Sign in to follow this  
cockles1987

Tories Shown Their Real Colours

Only Parliament can transfer the power to the devolved institution to give you a legal one.

You could hold a referendum every thursday if you like but without the UK parliament making it legally binding you'd be better off cutting your grass really.

I'm sure Nicola does want it eventually. Maybe. Possibly.

You'll certainly be the last to know. And remember, it wont be your decision. It will be hers. And ultimately the PM of the day, which is likely to be a Tory one for the forseeable future. Unlucky.

I think I said as much about Sturgeon, why are you repeating what I said as if it's new?

It would be....interesting....if the Tory (or Labour) PM of the day was to attempt to prevent a referendum if it was in a manifesto which the majority voted for. Or even if it was in a manifesto published by an elected government without a majority of votes but with a majority in government. That would be lucky.

I'm not bothered. It doesnt affect me.

If Stephen Hawking can manage to work for a living them I'm sure some of the scheme goblins with a slight limp can manage too.

How would Stephen have fared work-wise, do you think, if he was of average intelligence and suffering from his disease?

Only Parliament can transfer the power to the devolved institution to give you a legal one.

You could hold a referendum every thursday if you like but without the UK parliament making it legally binding you'd be better off cutting your grass really.

I'm sure Nicola does want it eventually. Maybe. Possibly.

You'll certainly be the last to know. And remember, it wont be your decision. It will be hers. And ultimately the PM of the day, which is likely to be a Tory one for the forseeable future. Unlucky.

Your right (and you're correct), it will be a Tory PM for the foreseeable future. Especially since the foreseeable future, as far as UK PMs go, is this Parliament. For all you know the PM and the whole cabinet could be outed in 2 years time as the leaders of a paedo ring, or the UK could be invaded by Malta (or maybe the staff of an Isle of Man chip shop) with Farage installed as the head of a puppet government, or some spotty 12 year old computer genius could crash all of the world's financial systems and fire off nukes causing the planet to turn into a Mad Max movie - and all from his daddy's garden shed, or ...

How would Stephen have fared work-wise, do you think, if he was of average intelligence and suffering from his disease?

Well, he wouldn't be able to afford 24 hour care for a start - but that would be OK since ATOS would have told him he didn't need it and to get off his fat arse as he was just a lazy benefits scrounger.

I think I said as much about Sturgeon, why are you repeating what I said as if it's new?

It would be....interesting....if the Tory (or Labour) PM of the day was to attempt to prevent a referendum if it was in a manifesto which the majority voted for. Or even if it was in a manifesto published by an elected government without a majority of votes but with a majority in government. That would be lucky.

Sturgeon definitely won't put a referendum in their manifesto for 2016. She'd be shit scared if a referendum vote went her way. With the whisky industry exports falling rapidly - by 7% over the last 12 months - and the oil price so low that experts say North Sea Oil is no longer viable there's absolutely no way an Independent Scotland could survive without massive handouts from elsewhere.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

So you can read minds now too? Your talents really are bottomless, aren't they.

Yes, we know, you've told us this many, many, times before, and we all know how good you are with sums. Isn't it strange that no-one listens?

Here's a thought, save yourself a bit of time in future and just type "SNP Bad" in your posts, they all boil down to that anyway.

Moi

Sturgeon definitely won't put a referendum in their manifesto for 2016. She'd be shit scared if a referendum vote went her way. With the whisky industry exports falling rapidly - by 7% over the last 12 months - and the oil price so low that experts say North Sea Oil is no longer viable there's absolutely no way an Independent Scotland could survive without massive handouts from elsewhere.

Have you learnt nothing about stating figures.

I've checked your whisky stats.

Guess what folks, well you's don't have to guess. The figures for the last 12 months don't show a 7% drop over the last 12 months.

I await his response that they were and him not being able to provide any proof or evidence that they have dropped 7% over the last 12 months.

But did you's know that since the SNP has been in government at Holyrood that the export figures of whisky has risen by only £1.5bn that's a partly rise of 60% according to the latest figures published. Not the imaginary last 12 month ones.

