Saints V Falkirk

st jock

What a surprise to see you agree in an anti Thommo comment.

Get a grip. McAusland is gone and rightly so, get over it.

Anti Thommo comment?

He had a poor 2nd half, committed several fouls and should have been subbed as he was gubbed.

He did well in the 1st half but couldn't last the pace.

McAusland? Is he gone? I hadn't noticed as I'm sure he was to blame for the leaky defence.....

he wasn't looking at the ball because he knew he was about to be clattered by there 2 players. That wasn't a foul that one.

There defenders were all over him and shank land when he came on ref was so inconsistent

Disagree, everyone around me thought it was a foul. Maybe just different angle of view.

Thought he had a great 1st half but should have been subbed at 2-2.

Disagree, everyone around me thought it was a foul. Maybe just different angle of view.

I thought that was probably the only one in that fifteen minute period that wasn't a foul against him. Reckon the referee had already decided he was getting booked for the next one he was involved in. Probably rightly so.

Sorry John but I think that's bollocks. How can you possibly say Thommo deserved that yellow card? He was being penalised for f**k all right through the match.

Correct.

Striker and defender going for the ball is often 50/50.

Thommo seemed to be getting pulled up 75/25, and I really don't think he was fouling.

When Shankland came on, he was also getting the same treatment from the Falkirk defenders - and the Falkirk defenders were getting away with it.

Again, not tough decisions to give, especially when some of them were right in front of the west stand linesman - but nope, play on.

Very frustrating.

Lol really we must of been in different stands everyone round me was shocked a foul was given. What exactly did he do wrong between the two Falkirk players?

Morgan should of been on for mcmullan mibby help provide him abit of service think he had one half decent chance from shankland and it was a bad 1st touch.

Was Thommo' harshly penalised a few times with free kicks given against him? Maybe. Should Kerr have been shown a second yellow? Maybe. Was the challenge on McMullan a hard one? Aye. If Webster had done a similar challenge on John Baird would we have applauded it? Undoubtably. Were there one or two iffy refereeing decisions? Aye.

Did anything the referee did cost us that game today? Did it fcuk.

Lol really we must of been in different stands everyone round me was shocked a foul was given. What exactly did he do wrong between the two Falkirk players?

No attempt to head the ball, focused on the player as he jumped into him. That's how I saw it and was the opinion of the guys around me where I was sitting in the main stand.

Morgan should of been on for mcmullan mibby help provide him abit of service think he had one half decent chance from shankland and it was a bad 1st touch.

McMullan going off was a blow and replacing him for McGrath didn't work out at all. Thought the youngster really struggled.

Was Thommo' harshly penalised a few times with free kicks given against him? Maybe. Should Kerr have been shown a second yellow? Maybe. Was the challenge on McMullan a hard one? Aye. If Webster had done a similar challenge on John Baird would we have applauded it? Undoubtably. Were there one or two iffy refereeing decisions? Aye.

Did anything the referee did cost us that game today? Did it fcuk.

I would agree with this, we should have been able to see the game out regardless of the referees decisions.

However, I would like to see the McMullan incident again though as it looked like a clear goal scoring opportunity from the other end of the Main Stand. This could have made a big difference in the outcome.

Edited by davidg

No attempt to head the ball, focused on the player as he jumped into him. That's how I saw it and was the opinion of the guys around me where I was sitting in the main stand.

McMullan going off was a blow and replacing him for McGrath didn't work out at all. Thought the youngster really struggled.

He was facing the west stand where I was sitting he jumped in the air and looked down as he seen the two player were about to clatter him

He went into the Falkirk player who won the ball as the other Falkirk player on the other side went into him.

What's he to do not challenge for a ball at all

Edited by buddies1877

I disagree. The ref's influence in the second half had a huge influence. Soft penalty, really iffy decisions against Thommo and Shankland, Kerr should have been red carded.... Not disputing that we were shite in the second half at all but no one can honestly say he had no effect on the outcome.

Sorry John but I think that's bollocks. How can you possibly say Thommo deserved that yellow card? He was being penalised for f**k all right through the match.

Herbie,he was booked for "persistent fouling".He had 3 or 4 fouls against him in a short period of time. He has nobody to blame for the booking than himself.

I'm sure he will go on to have some more great games for us but today was one to forget.

