£22 For The Hibs Game ?!?!

That's all well and good wdwb but Bradford get far more cash through Sky etc. than any club in Scotland never mind the Scottish Championship.

Our clubs need the footfall and the price reflects the need for funds.

That's all well and good wdwb but Bradford get far more cash through Sky etc. than any club in Scotland never mind the Scottish Championship.

Our clubs need the footfall and the price reflects the need for funds.

I appreciate your comments , I was just highlighting it is possible to have pricing initiatives relative to 'your own' financial situation.

I think there is room for manoeuvre in Scottish football with regards to pricing.

Edited by whydowebother

I suggested it years ago, the club should, in response to the wishes of the support set up our admission pricing policy "It's only Buddy Fair".

that policy being we charge no more for general admission to an unrestricted view seat than the lowest price charged in our league.

If another club (Hibs) charge more than that, then that higher fee is what we charge their support when visiting SMP.

it would get loads of publicity, great PR, and would be supported by most football fans in the country leading to national common sense admission fees.

but hey what do i know?

I like this but unfortunately it would never work as the SPFL rules dictate that we cannot charge home and away fans different amounts for the same view at the same match. Would we want to penalise our pay at the gate fans for some clubs having inflated prices?

I like this but unfortunately it would never work as the SPFL rules dictate that we cannot charge home and away fans different amounts for the same view at the same match. Would we want to penalise our pay at the gate fans for some clubs having inflated prices?

did we not try that a few years ago V Celtic?

EVERYONE (home & away) paid £25, but EVERYONE (home & away) got a voucher for £15 / £5 off admission to the next game? (St J or similar)

but we wouldnt be charging them more, it would be the away clubs decision to make their fans pay more than our own. the difference could be donated to charity.

Down here, Newcastle have a reciprocal ticketing arrangement with certain clubs, where both sets of away fans are charged the same, pre-arranged amount. Eg all away fans will be charged £25 when Newcastle play west ham this season and the its the same arrangement v Watford. Still not cheap but more sensible than the extortionate £50ish that the 'big' clubs charge, Chelsea and Liverpool to name but two.