Saints V Falkirk

st jock

he was on the train home from Dumfries

I'd say you were lacking a life if you turn on posters for being honest- it is not the fault of the Murray doubters that this team is rudderless and people shouldn't be abused for being unhappy with his offering

look you aswell as this other 'supporter' do nothing but criticise and complain about the team that they are supposed to support but when we win u go into hiding u cant wait to get stuck in to the team players managemet ect ect blah blah fukking boring now

aye we played shit lost the lead lost the game and yes your comments really help with an already sore head for fukk sake if yer no happy take up another hobby

It sickens me to think that loyal saints fans with decades of supporting the team are roundly abused on this forum for telling it the way they see it and telling it like it is

The problem with those types of fans is that they routinely confuse both of those things.

Having an opinion is one thing but don't delude yourself into thinking that you somehow hold the absolute truth in your hands.

BTW not nice being abused is it?

Now you know how the players feel.

Giving it out but not prepared to take it back? That makes you a gutless coward.

But we f**king didnt !

don't be too quick to join the depress crew ;) its a long season 6 games in out of 30 + long way to go i agree though that we def need to find out why we decide to sit when ahead and seem to struggle once again at home its very frustrating

It sickens me to think that loyal saints fans with decades of supporting the team are roundly abused on this forum for telling it the way they see it and telling it like it is

If people are unhappy with Murray and vent it on here it is because they are passionate and care about the club, it is NOT the fault of fans that the club is not delivering

The forum is littered with no-mark, no-guts cowards who round on those with a view

i aint no coward but the same pish spewed here time and time again gets on my goat

but if we win next week then theres no one here

seems the haters only appear when we lose

and i have no life

happy to help

I am genuinely wondering where we will finish.

Not knicker wetting - genuine concern, I think we will struggle as we have some good football players but not enough physical presence and often revert to long balls to thomo.

What's the point?

1st half we played decent football and were up 2-0. 2nd half we good bullied by them (and ref) and reverted to long balls which cost us possession

right now looks like 4th at best

im not prepared to give up yet after 6 games like some

ffs

First half was very enjoyable when we went in to the break 2-0 up. The game changing moment was the inept referee not sending Grant off for the horrible and blatant kick on Paul McMullan. McMullan going off injured changed the game as we then had no pace or proper width to open them up like we were previously doing.

The second half showing was just not acceptable, what was Agnew thinking about with that stupid challenge to give away the penalty. More worrying for me was Ian Murray once again setting the team up to basically shit fest another point at home.

Every man behind the ball at corners and set play situation. If this is the level of Murray's ambition and his chosen style of play then he's definitely not the right man for the job.

That was a absolute disgrace, Im still trying to work out Murrays system is 9 0 1 , I was really happy Murray got the job I would just as happy if he was sacked or he resigned, The guy Watson took a short term contract cos he thought he can play at a higher lever, What a joke he's out his depth in this league, Only Goodwin and Gallagher worked their socks off , Mallan drifts in and out of games, Tommo started well but then was more interested in fouling there centre half. Nothing to say about the midfield cos its non existent, Wont be bothering coming out the house on Friday v RRFC, Complete shambles,

i think we struggled when McMullan went off

If Thommos celebration last week was aimed at the Fans then he should spend the evening in front of a mirror giving himself dogs abuse.One of my fave ever Saints player but he was honking today.

Agreed.

We should be playing Gallagher and shank land up front.

Sadly Thommo is too old and slow now, and ball keeps getting lumped up to him , when we should keep the ball on the deck and play football.

Got bullied today, again

i will start to take notice after weve played each team atleast twice then the 'haters' can say told u so and i will duly say ok ok now calm down son and have a Bovril

until then

ffs get a grip lol

Edited by jama

how BRILLIANT you people are ( and im assuming you are all super rich) because you are all sooo good at relegating st.mirren or saying we wont finish in the top 4 (use to be top 6 last year) or that how basically crap we are....let me give you a few hints "NO MATTER WHAT AGE YOU ARE"

shit happens ( thats a given)

no team no matter who they are has the devine right to win

yes...under sooo much frustration...ST.Mirren lose sometimes

football is a game which (believe it or not) has 2 teams on the park....sometimes the other guys play better

please please please dont end up like sounding like the old aberdeen fans who won the league and won the cup winners cup

because they have for YEARS....think they should be at the top of the league ..that was years ago...and its only now (many years on) that they are coming to fruitition...

i am glad i am a saints fan forever and not a frustrated dons fan who thinks they should be elsewhere than they actually are

todays result...shit sure does happen..we have no control over it...it just happens

super saints...till i die...that is SOMETHING that will not change

I think we gave a poor Falkirk team a win today!

