Ridgers

shull

No Ned Kris Boyd was crap Killie took him I wish they would do the same with Ridgers!

So yes if he was to find form and Killie wanted him I would be over the moon. I have never seen him play a good game our defence always looks nervous when he plays in Goal!

Langfeild is a better keeper doubt Ridgers will have a 12 year career in top flight football?

No Ridgers will get 6 months in the top flight and released at the end of the season!

In the herald today saying Murray broke promises and doesn't fancy him as a keeper

Surely that's the end of ridgers at st mirren And doesn't look good on Murray

To me it does.

You come to a club and realise that you've inherited a very ordinary 'keeper (Ridgers) who has been signed on a two year contract by some old clown, and a young inexperienced development squad 'keeper.

You have your eye on a more experienced 'keeper coach.

So you tell Ridgers that you're after the aforementioned 'keeper coach and then when he's signed you'll be dropping him.

Or you talk Ridgers up and boost his confidence in case your 'keeper coach option doesn't come off.

As it happened, we did manage to sign a decent 'keeper coach, whom many of us were clamouring for to be installed as first choice after the Annan game.

We got our wish and now some of us are using these decisions to beat the manager with a big stick.

On this occasion, it's a fine decision by Murray in my book.

However,he needs to start making more of these.

Edited by FTOF

To me it does.

You come to a club and realise that you've inherited a very ordinary 'keeper (Ridgers) who has been signed on a two year contract by some old clown, and a young inexperienced development squad 'keeper.

So you tell Ridgers that you're after the aforementioned 'keeper coach and then when he's signed you'll be dropping him.

Or you talk Ridgers up and boost his confidence in case your 'keeper coach option doesn't come off.

As it happened, we did manage to sign a decent 'keeper coach, whom many of us were clamouring for to be installed as first choice after the Annan game.

We got our wish and now some of us are using these decisions to beat the manager with a big stick.

If that's the case it's a pity he's not such a good judge of a midfielder or left back......

I really hope we're not returning to the familiar scenario we had under Danny Lennon where it cost us money to release players because the manager had fallen out with them.

Quite from Ridgers about his move from the Herald.

He said: “The situation with myself at St Mirren wasn’t great. Initially I didn’t think it was for the best for me to come to Kilmarnock but having spoken to the manager he clearly never fancied me at St Mirren. I won’t say what was said - it was the manager, Jamie Langfield and myself in the office. Some things were said at the start of the season which weren’t kept. But that’s all I’ll say about that."

To me it does.

A good summation of the situation. I have some sympathy for Ridgers as Murray publicly said after the Annan game he was first choice until he made a mistake but he hasn't played since. Langfield was then tremendous against Morton and kept a clean sheet against Queens which may have swayed things.

I would far rather have Langfield than Ridgers, although it would be good to have them both to provide competition. Ridgers is a back-up goalie though and I wouldn't have him as first choice. The only reason he got a move to Killie is because ex Hearts players are to Gary Locke what dead pigs' heads are to David Cameron.

If that's the case it's a pity he's not such a good judge of a midfielder or left back......

I really hope we're not returning to the familiar scenario we had under Danny Lennon where it cost us money to release players because the manager had fallen out with them.

The difference on this occasion is that it wouldn't be a player Murray himself has signed then decided 6/12 months later he wants shot of them.

How will this loan move affect Ridgers' attempts to find a new club come January? Will he be restricted to going to Killie, who have two or three keepers already, or will he be free to move elsewhere?

Quite from Ridgers about his move from the Herald.

He said: “The situation with myself at St Mirren wasn’t great. Initially I didn’t think it was for the best for me to come to Kilmarnock but having spoken to the manager he clearly never fancied me at St Mirren. I won’t say what was said - it was the manager, Jamie Langfield and myself in the office. Some things were said at the start of the season which weren’t kept. But that’s all I’ll say about that."

Murray is the manager making the decision which I'm sure he thinks is right for the club that's what he is employed to do. Don't have any problem with that.

Murray is the manager making the decision which I'm sure he thinks is right for the club that's what he is employed to do. Don't have any problem with that.

I think he has probably got this right but he was wrong about Jim Goodwin. He clearly does have strong opinions and as you say thats what he is paid for.

Pretty clear Ridgers won't play for Murray again. What a strange situation, Murray said he was still the number one when Langfield signed and then promptly dropped him for the next game...? Dropping him is understandable but don't see the need to lie about it beforehand. Could easily have said the goalkeeping jersey was up for grabs, typically naive from Murray and it's no surprised he's alienated Mark.

Wouldn't surprise me if he goes on to play at a relatively good standard, like Mark Howard did. He's a good young goalie who made a lot of good saves for us, like all young goalies he had his flaws but there's definitely a decent player there.

Can see mark point he did nothing wrong and was dropped.

Can't see him wanting to play for Murray again so I'm sure he hopes what most st mirren fans want Murray to walk away really don't like the guy he's not got a clue

He wasn't dropped. He was replaced by a better goalkeeper who was available and in the squad. So it goes. There would have been uproar had Langfield played a match or two, performed better (as he did), then been replaced by Ridgers.

I have heard four separate stories that really don't make good news for us. I actually hope we can somehow get going this season but vibes ain't good

I'm sure they're all 100% true, so why not tell us all about them?

I won't be able to sleep tonight if you don't.

Edited by FTOF