Saints V Raith Rovers

FTOF

where did I say the keeper caught all the corners. I stated they were dreadful. Also there were too many crosses floated towards the keeper. Back on it again early are we?

So you couldn't contradict me and opted for the tired 'on the sauce' line.

Bravo.

That 20 mins in the second half proved that the players are more than capable of playing good attacking football, and can dominate teams.

Unfortunately, they can't seem to hold it together for the 90 mins. We have long periods of sitting back, looking unfit, and losing shape. Got to put that down to the coaching.

For those slating Watson, he was one of our best players last night. Set up the goal, and looked to get forward at every opportunity.

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw it. Bit suspect defensively but had a very good game.

Incredible the amount of folk focusing on Murray watching the game from the stand, as if we've been brilliant with him on the touchline. It made sod all difference and I hardly think people would have cited it as a reason behind our success for the win. There is plenty of other areas to criticise - you know, minor stuff like team selection and tactics - without concentrating on inconsequential pish like that.

Watson looked better when we changed formation and he was pushed on but defensively he was piss poor and primary his job is to defend. Murray seems desperate to play the "trendy / in vogue" 1 up formation but we just don't have the personnel for it. How the hell you lose the midfield every week with that formation is baffling but we simply do nit put in a tackle. Goodwin is the only guy with a bit of dig but the rest jog alongside their opponent without preventing a pass or cross. Clearly this is simply the type of player Murray has decided to sign but in this league it will get us nowhere. If I were chairman I would be having a meeting right now with the management team and making it crystal clear urgent change us a must. If Murray is stubborn as some suggest he needs to be telt pronto !

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

I spoke to SG just before the appointment was made. He was being blown around like a leaf in the breeze by those demanding Murray as the new manager-essentially people who knew nothing were influencing someone who knew nothing

I was told the short list was poor, but apparently MacKinnon and Aitken were on it

Heard it was MacKinnon and Adams.

Heard MacKinnon didn't believe in sports science which was a major x against him.

Edited by davidg

We do get behind the team, there are numerous other clubs where a run like this would see crowds down around 1,500. The players and management shouldn't be reading these forums anyway. How many of us trawl twitter or forums to read comments about the companies we work for?

I do agree with what you have stated however it will not take long on our current form to see crowds dwindle and dwindle.

Like another poster I too was prepared to give Ian Murray the benefit of the doubt at least until we had played every team in the league once, but 7 games into the season I just do not see any indication that he has what it takes tactically wise. Prior to the appointment of Ian Murray as manager of St.Mirren, many a Dumbarton fan came to the opinion that Ian Murray was doing well until he brought in Spalding, however in my opinion the biggest problem seems to come from the fact that we are sadly lacking in midfield. On paper we seem to have some good players and some poor ones but what matters is what is happening when we play, their is something wrong and how its going to be sorted out I'm not sure. All I do know is that we are dire, yet each time they play I go to the game in the hope this will be the game that kick starts our season, and each time I come away in despair. All I can add is, that this is the first time in numerous decades supporting St.Mirren I have come out of games before the final whistle.

Edited by stripey

First half was utterly shocking and summed up by the confusion in the stands following the most undeserved equalizer ever- do you still boo following that effort?

Played well for 25 minutes in the second half... some good intricate play, but has Murray not noticed how all the other teams in the league attack with pace and commit players forward to support, giving options? Constantly our attacks are thwarted by allowing the opposition to get behind the ball.

Listened to Jimmy Nicol on the radio going home who dissected the Saints set up and how playing Goodwin and Carswell together was leaving us inept in defence and midfield.

Once again we see a young, inexperienced manager getting the chance at St Mirren while the wise old,battle hardened' best gig is punditry.

I am losing my patience with Murray.

Heard it was MacKinnon and Adams.

Heard MacKinnon didn't believe in sports science which was a major x against him.

I believe in it, but only to a minimal degree as it'll never replace proper training, eating right and the confidence derived from winning and being used properly. Having a psychologist waffle on is analysis time or extra ball session time wasted.

Have taken time to think last nights shambles over before commenting.

I've been right behind Murry from the start after last night I have serious doubts.

1. The starting lineup and first half was just awful.

2. The substitution where we took off one of our best players was incredible.

3. Despite it all going to sh*t he doesn't get out and encourage the players or gee them up.

He has assembled a good bunch of players that another manager might be able to well with. If this isn't sorted soon I can see the likes of Thommo taking over.

Kendo I thoroughly agree with your assessment.For me everything was mismanaged last night.Yes you can sit in the stand with some form of communication to the dugout.But really there was no motivation whatsoever to the players.Murray's sidekick looked totally lost and when Murray made the odd courtesy appearance he looked bewildered.BOD must take note of everything I am still struggling to comprehend how we were beaten by inferior players yes I thought Raith were a poor lot.Finally is there a problem with fitness given the loss of late goals to Raith Dumbarton and Falkirk and of course Livi in the Cup.Something is badly wrong at our wonderful Football Club and needs sorting NOW.

Kendo I thoroughly agree with your assessment.For me everything was mismanaged last night.Yes you can sit in the stand with some form of communication to the dugout.But really there was no motivation whatsoever to the players.Murray's sidekick looked totally lost and when Murray made the odd courtesy appearance he looked bewildered.BOD must take note of everything I am still struggling to comprehend how we were beaten by inferior players yes I thought Raith were a poor lot.Finally is there a problem with fitness given the loss of late goals to Raith Dumbarton and Falkirk and of course Livi in the Cup.Something is badly wrong at our wonderful Football Club and needs sorting NOW.

Think you're right to question the fitness. In the last 10 mins we faded badly, again. Mistakes and lack of concentration come with tiredness. The likes of Mallen, who I think is a great wee player, kept giving the ball away in midfield, swaying the game in Raith's favour. We looked knackered and this with a rock bottom confidence is a bad place to be. No excuse with our facilities and young 'fit' squad. A less than ordinary Raith were there for the taking, but they 'took' us. Depressing stuff.

We do not go for the cheap option.

We go for the option which doesn't blow apart our Budget.

Therefore we remain solvent and don't die.

It's oh so simple.

Eh I think we've went for the option that is" blowing apart our budget". How many paying punters do you reckon were there on Friday? And it's going to get worse.

Eh I think we've went for the option that is" blowing apart our budget". How many paying punters do you reckon were there on Friday? And it's going to get worse.

Aw Naw!!!!

Are we gonnae snuff it?

FC MIRREN will be along shortly.

Why was Murray in the stand in the first half? Does he think he's Steve mclaren? Whilst not having coaching badges I could tell his tactics were as pish from ground level as they were in row F.... Get this joker to f**k before we end up like Dunfermline. This season has gone from one embarrassment to another totally unacceptable .

Some managers (Walter Smith, Sam Allerdyce) like to sit in the stand for the first half, the argument being you get a better view and it's not as if it's difficult to communicate with the bench nowadays.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Some managers (Walter Smith, Sam Allerdyce) like to sit in the stand for the first half, the argument being you get a better view and it's not as if it's difficult to communicate with the bench nowadays.

Maybe he can't handle the spectator comments from behind, he did used to have a fence behind him at Dumbarton.