First off the foul on McMullan should have been a red card we should have had at least one more Goal by half time.

Player's were making runs and we were getting chances!

The second half was a disgrace no player's making runs we sat back and let Falkirk come at us the penalty was dubious From where I was sitting!

Again Ian Murrays subs were mind boggling why did he not put on Shankland?

No he put on a young boy not proven at any level in Scottish football who at best could say looked mediocre!

Taking off Aggy seemed a strange one when he went off what formation was Murray playing?

Yes I think the ref was poor made mistakes that cost us Goals!

But the Tactics and Approach to the second half was what cost us the game!

And last point to the wee Guy calling for Murrays head at the end of the game I think it's still to early for that just yet!

And I would urge you to stop spouting your pish 2 seasons ago you shouting sack Danny Lennon! How did that work out???

Honestly I don't want your opinion I moved seats this year so I didn't have to hear your pish can you not just buy football manager and give us all peace!

Playing Thompson up front on his own when we are at home quite simply isn't working. He should have been replaced by Shankland after an hour,and Gallagher should have been played alongside him. We are short of wide players and it showed today. Kelly is decent going forward but suspect in defence. He might be better suited to wing back, playing ahead of a back three in a 3-5-2.

look you aswell as this other 'supporter' do nothing but criticise and complain about the team that they are supposed to support but when we win u go into hiding u cant wait to get stuck in to the team players managemet ect ect blah blah fukking boring now

aye we played shit lost the lead lost the game and yes your comments really help with an already sore head for fukk sake if yer no happy take up another hobby

i was unable to go to dumfries but was quick to acclaim the victory. However if you want to make up wee stories then go ahead, maybe you can conjure up one where saints fans get value from their management and all of the players

Today, i have also said we have the players and did not "get stuck" into them. So you are either a liar or unable to process simple information

Well, that 2nd half performance was an utter disgrace. No fight, no desire to win the game, once they scored the second we played for a point. Not f**king acceptable at home.

Have to say I have no idea why he brought McGrath on when he did. Did he think we were cruising and would give a young boy some game time, or does he genuinely think he was the best option? Either way it was, in my opinion, a massive (worrying) error of judgement.

Baird and Watson were honking.

The referee didn't help but when are we going to come away from the game having not been bullied and out thought.

All so bloody depressing.

Murray, for me, continuing to show a worrying lack of ability to set teams up in this league. Falkirk were there for the taking today and we shat it.

I think we gave a poor Falkirk team a win today!

First off the foul on McMullan should have been a red card we should have had at least one more Goal by half time.

Player's were making runs and we were getting chances!

The second half was a disgrace no player's making runs we sat back and let Falkirk come at us the penalty was dubious From where I was sitting!

Again Ian Murrays subs were mind boggling why did he not put on Shankland?

No he put on a young boy not proven at any level in Scottish football who at best could say looked mediocre!

Taking off Aggy seemed a strange one when he went off what formation was Murray playing?

Yes I think the ref was poor made mistakes that cost us Goals!

But the Tactics and Approach to the second half was what cost us the game!

And last point to the wee Guy calling for Murrays head at the end of the game I think it's still to early for that just yet!

And I would urge you to stop spouting your pish 2 seasons ago you shouting sack Danny Lennon! How did that work out???

Honestly I don't want your opinion I moved seats this year so I didn't have to hear your pish can you not just buy football manager and give us all peace!

wish i could do that on here whistling.gif

Well on the plus side we were looking for goals and excitement at home, we got them both.....after the first half we all probably wanted a dull shitfest of a second half and to see it out, but you did feel if we sat off they had goals in them.

We did play well in parts of the game but Houston won the tactical battle in the 2nd half and we got it wrong, Miller gave them a focal point with lots of runners off him causing us all sorts of problems and thought he gave our defence and Baird in particular a torrid time.

As others have said lumping it up to Thommo 2nd half didn't work and just invited them on to us, not sure he has it in him but Murray needs to learn to adapt and be more positive when we're ahead.

Agnew offers very little for me and certainly can't play centre midfield with Mallan playing as well, who is simply better than him. Gallagher with his pace seems wasted at left midfield but what do I know, thought he had a decent game going forward but like McMullan probably leaves us exposed.

Anyway onwards and upwards, beer time....