO. We won't be involved in a relegation fight and may be involved in a fight for the play offs.

I'd be willing to give Murray at least the season and the start of next to get it right.

this is what i think but the haters have made their mind up after 6 games!

Pretty sure Taiwo was booked in the first half.

In the second he did a dive, which the ref acknowledged, but didn't yellow him.

Did another couple of fouls, plus feigned injury.

Not as clear as Kerr, but if he got Kerr right (easy decision) that would have been enough.

he should of been booked for diving but he never got a yellow in the game

Well.

Largely agree with what's been said

Morgan for McMullan the obvious change rather than give a boy his first professional start and play him out of position

Taking of a midfielder and going 4 2 4 probably cost us a point, maybe two,

BUT Lee Miller came on and suddenly we shat it at the back. Either drop goodwin into a 3 and push on the full backs or just go for it and have a straight forward shootout for 45 minutes. We just dropped deeper and deeper and hand no plan to actually deal with Miller

Edited by insaintee

John Beaton... could have sent off Taiwo, or the guy who crocked McMullen.

SHOULD have sent off Mark Kerr.

Gave foul after foul to Falkirk to help them keep the pressure on and stop us from getting any momentum going.

He gave so many soft fouls against Thommo he ended up having to book him.

Not saying we shouldn't have been able to rise above that in the second half, but if Kerr walks for the barge on Goodwin at 2-1 Saints, it's a different game.

The referee didn't cost us the game, it was the poor performance of the players and poor tactics by the manager that did that. Several on here have blamed the ref in recent draws and defeats. We're becoming like the bigot brothers - "it's a conspiracy". Get real - were just not very good!

seriously??? because he has been a passionate and committed fan for decades and the fact you dont agree with what he says...but ...I have to "not " take cheap shots and head his words

i will give my opinion...i will view my thoughts...that is a given

but my choices will NOT BE GOVERENED BY SOMEONE ELSES STATURE no matter how long they have been a fan...how long have i been a fan?

It was friendly advice, thats all

Nobody getting billy big baws here

I love SMFC.I love Thommo.

BUT that doesn't mean I can't criticise.

Thommos total contribution to the 2nd half was to give away stupid foul after stupid foul and then greet when the ref penalised him.Yes,the ref had a poor game too but every free kick he gave against Thommo was justified.He is our most experienced player having played at the top level of the game but he needs to sort himself out attitude wise.

Sorry if this upsets a few of you but it's my opinion.

Thommos total contribution to the 2nd half was to give away stupid foul after stupid foul and then greet when the ref penalised him.Yes,the ref had a poor game too but every free kick he gave against Thommo was justified.He is our most experienced player having played at the top level of the game but he needs to sort himself out attitude wise.

Totally agree.

The one when he finally got booked summed his 2nd half up. No attempt to play the ball, wasn't even looking at the ball.

he should of been booked for diving but he never got a yellow in the game

Ah okay, was sure he was booked in the first half - makes it even more inexplicable that Beaton let him off then.

The only reason for Kerr not getting a yellow for his challenge on Goodwin was surely because it'd have meant a red.

I assumed the reason for being lenient with Taiwo was the same.

for god's sake don't apologise, be glad it upsets them cos then they might actually THINK

Totally agree.

The one when he finally got booked summed his 2nd half up. No attempt to play the ball, wasn't even looking at the ball.

What a surprise to see you agree in an anti Thommo comment.

Get a grip. McAusland is gone and rightly so, get over it.

Totally agree.

he wasn't looking at the ball because he knew he was about to be clattered by there 2 players. That wasn't a foul that one.

There defenders were all over him and shank land when he came on ref was so inconsistent

Thommo ain't done he was great last week at queens it's not his fault we couldn't defend and midfield was non existent 2nd half.

Edited by buddies1877

The referee didn't cost us the game, it was the poor performance of the players and poor tactics by the manager that did that. Several on here have blamed the ref in recent draws and defeats. We're becoming like the bigot brothers - "it's a conspiracy". Get real - were just not very good!

Do you think Mark Kerr should have had a second yellow for his challenge on Goodwin?

Do you think Goodwin would have received a yellow for such a challenge? Especially given the person on the other end would have rolled around in agony, and his team mates would have surrounded the ref.

Do you think if Falkirk had gone down to 10 men when it was 2-1 Saints that they'd have won the game?

Not saying we weren't poor in the second half, just pointing out that the refereeing favoured Falkirk.

The Kerr decision was not a tough one, and it also contributed to our defeat.