Gary Teale

& your thoughts on the first half ???

Rovers played a high temple game in the first half which we found difficult however we equalised . I go along to games hoping to see us win. If you were a neutral it was not a bad game. So disappointed we lost but not too down . I must be the only Saints fan that can see not a bad team in us and think it will come good with time.

Rovers played a high temple game in the first half which we found difficult however we equalised . I go along to games hoping to see us win. If you were a neutral it was not a bad game. So disappointed we lost but not too down . I must be the only Saints fan that can see not a bad team in us and think it will come good with time.

Dont know where to start ?!

You stated we were doing well up to the sending off...... We were crap in the first half , we had one move on the deck & we scored from it .

If you were a neutral it was not a bad game ?? If we were neutral we wouldnt be posting on here . If i was neutral i would take in games at different venues each week ! 1eye.gif My wife, who knows beggar all about footy even noticed how bad we were !!

We are (IMO) a bad team . Our league position & dire performances would back that up. We have decent players who , at the moment are performing as a Bad team ! That is down to bad management.

Your say rovers played a high temple (tempo!) game which we found difficult. We are the home team , against so called lesser teams like Livi , Dumb & RR we should be dictating play ... not them ! Again , management deficiencies are obvious.

Know someone who's played under Jimmy Nichol in recent years.

No thanks to that also.

His resignation was refused several times by Cowdenbeath. He admitted running out if ideas when the going got tough and opted for the long ball to Nish to try and get them out of trouble.

Cowdenbeath even let him miss a game while he buggered off with Northern Ireland. Incredible stuff.

As for Teale, some superb revisionism going on.

Dont know where to start ?!

You stated we were doing well up to the sending off...... We were crap in the first half , we had one move on the deck & we scored from it .

If you were a neutral it was not a bad game ?? If we were neutral we wouldnt be posting on here . If i was neutral i would take in games at different venues each week ! 1eye.gif My wife, who knows beggar all about footy even noticed how bad we were !!

We are (IMO) a bad team . Our league position & dire performances would back that up. We have decent players who , at the moment are performing as a Bad team ! That is down to bad management.

Your say rovers played a high temple (tempo!) game which we found difficult. We are the home team , against so called lesser teams like Livi , Dumb & RR we should be dictating play ... not them ! Again , management deficiencies are obvious.

Who got sent off ? Assume you mean the substitution to which I stand by , we were decent up till then in the second half pressing Rovers. At least I found it exciting .

First half as I wrote we found it hard to cope with Rovers tempo.

Neutrals don't watch one team they tend to have a balanced view on the game they are watching.

Sure everything is not great consistency during a game for 90min needs to be found. Basic mistakes need to be corrected . The substitution was baffling when we were pressing so well.

Still its a hell of a lot better than last season on the eye. Some good young players in the team.

Not calling for the managers head yet its far too early for that. Hope and think things will come good given time.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

For me panic can do more harm than good. Understand mistakes were made tonight. The substttution, 11 men in the box at a corner so when the ball is nicked out it was going to a Rovers player. However we were in control we looked fine. Certainly better than last seasons shite . Still say it's a Saints fans melt down which is not helping the team .

Okay Ian , here is the definition of melt down-1. Describes what happens when a person freaks out, cracks, loses control of themselves. Life - reality at large- becomes overwhelming. They just can't deal with it all. The person may act out, withdraw, become emotional, run, etc...

Certainly , I'm not experiencing any of that . You do make some valid points but overall , it certainly looks like Mr Murray doesn't have the necessary credentials for the job as manager at Paisley St Mirren FC . .

However , I'm willing to wait and see what happens at the game with Alloa and then if we lose that , I really think that it should be 9,10, Jack we can't wait to see what will happen up to Christmas . .

I said at the time I would have been prepared to give Teale a chance. I thought he was hung out to dry with the McLean transfer and not having much cash to sort out the total clusterf**k of Craig. He at least recognised the failings with the squad and tried to sort them with his hands tied behind his back. The reservation would have been dealing with Thommo and Goodwin if he had stayed.

But I was impressed with his observations on last night's game and his comments on the team since the season started. He is certainly aware of our current failings which is more than the current management team can say.

I said at the time I would have been prepared to give Teale a chance. I thought he was hung out to dry with the McLean transfer and not having much cash to sort out the total clusterf**k of Craig. He at least recognised the failings with the squad and tried to sort them with his hands tied behind his back. The reservation would have been dealing with Thommo and Goodwin if he had stayed.

But I was impressed with his observations on last night's game and his comments on the team since the season started. He is certainly aware of our current failings which is more than the current management team can say.

Totally agree.

He recognised the need for a complete clearout and must have a myriad of contacts to help him.

We were far more structured and better coached under him, despite the squad he had to deal with.

That doesn't cover up he wasn't very good at the management game...makes a good pundit though...

I think that is a bit harsh on Teale. Performances and results picked up once he took over through December and January and we had 4 games out of 6 in that spell where the results were influenced by dodgy red card decisions, decent goals being chalked off, offside goals being allowed to stand against us etc, and then McLean was sold on the final afternoon of the transfer window. We lost our top goal scorer and player of the season at a time when Ross County and Motherwell invested in their squads and turned their season around. Also Teale was no doubt hampered in his January dealings by not being confirmed as 'interim manager until the end of the season' until the last week of the transfer window. Who in their right mind would have signed for us if they had other options, when we were supposed to being taken over by 2 or more consortiums and when there was no word on who our new manager was? Motherwell and County were rewarded for their activity in strengthening their squads in January while we paid the penalty for dithering and hoping our opponents would keep losing.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Who got sent off ? Assume you mean the substitution to which I stand by , we were decent up till then in the second half pressing Rovers. At least I found it exciting .

First half as I wrote we found it hard to cope with Rovers tempo.

Neutrals don't watch one team they tend to have a balanced view on the game they are watching.

Sure everything is not great consistency during a game for 90min needs to be found. Basic mistakes need to be corrected . The substitution was baffling when we were pressing so well.

Still its a hell of a lot better than last season on the eye. Some good young players in the team.

Not calling for the managers head yet its far too early for that. Hope and think things will come good given time.

oops , my mistake . For sending off read Substitution !! huh.png

Again you refer to Neutrals ..... i would hazard a guess you`d be able to count the neutrals at Friday night game between St.Mirren & raith rovers on the fingers of one hand !!

• 2 months later...

Agree totally. If Teale had stayed we'd be bottom of the league.

I thought Teale averaged almost a point a game in the SPL, and as already been pointed out many times, he was caretaker boss for about 6 weeks before being told 2 days before the transfer window closed he was interim manager until the end of the season. Given that he was also dealing with talk of 2 rival takeover bids to buy the club he had a lot to contend with in his short time in charge. Overall I thought the team played better and got better results than under Tommy Craig - obviously there were a few stinking performances and bad results under Teale, but the article does point out the contrast between Ross County and Motherwell who both invested in their squads last January and ourselves who were offloading 7 or 8 players and sold our best player and top goalscorer on the last day of the window.

To suggest we would be bottom of the Championship now if Teale was in charge means we would be worse than Alloa. I thought Teale got a lot of the younger players playing better than they have done under Murray... not sure Goodwin and Thommo would still be with us or if he would have taken a punt on Gow again in the summer window.

Agree totally. If Teale had stayed we'd be bottom of the league.

Don't know how you can say that. What he took on was a damned near impossible task apparently made more difficult by the attitude of a couple of the players. Teale will get a chance at management again and I have a notion he'll do OK. I found the article quite convincing.