12/5/2014

Buddo

The day our club decided to "take a different direction" since then we have won 3 league games at home, been relegated, currently the lowest placed 'full time' club in scotland, and have a manager who thinks its a good idea to take off our quickest attacker, for a midfielder when we are chasing a game! I can't believe I just heard McKinnon utter the words, and I quote "credit to st mirren, they came at us!!!" no Ray, the credit goes to the owners of our club who have systematically dismantled our team since our league cup win, and stadium aside, allowed us to go back to the same shambolic state we were in-in the 90's!

The day our club decided to "take a different direction" since then we have won 3 league games at home, been relegated, currently the lowest placed 'full time' club in scotland, and have a manager who thinks its a good idea to take off our quickest attacker, for a midfielder when we are chasing a game! I can't believe I just heard McKinnon utter the words, and I quote "credit to st mirren, they came at us!!!" no Ray, the credit goes to the owners of our club who have systematically dismantled our team since our league cup win, and stadium aside, allowed us to go back to the same shambolic state we were in-in the 90's!

to be fair to the board (I know this won't be popular) if there wasn't such a clamour from certain areas to get rid of Danny then the board wouldn't have thought they could have not renewed his contract.

There were a lot of people who weren't happy with a league cup win, our best league finishes for 25 years and bringing through young players who were regularly making Scotland U21 squads. They wanted more and made sure fellow fans, players and the board knew it by being very vocal about it. Hell there were people on here the night before the cup final saying they wanted him sacked.

A lot of people are using the phrase reap what you sow in respect of the board but a huge percentage of the fans need to remember they were complicit in him no longer being employed by the club. Since he left we have seen the club go backwards and our young players either leave in a huff or regress as players.

Danny's career has fair took off since he left us. Still better than Murray though.

People are going to question your ability when you are freed by a club of St Mirrens stature but there are a few others who have taken a bigger fall from grace than him. Peter Houston left Dundee United and is now managing Falkirk is one example, I remember Craig Levein managing Cowdenbeath after being at Leicester and then going on to do well with Dundee United. In the past Jim Jeffries went from Hearts to Bradford and then ended up in the second division with Dunfermline. These things happen. I'd have him above any of our last three managers.

to be fair to the board (I know this won't be popular) if there wasn't such a clamour from certain areas to get rid of Danny then the board wouldn't have thought they could have not renewed his contract.

There were a lot of people who weren't happy with a league cup win, our best league finishes for 25 years and bringing through young players who were regularly making Scotland U21 squads. They wanted more and made sure fellow fans, players and the board knew it by being very vocal about it. Hell there were people on here the night before the cup final saying they wanted him sacked.

A lot of people are using the phrase reap what you sow in respect of the board but a huge percentage of the fans need to remember they were complicit in him no longer being employed by the club. Since he left we have seen the club go backwards and our young players either leave in a huff or regress as players.

Again

Danny Lennon's sacking wasn't down to what certain sections of our support thought of him

His judgment in the transfer market was

Saying that his judgment isn't as bad to others after he left

Levein was at Cowden before he went to Hearts. It was Raith he managed briefly before going to United.

There does seem to be a fair amount of revisionism about Danny's time at the club. The mistake wasn't letting him go but in who was appointed thereafter. St Mirren will be the peak of Danny's career.

Again

Danny Lennon's sacking wasn't down to what certain sections of our support thought of him

His judgment in the transfer market was

Saying that his judgment isn't as bad to others after he left

I'm aware it wasn't purely down to the fans and I didn't say it was but I disagree that that they played no part in it. His transfer record went against him but in my mind a huge part of it would have been the way a lot of fans had turned on him. For what it's worth as long as he kept bringing through young players that were better than his signings I felt the club was going in the right direction.

Levein was at Cowden before he went to Hearts. It was Raith he managed briefly before going to United.

There does seem to be a fair amount of revisionism about Danny's time at the club. The mistake wasn't letting him go but in who was appointed thereafter. St Mirren will be the peak of Danny's career.

Danny's time at st mirren is the peak of St Mirrens performance in the last 25 years.

I am not suggesting he was the new Fergie and I know he made a lot of mistakes I do feel he learnt from his mistakes fairly quickly. He wasn't perfect but there were a lot of positives that went unappreciated at the time and even now when we can see what we are missing it seems they still weren't appreciated.

It's ok, don't be critical or tell people the truth, you'll only be labelled a "knicker wetter".

Should defo satay positive - can't you see?, it's getting better.......?

A joke anyone can think this is good and going in the right direction. So fed up of it and the people who canny face the facts

^^^^headless chicken

Danny's time at st mirren is the peak of St Mirrens performance in the last 25 years.

I am not suggesting he was the new Fergie and I know he made a lot of mistakes I do feel he learnt from his mistakes fairly quickly. He wasn't perfect but there were a lot of positives that went unappreciated at the time and even now when we can see what we are missing it seems they still weren't appreciated.

Danny went because of budget cuts, same as Gus. The board wanted to spend less on managers wages, and squad wages, hence why Tommy, then Tealzo and now Murray got the gig..... They were cheap, and if you pay peanuts.....

OK. The Denver Broncos pumping the Kansas City Chiefs last night with twenty seconds to go was fcuking brilliant.

Who's next?

Poz, I can't even draw solace from the NFL. My Giants suffered a similar meltdown to our Falkirk one in Dallas last Sunday. My missus has removed all sharp objects from the house!

^^^^^ clueless lecturer

As insults go, calling someone a lecturer and thinking it's an insult is very odd considering it is one of the most difficult permanent jobs to actually get.

For lecturers in science, the success rate is less than 0.5% for each advertised post so anyone who has succeeded at getting that job is not only fecking awesome for defeating those odds but they've had to fend off competition from some of the most intelligent and highly published people in the world and prove they can perform world class research and attract serious amounts of funding on their own.

I'll put that simply. For every lecturing post in science more than 200 world class scientists will apply from most countries on the planet.

They are then tasked with educating the next generation of world leading scientists. Nobody else is going to do that.

You'd have to be seriously thichasfcuk to consider that a non-job or in some way a job to be laughed at.

If you are suggesting that I am a lecturer you clearly think I'm capable of becoming one. Essentially you are calling me a world class scientist and thinking that's an insult.

Is any of this sinking in - you utter spangle? lol.gif

Anyway I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I'm not actually a lecturer.

I've mentioned my career many times over the years.

Do some fecking research. There's a clue BTW.

And look at the category of lecturer I'm talking about in the first part of my post. That's another fecking clue.

Edited by oaksoft