Saints V Raith Rovers

FTOF

So, at the golf day I ask Jim Goodwin if he watched Falkirk's captain Vaulks and his long throws that I noticed in their Alba game v Dumbarton. Jim says 'no - never watched their game'. Luckily Vaulks never got the chance to launch one...

Cue tonight....

I know every supports tends to see the best in their own players, and ignore the bad points, but Jim Goodwin?? Come on!?

Just a thug. After his booking tonight he turned from the ref and clearly called him a 'pr**k' - shocking from an experienced player - the captain.

Anyway, St Mirren will finish mid-table this season, but clearly under performing right now. Murray not doing a good job.

Edited by See you next season

Goodwin did okay tonight. He was guilty first half of slowing play down and lofting aimless balls at times, but he did fine for the most part.

If he called the referee a prick and didn't get sent off for it, he done something right and is learning.

I know every supports tends to see the best in their own players, and ignore the bad points, but Jim Goodwin?? Come on!?

Just a thug. After his booking tonight he turned from the ref and clearly called him a 'pr**k' - shocking from an experienced player - the captain.

Anyway, St Mirren will finish mid-table this season, but clearly under performing right now. Murray not doing a good job.

Away and troll somewhere else.

Watch the booking incident again - Morgan commits the foul by pulling Anderson back. The Raith player then carries on his run and is leading with his elbow when he collides with Goodwin.

Goodwin has completely cleaned up his act since the clearly unacceptable incident with Connolly at Dundee Utd last season and is now an easy target for referees and roasters like you rather than being any sort of thug.

Just back hone in Livingston.Clearly enough is enough we have never been in the third tier of Scottish Football however Murray must surely go as this is where we are going under his stewardship.His role is to motivate and instruct.I kept looking for him to come out the dugout but alas he was sitting comfortably in the stand.I simply do not trust his assistant.I was speaking to Tommy Turner post match and we agreed Murray's use of subs is actually quite shocking.Even Howieson thought he was coming off for Morgan.The BOD must act now.

Away and troll somewhere else.

Watch the booking incident again - Morgan commits the foul by pulling Anderson back. The Raith player then carries on his run and is leading with his elbow when he collides with Goodwin.

Goodwin has completely cleaned up his act since the clearly unacceptable incident with Connolly at Dundee Utd last season and is now an easy target for referees and roasters like you rather than being any sort of thug.

He could have been off at Cappielow for his trademark flying elbow. (Thompson was a definite red that night for his studs up on the Morton keeper, out injured for 3 games after that).

I didn't say, but I'd agree, it looked a very dodgy booking for Goodwin, but his behaviour after it was a disgrace.

They seemed to thrive on playing together and develop an almost telepathic understanding instantly.

Had that trumpet not prematurely dissolved their partnership, I believe we would have won that game!

Morgan for Howieson... it was SOOOOOO obvious.

Agnew for Carswell.

Make both subs with 20 minutes to go and we win. Can't believe the sub that was made and that the assistant f**kerupper could even try to defend it on radio either! Cost us the match without a doubt... from constant pressure to defending deeper and deeper in an instant! I am angry.... soothed only by my second rusty nail of the evening and the thought of a day off tomorrow!!!

On your original point Drew... totally excited by that prospect... if Murray ever allows it to develop. He seems totally reluctant to deviate from his beloved 4231 until it is absolutely essential!

The substatution boggled my minde we were chasing a goal a d looked like it was going to come .

Just back hone in Livingston.Clearly enough is enough we have never been in the third tier of Scottish Football however Murray must surely go as this is where we are going under his stewardship.His role is to motivate and instruct.I kept looking for him to come out the dugout but alas he was sitting comfortably in the stand.I simply do not trust his assistant.I was speaking to Tommy Turner post match and we agreed Murray's use of subs is actually quite shocking.Even Howieson thought he was coming off for Morgan.The BOD must act now.

So what is the pay off for Murray and Spalding? How much would that leave to bring in replacements? How often do we appoint then sack and pay off managers?

He could have been off at Cappielow for his trademark flying elbow. (Thompson was a definite red that night for his studs up on the Morton keeper, out injured for 3 games after that).

I didn't say, but I'd agree, it looked a very dodgy booking for Goodwin, but his behaviour after it was a disgrace.

One of your own should have walked for their cowardly attack on Jim that night.

Everyone goes on how much a thug he is but he gets no protection and just dusts himself down and carries on

The man can take it unlike the other bitches who he plays against

So what is the pay off for Murray and Spalding? How much would that leave to bring in replacements? How often do we appoint then sack and pay off managers?

Put them on gardening leave. If Murray sits about for almost 2 years trousering our money without taking another job then his career is finished.

Put them on gardening leave. If Murray sits about for almost 2 years trousering our money without taking another job then his career is finished.

Can we afford that, seriously? I don't care about his career, and he will care most about an income to pay his mortgage and look after his family. We aren't the SFA or Sevco.

I was listening to Radio Scotland while at the game. Tealey and Jimmy Nichol were summarising. Now these guys cannot be outright critical but Teale was concerned that we played 2 sitting midfielders at home and the full-backs were playing so deep allowing the Rovers to totally dominate the middle of the park. He also commented on the long ball to Shankland which was a total waste as everyone in Scottish football (bar one of course!) knew that was not Shankland's strength.

