Sign in to follow this  
cockles1987

Tories Shown Their Real Colours

Following the horrendous comments from IDS, how can that man still be in a job.

Undefendable.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/603881/disability-benefits-cuts-Iain-Duncan-Smith-IDS-prejudice-people-normal

To quote,

The implication that anyone with a disability is somehow abnormal sparked fury and accused of "shocking" prejudice.

The controversial work and pensions secretary was savaged for the remarks, which critics said were demeaning to disabled people and implied they were somehow abnormal.

Furious disability campaigners today called on the Tory cabinet minister to apologise after branding his comments "offensive, hurtful and ignorant".

He made the gaffe during a Commons speech defending the Government's record on getting more people with a disability into work.

Undefendable.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/603881/disability-benefits-cuts-Iain-Duncan-Smith-IDS-prejudice-people-normal

To quote,

The implication that anyone with a disability is somehow abnormal sparked fury and accused of "shocking" prejudice.

The controversial work and pensions secretary was savaged for the remarks, which critics said were demeaning to disabled people and implied they were somehow abnormal.

Furious disability campaigners today called on the Tory cabinet minister to apologise after branding his comments "offensive, hurtful and ignorant".

He made the gaffe during a Commons speech defending the Government's record on getting more people with a disability into work.

You are right, his gaffe was indefensible.

However once again you and your left wing friends jump all over a single word when the policy is clearly ethical, right and is succeeding. It is quite right that people with disabilities receive exactly the same level of assistance as everyone else when returning to work. To demand that we treat those with disabilities any differently from everyone else is to indeed make them somehow "abnormal".

Edited by Stuart Dickson

You are right, his gaffe was indefensible.

However once again you and your left wing friends jump all over a single word when the policy is clearly ethical, right and is succeeding. It is quite right that people with disabilities receive exactly the same level of assistance as everyone else when returning to work. To demand that we treat those with disabilities any differently from everyone else is to indeed make them somehow "abnormal".

That explains why in 2012/13 benefits were cut from 2380 people who were deemed fit to work only to be dead within 6weeks.

No wonder he fought for a year to hide these figures. I dread to think what the recent figures are after we've had to endure more cuts that weren't pledged/vow/promised.

Oh oh oh, care to answer the questions your dodging on every other thread after you get found out lying or making bigoted comments.

That will be me back on his ignore list :/

Edited by cockles1987

Undefendable.

To quote,

It was a stupid fox's paw and no worse than that. I'm no great admirer of IDS but I'm sure he feels like shit. Leaping on this is very Dicksonesque in the way he lights on anything the SNP muck up. They do give him opportunities at times.

Perhaps they do, but IDS is one of the most odious individuals out there and the more we highlight the atrocity of his thinking the better for everyone. That's the kind of individual voting Conservative/Unionist gets you and sums up, in a nutshell, why I have been voting to leave the UK since 1979.

It was a stupid fox's paw and no worse than that. I'm no great admirer of IDS but I'm sure he feels like shit. Leaping on this is very Dicksonesque in the way he lights on anything the SNP muck up. They do give him opportunities at times.

I don't agree with that it was only a F P, this is a government minister of the UK.

Well not for very much longer ;)

I've never touched him, but I'm sure you're right. If he looks, acts and smells like shit then there is a big chance he feels like shit too.

Maybe we should refer to him as Iain Bunkum Smith- or IBS for short. It seems very apt, in the circumstances.

Normal, as defined by the Oxford English dictionary.

(Of a person) free from physical or mental disorders:until her accident Louise had been a perfectly normal little girl many previously normal people exhibit psychotic symptoms after a few nights without sleep

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/normal

Edited by Reynard

(Of a person) free from physical or mental disorders:until her accident Louise had been a perfectly normal little girl many previously normal people exhibit psychotic symptoms after a few nights without sleep

Not a definition but an example of it's use as an adjective, I'm afraid.

Not a definition but an example of it's use as an adjective, I'm afraid.

Either way. Its exactly how evil Tooaarreee IDS used it.

You can drive your outrage bus and park it somewhere else now. Off you trot.

Whilst Nicola doesn't want one right now, I'm sure she does eventually. As for Cameron, he can fùck off if he thinks he can stop it.

So, lucky after all, I guess.

Either way. Its exactly how evil Tooaarreee IDS used it.

You can drive your outrage bus and park it somewhere else now. Off you trot.

I'm not outraged by IBS not knowing how to speak sensibly and cohesively. I am offended about that stat stating thousands have died from medical conditions after being declared fit for work only 6 weeks earlier under rules he has overseen. I'm assuming you are OK with that fact.

Maybe i need to explain that more clearly to someone who can't tell an example from a definition

Edited by beyond our ken

I'm not outraged by IBS not knowing how to speak sensibly and cohesively. I am offended about that stat stating thousands have died from medical conditions after being declared fit for work only 6 weeks earlier under rules he has overseen. I'm assuming you are OK with that fact.

Maybe i need to explain that more clearly to someone who can't tell an example from a definition

Can you tell me what these people actually died of? And how does the number compare with the % of people actually in work who die every year?

Whilst Nicola doesn't want one right now, I'm sure she does eventually. As for Cameron, he can fùck off if he thinks he can stop it.

So, lucky after all, I guess.

Only Parliament can transfer the power to the devolved institution to give you a legal one.

You could hold a referendum every thursday if you like but without the UK parliament making it legally binding you'd be better off cutting your grass really.

I'm sure Nicola does want it eventually. Maybe. Possibly.

You'll certainly be the last to know. And remember, it wont be your decision. It will be hers. And ultimately the PM of the day, which is likely to be a Tory one for the forseeable future. Unlucky.

I'm not bothered. It doesnt affect me.

If Stephen Hawking can manage to work for a living them I'm sure some of the scheme goblins with a slight limp can manage too.

Thich?

The typo police are out in force! :1eye

anyway, don't be so harsh on yourself

You couldn't make it up, could you? I genuinely laughed out loud at that.