Six Years (And One Week)!

Bud the Baker

Ffs , hardly gripping news is it !! There is currently a world-wide fuel shortage in Cardonald and you are starting threads like this . . Moses wept. .

Perhaps, on the other hand it may help the consortium to focus that the days when £2M seemed a possibility are long gone and that they ought to be considering what is realistically achievable now.

If we're going to end up buying Ken McGeoch, and he has as much right to get his money back as the Consortium, and eventually GLS's shares then I'd say a fiver a share is top whack.

What is the point to this thread? all I can derive from it, is that it so far has been 6years since the club was put up for sale and it still has not sold, all of which most if not all St.Mirren supporters are acutely aware of. You may vey well know something different in posting this, but as I implied at the start of my post I cannot see the point to your thread.

I also think LP is giving an opinion whereby the board are being asked to just give away all the monies they have invested in the club to date in order they do not accumulate any further debt in return for nothing, something that is beyond comprehension.

Edited by stripey

What is the point to this thread? all I can derive from it, is that it so far has been 6years since the club was put up for sale and it still has not sold, all of which most if not all St.Mirren supporters are acutely aware of. You may vey well know something different in posting this, but as I implied at the start of my post I cannot see the point to your thread.

I also think LP is giving an opinion whereby the board are being asked to just give away all the monies they have invested in the club to date in order they do not accumulate any further debt in return for nothing, something that is beyond comprehension.

like it.. so pray tell what "monies" do the selling consortium still have invested in the club, that they have not already drawn back down through various means?

I just love being able to send this question BACK AT YA!

I presume monies they have put in to keep and continue to keep the club running day to day. That along with money they invested getting architect plans drawn up and, planning applications that would have to be submitted to Renfrewshire Council for the training ground at Ralston, Income tax, VAT. The money they invested in getting car parking approval for nearby Glasgow International Airport.

I presume monies they have put in to keep and continue to keep the club running day to day. That along with money they invested getting architect plans drawn up and, planning applications that would have to be submitted to Renfrewshire Council for the training ground at Ralston, Income tax, VAT. The money they invested in getting car parking approval for nearby Glasgow International Airport.

are you saying they havent already drawn out the equivalent sums invested through various means?

They formed a company called Camscott to fund the ground move, including planning applications, and were repaid when the old stadium was sold to Tesco which also funded the training ground. I would be surprised if they spent any of their own money getting car parking approval but either way it will come to light when the next Shareholders Report is published.

It might just me being anally retentive - however I would bet a pound to a penny that each of the members of the consortium knew it was the sixth anniversary of the announcement of their desire to sell their portion of the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Belter of a track

https://youtu.be/-b3XTj5G_SA

Could equally apply to Ian Murray as this season heads downhill faster than Franz Klammer (Olympic champion skier for younger viewers)

Indeed , how long do we give a guy who seems bereft of tactics . .

Getting the first half right is great but as we all know , it is a game of two halves . Was Saturday just a mere blip on an otherwise upwards trajectory .

Who knows. .

. .tune in this evening to find out , in the next exciting episode of Paisley ST Mirren FC . .

• 1 month later...

Right, so, 98,000 share block available.

No acceptable offer has ever been made

No workable model to guarantee funding a pay off has been agreed

No propsect of any sale , other than another attempt at a buy out model ? What term , up front or what

Now correct me if I'm wrong here ( more than lilkely ) but the selling consortium have never been in a postion where they have:

1) had an acceptable offer tabled

2) Been in the position to beleive a buy out plan over a few years was viable ?

This is horrendous.

What value is this 52% shareholding at presently

Maybe I dont blame Gilmour for not having sold

Edited by Seaside Nipper

Right, so, 98,000 share block available.

No acceptable offer has ever been made

No workable model to guarantee funding a pay off has been agreed

No propsect of any sale , other than another attempt at a buy out model ? What term , up front or what

Now correct me if I'm wrong here ( more than lilkely ) but the selling consortium have never been in a postion where they have:

1) had an acceptable offer tabled

2) Been in the position to beleive a buy out plan over a few years was viable ?

This is horrendous.

What value is this 52% shareholding at presently

Maybe I dont blame Gilmour for not having sold

Like anything for sale.... Its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and presently what you would be paying for is 52% of a loss making, second-tier scottish football club.... Can't imagine why no one has met their asking price yet?

Like anything for sale.... Its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and presently what you would be paying for is 52% of a loss making, second-tier scottish football club.... Can't imagine why no one has met their asking price yet?

No one made an acceptable offer when we were a top flight side with a national cup in the trophy cabinet. What's the answer and the way forward ?

Like anything for sale... It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and what the seller is willing to sell it for.

As has been said, as recently as 2 years ago the club had just won its first major title for a generation and had matched its highest league position for a generation.

Yet still no one was interested.

Like anything for sale... It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and what the seller is willing to sell it for.

As has been said, as recently as 2 years ago the club had just won its first major title for a generation and had matched its highest league position for a generation.

Yet still no one was interested.

At The asking price!