Jimmy Nichol who had Gallagher at Cowdenbeath last season, commented that Gallagher was best playing in a free role up top and was far less effective playing wide (either side). They also commented on St Mirren players playing off the opposition with only Goodwin willing to tackle. Both seemed pretty spot on with their comments which I totally agree with.

In the second half they both were pretty surprised at the substitution as they thought Gallagher was a great foil for Shankland. If these two saw what the rest of us saw why did our management team not see the same?

Just saying like ....

Gardening leave my arse. I don't agree with much of what the BoD do, but they appointed a young manager with knowledge of the division St Mirren had slipped into. He had done enough at Dumbarton to suggest St Mirren was a step up for him, but not a step too far.

It was a sensible looking appointment considering relegation meant a natural re-build anyway. It looked to be an imaginative appointment given the usual Butcher, Tangoman or Shiels type of possibility.

The BoD have, in this instance, in my view anyway, given a promising manager who seemed the right man at the right time, the keys to the club Infiniti.... And supplied him with decent tools in a team with a spine of decent (on paper / for this division) quality - Langfield, Webster, Goodwin, Thommo and Gow... Those names, by Christ, with some talent around them, should be OK for taking on everyone possibly bar the Ibrox Impact Globetrotters.

Gardening leave? Nah. The BoD should haul Murray, Spalding and the senior players into the boardroom and have a frank discussion*

* kick their fcuking arses.

There was a young boy sitting infront of me today (think he was only about 6 or 7 years old) and all credit to him he kept shouting and cheering the team all game. Feel sorry for him He has got many many more years of watching that but so do I.

But even he was starting to say this is rubbish nearer the end

Gardening leave my arse. I don't agree with much of what the BoD do, but they appointed a young manager with knowledge of the division St Mirren had slipped into. He had done enough at Dumbarton to suggest St Mirren was a step up for him, but not a step too far.

It was a sensible looking appointment considering relegation meant a natural re-build anyway. It looked to be an imaginative appointment given the usual Butcher, Tangoman or Shiels type of possibility.

The BoD have, in this instance, in my view anyway, given a promising manager who seemed the right man at the right time, the keys to the club Infiniti.... And supplied him with decent tools in a team with a spine of decent (on paper / for this division) quality - Langfield, Webster, Goodwin, Thommo and Gow... Those names, by Christ, with some talent around them, should be OK for taking on everyone possibly bar the Ibrox Impact Globetrotters.

Gardening leave? Nah. The BoD should haul Murray, Spalding and the senior players into the boardroom and have a frank discussion*

* kick their fcuking arses.

Absolutely.

My question to those who are berating the the decision of the BoD to appoint Murray is, who would you have appointed?

Murray has a big job, and he needs to get his finger out. Soon.

Why was Murray in the stand in the first half? Does he think he's Steve mclaren? Whilst not having coaching badges I could tell his tactics were as pish from ground level as they were in row F.... Get this joker to f**k before we end up like Dunfermline. This season has gone from one embarrassment to another totally unacceptable .

The substatution boggled my minde we were chasing a goal a d looked like it was going to come .

Pre-season, Clyde usually host a game for all the unsigned players where two teams of strangers are thrown together in the hope of impressing and being signed.
Our first half performance was not as cohesive as either team of strangers at the Clyde game!
No pace, no movement off the ball, no service for the forward players and other than Goodwin, apparently no care!!!
We were more than fortunate to get to the break on level terms; we should have been dead and buried.
Yes Mr Murray.... 4231 is the new 442 and all the top teams are using it... but the 2 don't have to both be defensive midfielders and the three need to be constantly on the move creating problems for the opposition defence... not helping out their own defence leaving a stranded forward wondering why the hell he even got stripped!
Second half... what a transformation... I actually enjoyed our football for the first time in a long time.
Shankland and Gallacher seemed to have an almost instant telepathic understanding. Their link play was quite sublime. They invited the midfield to support and even our defence moved up the pitch as a result. It was only a matter of time till we scored the winner... ... until that crazy indefensible substitution!!!
No Mr Spalding... it was NOT like for like... we reverted to one up front as Morgan fell back too deep and as a result, Rovers were not only given time to regroup, but invited to attack us... with the inevitable result!
Like me, everyone around me felt that Morgan for Howieson was the obvious sub. Agnew for Carswell too. Both very positive changes that would not have disrupted out momentum. The substitution of Gallacher cost us that match! Shankland's reaction at the end said a lot!
I'm not sure what angers me more... the self-destructing substitution or the attempt by the coaching team to justify it rather than apologise!

Tony Fitzpatrick would have saints playing better than.this guy. He actually doesn't have a clue. It's frightening that with ten to go he removes Gallagher and puts Morgan on in midfield. He really is out of his depth and going from a small team that had no expectations to a bigger.club that expects to have a go at all teams at home he can't cope. I hope he sorts it but already fans next to me in mainstand are wanting him gone

Can we afford that, seriously? I don't care about his career, and he will care most about an income to pay his mortgage and look after his family. We aren't the SFA or Sevco.

We could afford to pay off numerous players who may well have been on more than Murray is currently getting. Anyway the whole point of gardening leave is to cease paying an employee once they find alternative work, and if Murray were serious about a career in football management he wouldn't sit on his arse taking our clubs cash.