The St Mirren Legend Danny Lennon Is Coming Home

shull

Good thread Shull, 28 months ago eh. On top of the world..... now heading to Mars.

Saints support aside, we have a history of not supporting success. Danny, Clunie, McFarlane and Fergie, Gus and supporting failure- Hay, Fitz,Bone, and that muppet JC. The BOD seem to get it spectacularly wrong don't they, and certainly have no Plan A. DL is a legend, he supported the players, he took the rap, even when the scummy press where out to get him he stood tall and well kept us up. He took over at a time when we were looking for Cowdenbeath players to keep us in SPL, he must also have been on buttons and of course he delivered a national trophy. In honour I think he should sit in Saints dug out, manage our team and see how he feels after the game.

Good thread Shull, 28 months ago eh. On top of the world..... now heading to Mars.

Saints support aside, we have a history of not supporting success. Danny, Clunie, McFarlane and Fergie, Gus and supporting a failure- Hay, Fitz,Bone, and that muppet JC. The BOD seem to get it spectacularly wrong don't they, and certainly have no Plan A. DL is a legend, he supported the players, he took the rap, even when the scummy press where out to get him he stood tall and well kept us up. He took over at a time when we were looking for Cowdenbeath players to keep us in SPL, he must also have been on buttons and of course he delivered a national trophy. In honour I think he should sit in Saints dug out, manage our team and see how he feels after the game.

He will be sitting in his old St Mirren Dugout.

Saints support aside, we have a history of not supporting success. Danny, Clunie, McFarlane and Fergie, Gus and supporting failure- Hay, Fitz,Bone, and that muppet JC. The BOD seem to get it spectacularly wrong don't they, and certainly have no Plan A. DL is a legend, he supported the players, he took the rap, even when the scummy press where out to get him he stood tall and well kept us up. He took over at a time when we were looking for Cowdenbeath players to keep us in SPL, he must also have been on buttons and of course he delivered a national trophy. In honour I think he should sit in Saints dug out, manage our team and see how he feels after the game.

he'll be sitting in his own dugout anyway seeing as Murray has changed it.

He returns with his head held high and his dignity completely intact. He will no doubt receive a warm welcome from everyone at the club.

The fact is he did his best gave 100% and talked up the club at every single opportunity. He also gave us some wonderful and historical memories. They can never take that away from him. Welcome home Danny.

Danny won't be booed. Danny shouldn't be given rounds of applause either. At the end of the day, he's no different to the managers of Livingston, Dumbarton or Raith - he's here to add to our misery in the Feegie Field of bad dreams.

Not often I disagree Poz but I think Danny thoroughly deserves a round of applause and a big thank you for some of the best times we have had for years. A true St Mirren legend.

Not often I disagree Poz but I think Danny thoroughly deserves a round of applause and a big thank you for some of the best times we have had for years. A true St Mirren legend.

Not at a game where he's doing his best to beat us he isn't. Certainly not when our new manager must be under pressure and our home record remains pish. Time and a place... A League Cup winning reunion dinner or something. I am hacked off with Murray's reign so far, but in my eyes, holding a minute's round of applause for the visiting manager would be poor form.

Murray needs to succeed. Simple as that. We cannot afford to keep taking one step forward and two back, and bagging managers every two years.

Danny Lennon deserves a fantastic welcome. He never got the chance to say farewell. With that he a cup winning manager and a St Mirren legend. We don't have many of them in our history.

Of course we want to win on the day but fans who can applaud a man who lead us to arguably my favourite ever St Mirren memories with the League Cup win is only fair and shows a little bit of class.

We do hope we beat your team on the day but we THANK YOU FOR THE MEMORIES DANNY

Not at a game where he's doing his best to beat us he isn't. Certainly not when our new manager must be under pressure and our home record remains pish. Time and a place... A League Cup winning reunion dinner or something. I am hacked off with Murray's reign so far, but in my eyes, holding a minute's round of applause for the visiting manager would be poor form.

Murray needs to succeed. Simple as that. We cannot afford to keep taking one step forward and two back, and bagging managers every two years.

My clapping and booing has made no impact whatsoever on St Mirren for decades so I wouldn't worry about it. Do agree about Ian Murray though and will be cheering him and the team on also.

Nice enough guy but he still doesn't half talk utter pish.

Here is another gem from Danny 'Whitnatno' Lennon after Alloas recent 3-0 defeat by Hibs

“The operation went well, but the patient died, as they say”.

Sounds like he sent away for a thirty bob book of great philosopher quotes,

from one of those shite adverts you get in the sunday post lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Edited by murray street

I`ll be sitting right beside him as my seat is beside dug out, he came along to my father in laws 70th along with Fitzy and John McGinn. Danny brought a bottle of Malt Whisky for him, a real gent[as is Fitzy]- how many others managers would do that for a fan?

stayed for an hour having photos etc taken

Shull-in the Crookston Hotel, I should`ve invited you,maybe even got you a free pint !

I`ll be sitting right beside him as my seat is beside dug out, he came along to my father in laws 70th along with Fitzy and John McGinn. Danny brought a bottle of Malt Whisky for him, a real gent[as is Fitzy]- how many others managers would do that for a fan?

stayed for an hour having photos etc taken

Shull-in the Crookston Hotel, I should`ve invited you,maybe even got you a free pint !

Danny would have needed to bring another bottle for Shull.whistling.gif

Danny is a Legend showed my 2 boy's about Ralston they met the team had a kick about with there favourite player at the time Hasselbaink!

Then after when we were leaving Danny came to say goodbye!

I wish he was still our manager if I'm honest!

I will certainly give him a round of applause before and after regardless of the result...

As for the daft things Danny said true he said St.Mirren was a great club with great fans!

If fans do boo him on his return I will be the first to remind them how far we have sunk since he left!

Nice enough guy but he still doesn't half talk utter pish.

Here is another gem from Danny 'Whitnatno' Lennon after Alloas recent 3-0 defeat by Hibs

“The operation went well, but the patient died, as they say”.

Sounds like he sent away for a thirty bob book of great philosopher quotes,

from one of those shite adverts you get in the sunday post lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

And were Tommy Craig, Gary Teale or Murray and Spalding any better when they faced the press after games and tried to disguise how badly we played?

And were Tommy Craig, Gary Teale or Murray and Spalding any better when they faced the press after games and tried to disguise how badly we played?

I wonder if Danny has grown out of that irritating black neck ned trait of calling everyone "wee man", even if the person is taller

than him.

Altogether now the cry was ♫♫Whitnatno Pure mad hingin oot the back ay yer grannie like that yass ♫♫

Edited by murray street