Herbie,he was booked for "persistent fouling".He had 3 or 4 fouls against him in a short period of time. He has nobody to blame for the booking than himself.

I'm sure he will go on to have some more great games for us but today was one to forget.

the fouls were nothing fouls some not even fouls.

Especially the one he got booked for imo

Ref was so inconsistent fouls he gave against thommo there defenders got away with time and again.

I disagree. The ref's influence in the second half had a huge influence. Soft penalty, really iffy decisions against Thommo and Shankland, Kerr should have been red carded.... Not disputing that we were shite in the second half at all but no one can honestly say he had no effect on the outcome.

The referee, I absolutely agree, influences things by his decision making one way or another. Earlier in corporate, I saw the referee in the Aberdeen v Celtic game award two penalties which clearly influenced things. I actually thought Aberdeen's penalty was very soft - but it shafted an ugly sister, so hey-ho...

In our game though? Not for me. I cannot blame the referee for our utterly abysmal capitulation in a game were were cruising in, playing well in, leading 2-0 in, and looking comfortable in.

We shat it - again. Anyone else up at Tannadice under Danny Lennon when we spunked away a two goal lead to lose 3-2 by shipping three goals in a mere sixteen minutes?

Nothing has changed - we are soft as shite. The amount of leads we throw away is inexcusable.

I'm not blaming the ref entirely Poz. But his god awful decisions had a huge impact. Heads go down, frustration kicks in etc etc. ..

Aye, and Aberdeen heads went down and they were so frustrated at having a man harshly sent off today that with ten men they fcuked Celtic 2-1.

We shat it and threw away a 2-0 lead at home with half the game gone...

Hence me not blaming the referee.

Aye. And we had a player harshly booked after a series of shocking decisions. Sometimes it gets a team angry. Sometimes it has the opposite effect. I don't think we shat it today. A combination of shite referreing and a management inability to combat Falkirk's tactical changes f**ked us.

Its amazing how people see things differently.

1. IMO it was a blatant penalty , i dont think a single saint question the decision, usually a good indicator it was a foul.

2 Again , IMO Agnew was very poor, he is fast becoming a wee bit of a shitebag in the tackle & very obviously doesnt fancy competing for headers !

3. Yes , the ref was inconsistent & generally very bad but which of his decisions cost us a goal ??

Whilst no single decision or lack thereof ,specifically cost us a goal , there were several decisions which were of certain benefit to Flawdkit . Beginning with the decision not to red card Grant after he attempted to cripple wee McMullan , the decision to let Flawdkit keep playing the ball despite the fact the ball was at least 18" out of play at the Westbank line and despite the fact that the linesman was only about 8 feet away from the incident , the decision to call Thompson for offside when he was clearly being played onside by their number 3 Leahy -the same Leahy who yelled abuse at the westbank on the final whistle , obviously an odious wee shite. .

Neither of our booking made sense and he was giving fouls against us and seconds later when a Flawdkit player committed a similar infringement he turned a blind eye..

There were other incidents that had the Main Stand fans on their feet gesticulating but were harder to discern from the Westbank. .

If we had been better in the second half it wouldn't have mattered so much but the ref was obviously incompetent and that is simply not okay . .

Again HSS, I disagree. The majority of his fouls were fpr nothing. There were at least two occasions where he appeared to be fouled for jumping. No wonder crowds are dwindling....

He spends most of the match backing in instead of trying to jump, that's when he's not offside or bleeting to the Ref. His booking did look weird, but he got away with throwing an elbow soon after. I wouldn't mind, but when the ball did get to him near goal he looked like a centre back thrown up for the last 10. We got the vs Rangers Thommo in the 2nd half today, that Thommo can f**k off.

As for everything else. First half we were comfortable, Falkirk tested us second half and Murray was found out. It was the same defensive bullshit that has cost us all the season, the wee team holding a cup tie lead mentality. Our flanks just became more exposed as the greyhounds tired and we had nothing through the middle. Plenty of running, plenty of huff and puff with very little substance.

Blaming the ref? Honestly?

We were 2-0 up. And we bottled it. The manager will carry the can but our players need to have a look at themselves. Calling them weak sauce is a disservice.

Thompson was always going to be booked he was acting like a newbie. No smarts, and a piss poor performance. All sentiment aside he shouldn't start against Raith.