Bad SNP promoting our whisky industry so responsibly well abroad.

Yes, we know, you've told us this many, many, times before, and we all know how good you are with sums. Isn't it strange that no-one listens?

FFS!

There's a shoal of you listening, chasing the hook, being desperate to be the first to bite!

He's playing with you all, though it's so easy I don't know what pleasure he can take from it.

Ignore: there's an idea.

FFS!

There's a shoal of you listening, chasing the hook, being desperate to be the first to bite!

He's playing with you all, though it's so easy I don't know what pleasure he can take from it.

Oh . .

Are you saying that , if everyone ignores him . .

He will disappear . .

Here's a thought, save yourself a bit of time in future and just type "SNP Bad" in your posts, they all boil down to that anyway.

You don't actually name who you are replying to but I can guess. You say no-one listens but you seem to respond to virtually everything he says. But for my phone I wouldn't see a word he prints.

'SNP Bad'. Not bad, but certainly naive. But then if you want independence come hell or high water you can't acknowledge that. Unless you're Oaky who at least had the balls to admit he would take it even if the people of Scotland would end up worse off. Which they would.

As did I before, Rick, I've been a supporter of independence for a long, long, time, even in the certain knowledge that it will cost me more. For me, personally, it's a small price to pay for the society I believe we'd get.

And I try not to quote him to save the people who have him on ignore having to read the shite he spouts.

Edited by salmonbuddie

FFS!

Who's playing with who, though, that's the question. I find myself up at all sorts of hours in the morning so I indulge myself to see what ludicrousness he'll come up with next. It amuses me.

And the ignore function doesn't work on the phone app. Ffs, Div, get it sorted!

:)

As did I before, Rick, I've been a supporter of independence for a long, long, time, even in the certain knowledge that it will cost me more. For me, personally, it's a small price to pay for the society I believe we'd get.

And I try not to quote him to save the people who have him on ignore having to read the shite he spouts.

Genuinely glad to read that, S/buddie, because I've always regarded you as one of the many good guys on the forum and it didn't seem like you to simply accept the SNP's prognosis. I felt though, that too many on here swallowed all the SNP's propaganda ( there was plenty too from those who voted 'no') about everything in a post-independent Scotland having it all sunshine and roses. I appreciate that the SNP had to gild the lily because I honestly don't believe that over 50% of the Scottish electorate want independence simply to enjoy a feelgood factor. They would want reassurances about genuine benefits that can't realistically be given.

And that's my point as well.

The truth is that in the short term I believe there would be difficulties but in the long term I can't see a downside to full independence.

too many on here swallowed all the SNP's propaganda ( there was plenty too from those who voted 'no') about everything in a post-independent Scotland having it all sunshine and roses.

And with respect far too many people who voted No simply believed that this is what the SNP were saying without realising the only people saying this were the BT parties.

At no point did the SNP or any SNP supporter make that claim.

You are welcome to prove it of course and watch me swallow my words.

And with respect far too many people who voted No simply believed that this is what the SNP were saying without realising the only people saying this were the BT parties.

At no point did the SNP or any SNP supporter make that claim.

You are welcome to prove it of course and watch me swallow my words.

I believe that the weather would be better in an independent Scotland and we would all be rich and we would all be living in mansions and we would all be happy and we would all be very polite to each other and Scotland would win the FIFA World Cup and ... OK, that last bit really is ridiculous.

It would be much more fun if you started a meltdown thread. thumbup2.gif

Sorry, can't do that. According to numbnuts and thichasfcuk I've already had the meltdown.

At least I was only joking and never really went whining to the Mods like a wee bitch - somebody else did though. I can't remember who. whistling.gif:

Edited by Slartibartfast

Sorry, can't do that. According to numbnuts and thichasfcuk I've already had the meltdown.

At least I was only joking and never really went whining to the Mods like a wee bitch - somebody else did though. I can't remember who. :whistle:

Numb nuts and thichasfcuk. Love it!

I knew that hashtag would take off.