Agnew... A Luxury We Cant Afford..?

To be fair to you, I have missed the posts of other obvious trolls cos I ignore them, but I doubt you have such a variety on Ignore that you missed all the Agnew-supportive posts. Surely you, at least, read your own threads?

People have posted, backing Agnew. You have not kept on that subject. You have ignored that input... And twisted it back to IM.

Fwiw, my attitude to him has not improved since my initial giving him benefit of the doubt. I thoroughly disliked the "wait till the end of August" tack, but a couple of good players DID materialise. Too late, for me.

There ARE good players available, but he still has not got the best from them. He still is not managing well. He deserves no more leeway than all the other managers forced to work with the post-Bosman contract situation ie ALL other managers in the same boat, every year. And... IM has a bigger budget than most.

But I don't start a f**kin new/tediously old thread every day tae greet aboot it.

I hope this helps? :)

That really helped... To be fair you just greet aboot it on threads others huv stairted.

Please don't mistake my post for me not rating Agnew, I think he's a pretty good championship player. It was perhaps a clumsy attempt at summarising by me.

He can't tackle - I stand by this. He flies into people or tries to nip the ball away without tackling. There is no in between it appears. Playing him in a deep role seems foolish with this in mind. Not being able to defend follows from this in my opinion.

He can't pass - he obviously can pass, but doesn't have anywhere near the range of Mallan or even Goodwin, so if he's playing deep in an attempt to be something of a playmaker, that won't work in my opinion.

He has a great left foot shot on him, and has shown the ability to make space for a shot. Playing him in a more advanced role would surely give him more opportunity for this. He's more than capable of short passing and moving, again this would seem more suited to a more advanced position.

If he's not going to be in an advanced position, he' be better off on the bench as an impact sub.

Just thought I'd clear up what I meant.

You completely missed the point of my post and launched into an absurd, irrelevant rant. I might talk shite, but you appear to be twice as thick as it.

No I didn't your point was conlan is the target for criticism from people because mcausland is away which is total rubbish and made a tit of yourself making up conlan was injured.

No I didn't your point was conlan is the target for criticism from people because mcausland is away which is total rubbish and made a tit of yourself making up conlan was injured.

I made an honest mistake and readily acknowledged it. Who exactly is making a tit of himself?

I'll leave that for others to judge while you return to class before the second bell rings.

Why all the anger at fellow Buddies? You had a real go at Irvine Buddie on a different thread when he asked do we have another left back.

Take a chill pill and count to ten.

Anyone who can score a goals like the ones against Dumbarton amd berwick and was unlucky not to score at cappielow should be in our team IMO

Had he been played in a more advanced position, he might have been in a position to get on the end of a few of Thompson's knock downs/ons.

Why all the anger at fellow Buddies? You had a real go at Irvine Buddie on a different thread when he asked do we have another left back.

Take a chill pill and count to ten.

no anger just filling them in as they obviously don't take much interest in who's in our squad and who's injured

one wants to criticise a club legend saying he should never start for the club again and the other wants to have ago at other buddies for having an opinion on someone who imo has been really poor and is taking place of a saints youngster on the verge of breaking into the 1st team.

Thought that's what the forums where about I've not sent them any abuse I've replied to Drew as he replied to me.

no anger just filling them in as they obviously don't take much interest in who's in our squad and who's injured

one wants to criticise a club legend saying he should never start for the club again and the other wants to have ago at other buddies for having an opinion on someone who imo has been really poor and is taking place of a saints youngster on the verge of breaking into the 1st team.

Thought that's what the forums where about I've not sent them any abuse I've replied to Drew as he replied to me.

these people who have ago at fans for having an opinion on someone like Luke who has been poor for the club so far and yet think it's ok to criticise players like thommo and Jim Goodwin who have done a lot for this club. Who Jim has went on to prove he can still play at this level and also thommo who will do exactly the same.

Don't take much interest?

I suspect I confused Conlan with Carswell. It was a basic error, based on the fact that he hasn't featured of late, but if you choose to take it as a representation of my level of interest in the squad, so be it. I'm far too long in the tooth to care one way or another.

You're a better supporter than me. There, does that make you feel a bit less angry?

Don't take much interest?

I suspect I confused Conlan with Carswell. It was a basic error, based on the fact that he hasn't featured of late, but if you choose to take it as a representation of my level of interest in the squad, so be it. I'm far too long in the tooth to care one way or another.

