£22 For The Hibs Game ?!?!

Its no going to work Shull ,there is no way they will cut admission prices you need to organise a mass protest ,you can call it "The Tight Fisted Front" ( I know there is another word that sounds similar to front) and march on the SPFL offices.

I like that, but...

The Tight Fisted NO!

...might be better.

TTFN was an old wireless show and TTFN stood for - ta ta for now - which would echo your threat to not go back, till sense was seen by the clubs that are milking the fans dry.

Off topic....

I just clicked the link on this page advertising All Saints fashion collection.

Good looking clothing, but two points...

A. T-shirts cost £40-45. :o

And they are ok, just.... ok.

B. Whoever was the designer has a really dull palette. It's ALL browns, greys, black, shitty colours. I have noticed that for a couple of years in the Malls. Menswear is really, really dull. All of it. Nothing wrong with those colours but you have no choice these days. Everyone has to look the same.

It ALMOST makes me think that Hippies had the right idea.... In the olden days... :rolleyes:

Ps every time you click through, div makes a few cents so that this fine facility remains free for you!

I like that, but...

The Tight Fisted NO!

...might be better.

TTFN was an old wireless show and TTFN stood for - ta ta for now - which would echo your threat to not go back, till sense was seen by the clubs that are milking the fans dry.

If we are going to get Shull to organise the uprising , i was thinking a good name for the organisation would be.

Tight Wads Against Ticketing Scam.

Got a ring to it.

I actually think the prices are too low.

If you want to attract better players, improve facilities and drive up standards then it costs money.

I'd say £30 a ticket would be fair with concessions for pensioners. They should pay even more.

Great idea, let's add £10 to the ticket price and watch as gates fall dramatically as more people simply cannot afford to pay or justify that amount. £30 for an EPL games is too much and do you honestly think an increase will bring in better players when English non league teams offer more in annual salaries?

16 pounds is far too expensive also.

Tenner at the very most, although a fiver would be nearer the mark considering the shite that is mostly served up.

Outrageous salaries for those with very limited ball skills disnae help.

Whit aboot Part Time wages for all?

Our club wouldn't be able to survive on a tenner a skull per game, its just sadly the way it is Shull, but I do agree with you that the club haven't budged much from last season on prices. This is why a playoff position is the very minimum this season, if we are still charging premier league prices for fans to come out in their numbers.

I am in complete agreement with Shull on this one. £20 entry for this standard of football is outrageous. If saints cannot budget on anything less, then thats their business but I an definitely NOT going to fork out this amount for the rubbish on view.

There is only one way to get rid of this overcharging, its to vote with your feet.

Incidentally, I can afford to pay £20 but point blank refuse to be fleeced.As for Hibernian and Rangers charging even more........I wont be darkening their doorsteps either.

It is all the Clubs to blame.

Unfortunately the fans, in general, are hopelessly devoted to their Team and will pay up no matter the cost.

That's a total cop out. If prices are too high vote with your feet.

I agree with you that it's too expensive but meekly shuffling along and opening your wallet every week is ensuring the problem never gets fixed.

You need to do what you can control.

I actually think the prices are too low.

If you want to attract better players, improve facilities and drive up standards then it costs money.

I'd say £30 a ticket would be fair with concessions for pensioners. They should pay even more.

That's more like the Andy I knew and loved.

Ticket Prices at Easter Road

Adult – £22

Over 65 – £12

Full-Time Student* – £12

Under 18 – £12

2 season ago I took my son to his first away game, and said his friend could come aswel.

Next 2 away games were Hibs and St.Johnstone, with Hibs looking for 24 quid entrance for two 9 year olds, while the more forward thinking club had free entrance for under 12's.

Perth it was then, although we got pumped and didn't have a shot at goal until injury time !

I suggested it years ago, the club should, in response to the wishes of the support set up our admission pricing policy "It's only Buddy Fair".

that policy being we charge no more for general admission to an unrestricted view seat than the lowest price charged in our league.

If another club (Hibs) charge more than that, then that higher fee is what we charge their support when visiting SMP.

it would get loads of publicity, great PR, and would be supported by most football fans in the country leading to national common sense admission fees.

but hey what do i know?

Edited by Lord Pityme

Don't go then,football here is way overpriced,it shouldn't be anymore than £10 adult £5 or free for kids under 16.

Just ask Faraway these were the prices the last home game he attended

I asked Farazo he said that you're talking mince. Edited by Kendo

I suggested it years ago, the club should, in response to the wishes of the support set up our admission pricing policy "It's only Buddy Fair".

that policy being we charge no more for general admission to an unrestricted view seat than the lowest price charged in our league.

If another club (Hibs) charge more than that, then that higher fee is what we charge their support when visiting SMP.

it would get loads of publicity, great PR, and would be supported by most football fans in the country leading to national common sense admission fees.

but hey what do i know?

Very little about running a business IMO.

A customer is a customer regardless of what colour of scarf he wears.

To punish one customer because another business is ripping you off is unbelievably f**king stupid.

Unless of course you simply want to make as little money as possible.

Thank god you don't run our club.

Very little about running a business IMO.

A customer is a customer regardless of what colour of scarf he wears.

To punish one customer because another business is ripping you off is unbelievably f**king stupid.

Unless of course you simply want to make as little money as possible.

Thank god you don't run our club.

Well your opinion is poor, unfounded and without base.

I have run a number of successful businesses, and what the customer wants is value for money, and to feel wanted by the service provider.

if we set our pricing structure as I suggest "Its Only Buddy Fair" then our own support would be on board with it and supportive we had the best value for money gate prices in the league. Visiting fans would feel the same, including those whose clubs charged them and us more for the priviledge of attending games at their stadia. They would lobby their own club to follow suit.

In short the people want it. they are fed up being overcharged for football, but especially here in scotland where it is an obvious insult to faithful supporters.

If you believe getting ripped off means me charging you, the same as you charge me..? then Einstein... charge me less.

What is 'value for money' at fitba'? My own 'moral compass' thinks in Fizzy Pop Irn Bru Division 1 it should be no more than £18 for an adult ticket. If I paid £18 to watch St Mirren at, let's say Falkirk - and we won 3-0... Would have been worth every penny. Play shit, lose 2-0 to the Bairns and it's a complete waste of money which could have been better spent on a nice takeaway curry and a beer.

Some folk might think £18 is a rip off. Some might think it should be £10. Some fuds might suggest everyone should be part time earning 50p a week, and players nip down the pit to supplement their earnings at the coal face and we'd all be happy. Not naming names. Cough, ahem.

Edited by pozbaird