Saints V Falkirk

st jock

Blaming the ref? Honestly?

We were 2-0 up. And we bottled it. The manager will carry the can but our players need to have a look at themselves. Calling them weak sauce is a disservice.

Thompson was always going to be booked he was acting like a newbie. No smarts, and a piss poor performance. All sentiment aside he shouldn't start against Raith.

Blaming Thompson ? Honestly?

Did he get any service support 2nd half think he had one half decent chance.

Not his fault midfield was non existent and defenders couldn't handle lee f**king Miller

Not his fault midfield was non existent and defenders couldn't handle lee f**king Miller

Thommo's second half stats were 18 backings in, 18 non attempts to jump, 18 complaints to the Ref, one control when clear, one turn back, one lay off, one sort of control in the box, one piss poor attempt, one booking, one cheeky elbow and no get it up ye gesture.

Thommo's second half stats were 18 backings in, 18 non attempts to jump, 18 complaints to the Ref, one control when clear, one turn back, one lay off, one sort of control in the box, one piss poor attempt, one booking, one cheeky elbow and no get it up ye gesture.

no pulling at his shirt stats, no foul for just jumping with opponent stats, No defending set piece stats no and no 1st half stats either.

Shame no one could just run down the wing and put in a decent ball for him to attack everyone now and again.

We certainly cannot blame Goody and Wee Stevie after Agnew went off as we played 4-2-4 and were overrun in midfield. And when Agnew was on the other two were covering for him. We need someone else in there. Agnew needs to be dropped. He runs about a lot but seems to rarely win a ball or do much with it. We need more dig and vision from that role.

no pulling at his shirt stats, no foul for just jumping with opponent stats, No defending set piece stats no and no 1st half stats either.

Shame no one could just run down the wing and put in a decent ball for him to attack everyone now and again.

That did happen, he connected with a header in the first half and wasn't in the box as an option a couple of times in the second.

You sir, are a f**king moron.

At no point did I blame Thompson. Thompson deserved to be booked as he showed no intelligence to his play. But Thompson was still part of a disgusting second half display

Thompson deserves all the abuse he can get for today he was pants.

Gallagher and shankland should start up front next game.

Hope McMullan is okay for next game too.

Really the whole team needs to toughen up in this league and look out for each other, not many teams will let you play football .

Refs aren't the greatest either.

Time fir the tin hats.

Bring back aber.

The referee, I absolutely agree, influences things by his decision making one way or another. Earlier in corporate, I saw the referee in the Aberdeen v Celtic game award two penalties which clearly influenced things. I actually thought Aberdeen's penalty was very soft - but it shafted an ugly sister, so hey-ho...

In our game though? Not for me. I cannot blame the referee for our utterly abysmal capitulation in a game were were cruising in, playing well in, leading 2-0 in, and looking comfortable in.

We shat it - again. Anyone else up at Tannadice under Danny Lennon when we spunked away a two goal lead to lose 3-2 by shipping three goals in a mere sixteen minutes?

Nothing has changed - we are soft as shite. The amount of leads we throw away is inexcusable.

Ah! I see a pattern here.

Was United's first goal not one of the worst offside decisions ever?

Saints cruising, mistake from the officials and the game changes.

Cifti's injury time winner was also offiside, but nowhere near as bad as the one for their first.

I genuinely can't see how there could be a referee's conspiracy against us, but games like today (2 red cards not given) and the other game you highlighted where we let go a 2 goal lead, were definitely ones where refereeing mistakes had an impact.

Aye. And we had a player harshly booked after a series of shocking decisions. Sometimes it gets a team angry. Sometimes it has the opposite effect. I don't think we shat it today. A combination of shite referreing and a management inability to combat Falkirk's tactical changes f**ked us.

We'll just need to agree to disagree mate. My view is that we shat it, again, pure and simple. The referee had an influence on the proceedings, as referees do in every single match, but we remain, despite personnel changes, a soft touch. A team lacking in bottle, steel, stomach for a fight.

I said as much before a ball was kicked - my posts are there. I marked down many teams in this league as being streetwise in the art of playing Division 1 football. Livingston rattled us by having a strong spine to their team and not being adverse to some kicking and gamesmanship. Dumbarton rattled us by having a strong spine and being better organised and had a better shape. Falkirk rattled us in a mere 45 mins by bullying us, outfighting us, outplaying us, and..... that all came about undoubtably following some serious half time talking and re-jigging from Peter Houston.

What was Mr Murray doing at half time? Teams are pishing all over us on and off the park.

Christ, that was a truly awful second half that I just didn't see coming at all. At half time yesterday we were in third place, 2 points off second and looking like getting back to back wins since who knows when, with a another home game on the horizon.

"Thank f**k, it looks like we've turned the corner", I said to my mate.

What did I know?

That team needs to take a right good look at itself. The back four, who strolled the first half, were collectively abysmal. Young Baird had his worst game for Saints and I didn't notice Webster speaking to him once with instructions or encouragement.

Goodwin, who again had a great first half was just left exposed by the lack of anything resembling tackling by his fellow midfielders and it simply got worse when Agnew was take off and we allowed Falkirk to run through us unopposed.

Thompson? WTF? Won every ball in the first 45 mins and then decided to be a petulant prick in the second when he clearly had the measure of his marker.

Gallagher is not a wide player. McGrath is not a football player. Murray doesn't appear to be a football manager.

The second half collapse yesterday was like watching a car crash. We have now got some experience in our team in Langfield, Webster, Goodwin and Thommo but 2nd half we basically got bullied out of it by a far hungrier team. We showed some good signs yesterday and in McMullen we have a match winner but we need to wisen up quickly and show some fight otherwise teams will continue to basically ragdoll us all over the park.

