Saints V Falkirk

st jock

Murray lost that game today. Bizarre substitution in the first half then couldn't react to the switch Falkirk made at half time. And what is it with having everyone back at corners? That just invites pressure. It's not difficult to work out!

Same as the last home game. There is a real fear factor creeping in.

I am genuinely wondering where we will finish.

Not knicker wetting - genuine concern, I think we will struggle as we have some good football players but not enough physical presence and often revert to long balls to thomo.

What's the point?

1st half we played decent football and were up 2-0. 2nd half we good bullied by them (and ref) and reverted to long balls which cost us possession

a big problem for us, the team needs to have 11 men who are physically capable of 90 odd minutes of sheer graft in every game and who will come in and support each other

One up is OK if you have the legs and the rest of the side know how to come in and punish the opposition

Once again we go 2-0 up and we see them same abysmal tactics employed by our 'management team' but this week they don't get away with it. Come on to f**k we were out thought and well beaten by a team managed by Peter Houston how f**king low do we have to go before action is taken?

Edited by simondsmfc

We threw away a two goal lead . .

Our game dropped a bit and we lost a wee bit of momentum when wee McMullan got crippled just outside their box . Their player got shown a yellow card which was clearly a red card offence . .

The standard of refereeing quickly descended from the sublime to the ridiculous . Words that come to mind to describe the ref' are a disgrace and a nonsense , truly shocking . .oh aye , and not forgetting a useless c**t . .

We have improved a lot since the start of the season but Houston obviously gave his players a cunting at halftime and they came out and lifted their intent . They were allowed to control the game and then it was only a matter of time until they clawed some goals back . .

First half was very enjoyable when we went in to the break 2-0 up. The game changing moment was the inept referee not sending Grant off for the horrible and blatant kick on Paul McMullan. McMullan going off injured changed the game as we then had no pace or proper width to open them up like we were previously doing.

The second half showing was just not acceptable, what was Agnew thinking about with that stupid challenge to give away the penalty. More worrying for me was Ian Murray once again setting the team up to basically shit fest another point at home.

Every man behind the ball at corners and set play situation. If this is the level of Murray's ambition and his chosen style of play then he's definitely not the right man for the job.

That was a absolute disgrace, Im still trying to work out Murrays system is 9 0 1 , I was really happy Murray got the job I would just as happy if he was sacked or he resigned, The guy Watson took a short term contract cos he thought he can play at a higher lever, What a joke he's out his depth in this league, Only Goodwin and Gallagher worked their socks off , Mallan drifts in and out of games, Tommo started well but then was more interested in fouling there centre half. Nothing to say about the midfield cos its non existent, Wont be bothering coming out the house on Friday v RRFC, Complete shambles,

If this continues he will be under pressure. The championship isn't a brilliant league and our squad is better than Falkirk. Managers win games and Houston horses murray today tactics wise. Also could the board just appoint a late 50s manager like Houston who knows how to win football matches? Instead of appointing the next cheap bright young manager from the lower leagues. Anyone who has been appointed by Gilmour has been young and that's fine but none have left the club and went higher in the game. Murray looks tactically naive and that amazes me cause he was mental to be a championship guru

Who appointed that c**t TC. .blink.png

McMullan having to go off was the game changer IMHO. After that we effectively played with 10 men. Ref was a friggin joke but we cannot blame him for the defeat but he was horrendous. Shankland held the ball up well when he came on and should have been on sooner as a sub for the sub. But we should have had that game sown up in the first half,

Edited by Sonny

Busy thread tonight, welcome back to the posters who only post when we lose.

And another thing, McGraith. Nope. Back to the u20's young man you're not nearly ready.

That was a crazy substitution. I assumed Morgan was going on and it wasn't until the number went up I realised it wasn't. between that and not doing anything to try to stem the tide in the second half if it was pretty poor stuff.

That was a crazy substitution. I assumed Morgan was going on and it wasn't until the number went up I realised it wasn't. between that and not doing anything to try to stem the tide in the second half if it was pretty poor stuff.

I though Morgan or Howieson. Maybe even Shankland and go two up top. Utterly bizarre.

Don't want to give the lad a hard time, but he's not ready for first team football. Not a game like that anyway.