You're a better supporter than me. There, does that make you feel a bitless angry?

Only thing that made me angry mate was your reply telling me to wind my kneck in perhaps if you just replied to me say you made that mistake and got the players mixed up that would of been the end of it rather than they reply

Have to disagree with a lot of the previous posts about Agnew. I watched the game online on Saturday and thought that up until he conceded the ridiculous penalty he was one of our better players. We were also noticeably weaker when he was hooked shortly afterwards. Not saying he's a world beater but certainly isn't as bad as some have made out.

To compare him to Thomson per the original poster is a bit unrealistic as "the sparrow" was playing at a much higher level most of his career.

Also don't agree that Howieson looks any more physical than Agnew. Maybe he needs to be given a chance in that position however from what I've seen this season he looks just as lightweight.

We need another Jim Goodwin that can do the running for the current Goodwin

Edited by Mearns Saint

Only thing that made me angry mate was your reply telling me to wind my kneck in perhaps if you just replied to me say you made that mistake and got the players mixed up that would of been the end of it rather than they reply

Okay, let's move on. We're spamming the thread with inane shite, now.

Starting to think I just shouldn't come on this forum until we're 30 points ahead at the top of the table, probably still won't be good enough for some.

This is just another Murray bashing thread poorly hidden by attacking one of his signings which then puts the blame on him.

This football club has went through a lot since Danny left but it's time to get some stability back and that won't happen sacking Murray a month into the season ffs. Give the man the season and as long as we're not relegated I'm happy. Very hard task to go up this year but let's give it a go through the play offs and if not build on it for next season with the same manager.

On aggy btw I feel he's decent enough, clearly got a good shot on him and should be playing further up the pitch, give the guy a chance same as Murray.

Positivity and actually backing the team may be a bit too much to ask of some on here but come on let's at least give it a go

Starting to think I just shouldn't come on this forum until we're 30 points ahead at the top of the table, probably still won't be good enough for some.

This is just another Murray bashing thread poorly hidden by attacking one of his signings which then puts the blame on him.

This football club has went through a lot since Danny left but it's time to get some stability back and that won't happen sacking Murray a month into the season ffs. Give the man the season and as long as we're not relegated I'm happy. Very hard task to go up this year but let's give it a go through the play offs and if not build on it for next season with the same manager.

On aggy btw I feel he's decent enough, clearly got a good shot on him and should be playing further up the pitch, give the guy a chance same as Murray.

Positivity and actually backing the team may be a bit too much to ask of some on here but come on let's at least give it a go

You'll be happy if we manage to avoid relegation..!

FFS thats probably the most negative thing i have read on here? Is that the sum expectation for a club with the third biggest budget, and oneof the best set of facilities in the league?

Are we just to accept that Murray wont get us higher up the table than he did with Dumbarton? Thats not what most of the support signed up to when 2500 ST's were sold!

You'll be happy if we manage to avoid relegation..!

FFS thats probably the most negative thing i have read on here? Is that the sum expectation for a club with the third biggest budget, and oneof the best set of facilities in the league?

Are we just to accept that Murray wont get us higher up the table than he did with Dumbarton? Thats not what most of the support signed up to when 2500 ST's were sold!

It's football there is no contract and the only certainty when buying a Saints ST is uncertainty. Never once in my 40 years of following have I thought by buying a ST I was entering into anything other than admission to watch 90 odd mins of football every second week. Bar OF fans I doubt anyone buying an ST would think they were "signing up" to anything. Tons of people on these forums keep bringing up the old 3rd biggest budget chestnut. If football did work on the principle that you finish where your budget dictates then mist folk would have chucked watching it generations ago. Thankfully it's far more unpredictable than that and it's that very fact that keeps us all interested. We will finish where our performances over the season dictate not where we are on a financial ladder.

Good post. Agree entirely.

I commented way back in the Dumbarton game that our support had turned on Agnew already and couldn't work out why as his performance the week before against Berwick was exceptional. Then someone was shouting about getting mallan on instead and I soon worked out that it was basically just an attack on Murray via one of his signings. I turned and said to my dad, hope he scores, and then he struck a peach into the top bag. Really don't understand this dislike of agnew. He's been far more effective than a lot of other players in our team who don't get the flack.