We'll just need to agree to disagree mate. My view is that we shat it, again, pure and simple. The referee had an influence on the proceedings, as referees do in every single match, but we remain, despite personnel changes, a soft touch. A team lacking in bottle, steel, stomach for a fight.

I said as much before a ball was kicked - my posts are there. I marked down many teams in this league as being streetwise in the art of playing Division 1 football. Livingston rattled us by having a strong spine to their team and not being adverse to some kicking and gamesmanship. Dumbarton rattled us by having a strong spine and being better organised and had a better shape. Falkirk rattled us in a mere 45 mins by bullying us, outfighting us, outplaying us, and..... that all came about undoubtably following some serious half time talking and re-jigging from Peter Houston.

What was Mr Murray doing at half time? Teams are pishing all over us on and off the park.

Ffs , Peter Houston beat us. .chris.gif

You sir, are a f**king moron.

At no point did I blame Thompson. Thompson deserved to be booked as he showed no intelligence to his play. But Thompson was still part of a disgusting second half display

You sir are a f**king moron thinking that 1-0 up with Falkirk down to 10 men or 2-0 up with Falkirk down to 9 men. Which prob should of happened didn't affect the game at all ref was shit for 90 mins we were shit for 45 mins. Falkirk benefited greatly from refereeing.

Last week if you were there the queens defence couldn't handle thommo no player is going to be brilliant 90 mins every game he played well 1st half and like the full team fell away in the 2nd he was constantly running back to defend set pieces and coming into midfield to try get the ball because there was no f**king midfield.

What's shankland and Gallagher done to prove there a much better option than thommo??

Gallagher missed a sitter last week at queens 1 on 1.

That was as shite as it gets supporting a football team. Half time and everything is rosey in the garden, 45 mins later and you feel worse than you would if you'd been forced to watch celebrity big brother.

The team looked totally unfazed in the first half, defence was unworried and we'd had some nice attacking football to watch. God knows what happened in the second half.

I'm not normally one for criticising the young players but mcgrath looked lost. I'd have taken him off.

The other thing I'm taking away from that game is that, unfortunately, thomsons time is really near the end. He spent most of the game clattering into folk and moaning at the ref and other saints players. His booking was stupid - he just jumped straight into the Falkirk player, wasn't even looking at the ball. I think it time we focused on other strikers.

Yesterday's result was indeed sickening however you would like to think that Murray won't make the the decision to try and defend a lead again because it won't work when players keep making individual errors. Sitting back and defending a 2 goal lead and counter attacking is not bad tactic if your players do their jobs properly, on a couple of occasions they didn't. The first 2 goals could and should have been easily avoided.

You sir are a f**king moron thinking that 1-0 up with Falkirk down to 10 men or 2-0 up with Falkirk down to 9 men. Which prob should of happened didn't affect the game at all ref was shit for 90 mins we were shit for 45 mins. Falkirk benefited greatly from refereeing.

Last week if you were there the queens defence couldn't handle thommo no player is going to be brilliant 90 mins every game he played well 1st half and like the full team fell away in the 2nd he was constantly running back to defend set pieces and coming into midfield to try get the ball because there was no f**king midfield.

What's shankland and Gallagher done to prove there a much better option than thommo??

Gallagher missed a sitter last week at queens 1 on 1.

. .or the lack thereof . .

.. some of it had my Buddies and I actually laughing , it was just so unbelievable and peculiar , funny peculiar . .

I thought last week was a turning point. It was my first game in the second half we were getting pinned back for a good period so seen for myself what fans were going on about on this forum. Saturdays second half was just so unbelievable here it was happening again getting pinned back. We have the makings of a good team so it's bizarre . Will be there this Friday only because my hotel is paid for other wise would give it a miss. The Falkirk game knocked the guts out of me.

some proper saturday night posts to read through today

I wonder if this is one of the unintended consequences of the internet, people vent their spleens on a discussion board instead of rounding on those who really deserve, the board and the manager.

In day gone by we would have had a demonstration after the game by now, which actually may have had some effect

Its as clear as the nose on your face that Thompson isn't good for 90 minutes. He should have been hooked after an hour yesterday, or brought on as aa sub with half an hour to go.

The biggest issue for me is the team sitting too deep. There is no reason for that other than it being tactical or a lack of fitness. The fact that we tend to lapse into this approach later in games suggests that the players can't sustain the pressing game for 90 minutes. If this is the case, it is a damning indictment.

Murray needs to insist that the players push up, but I think Thompson tiring up front on his own doesn't help as we don't have an out ball to then build from the back. Goodwin also tired, and taking Agnew off (however ineffectual he might have been) left us to be overrun in the midfield.

Also worth remembering that for all he is a bit of a fud, Houston has been round the block, and at a decent level. Murray has to sharpen up, and soon.

Edited by Drew

some proper saturday night posts to read through today

I wonder if this is one of the unintended consequences of the internet, people vent their spleens on a discussion board instead of rounding on those who really deserve, the board and the manager.

In day gone by we would have had a demonstration after the game by now, which actually may have had some effect

Demonstration? You're at the wind-up, no?

Just looked at Agnew's twitter feed. He says he 'let the boys down' with the penalty, and it 'cost us the game'. Fair play for carrying he can, but I don't think he was entirely culpable. It was a stupid challenge, right enough. I reckon the game started to turn when McMullan had to be taken off.

I reckon the game started to turn when McMullan had to be taken off.

Did it even though we went 2-0 up after he went off. Certainly didn't help tho losing his threat.

Think More to do with our defence not handling lee Miller, poor refereeing, poor team performance 2nd half and only goody willing to put in a tackle in