Referee was shocking, but he didn't throw the game away, Saints did.

Why we are inviting teams onto us and giving them acres of space is absolutely beyond me. How f**king hard is it to press teams and close them down.

Edited by Drew

Just shocking. We have a team, and I've said before, look like they're big lumps with no pace. No imagination and little skill or thought. Losing mcmullan was huge. Cause he's the one player we have that actually affrects a game. Remove him, and we're less than ordinary. I see no improvement and no discipline. There's little fight, organisation or anything positive currently. I said to my son at 2-0 that I still thought falkirk were playing well and not out of this..Just very poor all over..thing us, Murray will get time cause the board know they made an arse of it with Craig and Teale..long season ahead and if my son loses interest, ill not be throwing my money at that..What is our clubs aspirations .I love to know!!

First half was very enjoyable when we went in to the break 2-0 up. The game changing moment was the inept referee not sending Grant off for the horrible and blatant kick on Paul McMullan. McMullan going off injured changed the game as we then had no pace or proper width to open them up like we were previously doing.

The second half showing was just not acceptable, what was Agnew thinking about with that stupid challenge to give away the penalty. More worrying for me was Ian Murray once again setting the team up to basically shit fest another point at home.

Every man behind the ball at corners and set play situation. If this is the level of Murray's ambition and his chosen style of play then he's definitely not the right man for the job.

Couldn't agree more . Grant committed a professional foul on one of best players and basically got away with it because the ref was clearly an incompetent fukwit . One wonders if Grant was told to "tactically deal with " McMullan , if he was it , certainly worked for them. .

Hope Murray rips into the ref cos he was a disgrace like the 2nd half performance.

They should of been down to 9 men and he has to be the most inconsistent ref I've seen.

The thommo and Gallagher booking were a joke. Tiawo made a clear dive the ref told him to get up but no booking.

Hope we can play a game at home this season without giving away a piss poor pen everygame.

Agnew seems a one trick pony only got a decent shot on him too lightweight for centre mid.

Just shocking. We have a team, and I've said before, look like they're big lumps with no pace. No imagination and little skill or thought. Losing mcmullan was huge. Cause he's the one player we have that actually affrects a game. Remove him, and we're less than ordinary. I see no improvement and no discipline. There's little fight, organisation or anything positive currently. I said to my son at 2-0 that I still thought falkirk were playing well and not out of this..Just very poor all over..thing us, Murray will get time cause the board know they made an arse of it with Craig and Teale..long season ahead and if my son loses interest, ill not be throwing my money at that..What is our clubs aspirations .I love to know!!

Gallagher has pace to burn. Not sure that he should be playing wide, though.

Murray could have changed things in the second half but did nothing to give us an out up front and try and keep possession in their half instead he sent aimless punt after aimless punt. The ball came back time after time and our defence which looked organised and in control in the first half were all over the place. Lee Miller changed the game for them while we lost our best player, McMullan, who was replaced by a lad that looks quite a while away from being anywhere near ready for first team.

Their goalkeeper was honking but did we work him at any point? Nope. Flapped at opening goal and was barely tested after that.

Another inpept showing from Murray. Not convinced he can or will turn a decent squad into top 4 challengers.

Murray just appears a hopeless manager on the games I have seen. Tactically outwitted by just about every manager he has come up against.

2-0 and we f**ked it up.....

First half we strolled the game against a very poor looking Falkirk team. We could've and probably should've scored 1 or 2 more.

Second half, Falkirk came out all guns blazing and we simply froze. Ian Murray again with a very strange substitution, taking off Aggy and bringing on a striker. We were getting over run in the midfield, fair enough we want to win the game but imo that cost us a point. Very disappointing, quite frankly not good enough.

2-0 and we f**ked it up.....

First half we strolled the game against a very poor looking Falkirk team. We could've and probably should've scored 1 or 2 more.

Second half, Falkirk came out all guns blazing and we simply froze. Ian Murray again with a very strange substitution, taking off Aggy and bringing on a striker. We were getting over run in the midfield, fair enough we want to win the game but imo that cost us a point. Very disappointing, quite frankly not good enough.

aggy is a ghost in midfield he's too like mallan but mallan is far better. The worst sub was McGrath the boy isn't ready.