Goal Celebrations

munoz

For me , it was Thompson's goal at the Semi-final . It was fantastic for so many reasons ; it gave us a two goal advantage , it was a wonderful effort , scored by a Saint Mirren fan and it was against them. You could see the tears in his eyes as he was gripped by the emotion of sending his beloved Saints into the Final. .

The game is still my favourite St Mirren game , ever. .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/21224969

Edited by saintnextlifetime

For me , it was Thompson's goal at the Semi-final . It was fantastic for so many reasons ; it gave us a two goal advantage , it was a wonderful effort , scored by a Saint Mirren fan and it was against them. You could see the tears in his eyes as he was gripped by the emotion of sending his beloved Saints into the Final. .

The game is still my favourite St Mirren game , ever. .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/21224969

It's def right up there for me also, the cup final was so huge aswell especially when we were so poor and could have been 3 down before we dominated and all goals in semi and final were classics, not seen many cup runs like that with great goals

Edited by jama

John Sutton in the 3-2 Motherwell game to keep us up.

Junior v Raith and McKnight v Ayr in the Championship winning season were both pretty good.

yes i remember the McKnight goal well wasn't it the 90th min or something like that but yes suttons goal still gives me goosebumps

Mark McWalter scoring a thunderbolt half volley against Rangers. It was at the away end and instead of turning and running to the Nortbank he ran towards the thousands of stunned bigots blowing kisses to them. Think we ended up getting beat 2-1?, but still one of my favourite Saints goals.

All the ones mentioned so far are magic too.

The one I remember isn't from a player, it's from a supporter. The 1-4 win at Tannadice... Archie MacPherson's "Ooh that's a honey of a goal!" commentary. Think it was after the actual 'honey of a goal' itself - all you can see is Santaponsa Saint charging down the steps at a hundred miles an hour, fists clenched, face beaming....

Just one of those things that has stuck with me. Like the bloke on the STV commentary of the 6-2 Hearts win in 1985.... "Bring on the dancing girls!!"...

Player celebrations? Jose Quitongo swinging on a stanchion?

Player celebrations? Jose Quitongo swinging on a stanchion?

That was brilliant that day. Last minute equaliser at Arbroath. He ran to the crowd who in turn ran onto the park to meet him and his only escape from about 20 fans going off their heads was to climb the stanchion. The fans tried to shake him down and he was clinging on for dear life. :lol: