Gary Teale

Teale had to go, people forget some of the things he done.

1. Signed Arquin.

2. Lost 5-0 to Motherwell in our first must win relegation decider.

3. Lost 3-0 to Ross County at home in our last chance to avoid relegation.

The team were so poor that despite having a season ticket I didn't even go to the Ross County game or any other game after that. I wouldn't have renewed my season ticket had he been appointed. At least we took a chance on Murray, it didn't work out. Teale might have done better but it wouldn't have been much better.

Agree with the above.

I loved Gary Teale as a player for us, his signing was a real coup and he was a big part of the cup winning side.

I felt a bit sorry for him as he was really sold a pup when he was finally given the managers job only to have McLean sold a couple of days later.

That said, the performances against Motherwell & Ross County in particular were a shambles. I also don't think he can be totally blameless for the terrible standard of player he inherited as he was part of the shambolic management team under Tommy Craig.

I do also think Teale suffered from jealousy in the dressing room during his time as manager. Goodwin and Thommo in particular weren't particularly helpful (to put it mildly) during that time by all accounts.

I know he had a detailed plan for this season had he been kept on. He worked his nuts off talking to agents and players in the latter part of last season and was ready to roll that plan out if he had been given the nod to have a go in the Championship. Whether it would have worked out, we'll never know.

No real value in looking back I guess.

Teale was also on record of saying he had a list of signings for January but missed out on all his targets. He got rid of loads of the rubbish that Craig signed including Drury, Marwood, Caldwell and froze out Reilly and Ball. In came Dayton, Arquin, Sadlier, Genev and Gow. Not great but I would argue better than what we let go. He also lost our best player and top goalscorer McLean.

He introduced Mallan into the team and probably his shrewdest move - he pushed Mclean up front resulting in Mclean's best spell with us with 4 goals in 8 weeks. (For what it is worth McInnes is playing Mclean too deep like most other managers have with Mclean. Teale saw his true position imho).

Teale knew the U20's well and may have realised that with the likes of Stewart we would not have signed someone like Conlan.

His two big problems were Thommo and Goodwin who allegedly were difficult characters to manage and bad televised defeats to our two rivals who had significantly strengthened their squads in the transfer window.

Who knows how we would have done with Teale in charge this season but I for one have no doubts we would be better placed than we are now. I have heard a few interviews with Teale this season and he talks sense and has great enthusiasm unlike our current manager.

It is all water under the bridge now and only conjecture and opinions. But I would not tar Teale with the same brush as Craig or Murray as the jury is still out for me.

Teale was also on record of saying he had a list of signings for January but missed out on all his targets. He got rid of loads of the rubbish that Craig signed including Drury, Marwood, Caldwell and froze out Reilly and Ball. In came Dayton, Arquin, Sadlier, Genev and Gow. Not great but I would argue better than what we let go. He also lost our best player and top goalscorer McLean.

He introduced Mallan into the team and probably his shrewdest move - he pushed Mclean up front resulting in Mclean's best spell with us with 4 goals in 8 weeks. (For what it is worth McInnes is playing Mclean too deep like most other managers have with Mclean. Teale saw his true position imho).

Teale knew the U20's well and may have realised that with the likes of Stewart we would not have signed someone like Conlan.

His two big problems were Thommo and Goodwin who allegedly were difficult characters to manage and bad televised defeats to our two rivals who had significantly strengthened their squads in the transfer window.

Who knows how we would have done with Teale in charge this season but I for one have no doubts we would be better placed than we are now. I have heard a few interviews with Teale this season and he talks sense and has great enthusiasm unlike our current manager.

It is all water under the bridge now and only conjecture and opinions. But I would not tar Teale with the same brush as Craig or Murray as the jury is still out for me.

I agree with most of the above.

However Teale failed and he failed bad enough for me to decide that if he had been appointed then there was no way I was renewing my season ticket.

Murray was a gamble, Teale had a shot and for what ever reason the team let him down and let him down spectacularly when it mattered most. I renewed my season ticket with the hope we would have been challenging for promotion this season. I was of the opinion that this wouldn't happen under Teale.

We had just got relegated so I do not blame anyone for wanting rid of the manager.

I felt Gary's best chance to succeed this season was get rid of or deal with Thommo and Goody but without maybe an Alex Miller behind him I did not know how he was going to work with them. Besides that I felt he had shown enough to be given a year's contract with an easy payoff to se how things worked out this season. If not Teale, my choice would have been someone experienced who still had something to prove. I was not impressed much by Murray's CV and personality and when he was appointed I thought it was a big gamble and would have voted for Teale to stay on instead. But it does not matter now. We are where we are.

• 2 weeks later...

I do also think Teale suffered from jealousy in the dressing room during his time as manager. Goodwin and Thommo in particular weren't particularly helpful (to put it mildly) during that time by all accounts.

What are these accounts?

There seem to be lots of accusations of Thommo being a troublemaker, but nobody able to give any concrete information.

I think overall Teale should be has the potential to be a good manager. The performance up in Dundee for the 3-1 win was great.

However, we got properly humped off Celtic, Motherwell and Ross County, and I think that was enough to say he wasn't the man for the job.

I think overall Teale should be has the potential to be a good manager. The performance up in Dundee for the 3-1 win was great.

However, we got properly humped off Celtic, Motherwell and Ross County, and I think that was enough to say he wasn't the man for the job.

I just can't understand that.

He was still working with a potentially divided dressing room.

Nobody had a better idea of where the down tool mentality eminated from than him... so surely he was best placed to fix it at the end of the season?

I just can't understand that.

He was still working with a potentially divided dressing room.

Nobody had a better idea of where the down tool mentality eminated from than him... so surely he was best placed to fix it at the end of the season?

Nothing to do with the mentality, our tactics were a disaster against Celtic and Motherwell and we got completely destroyed!