Mccausland

Pars Fan

We should actually be bringing him back to play with Webster , so that Baird can be blooded properly for the first team , the way that young central defenders with potential have always been treated by us down the years eg McQueen , Reid , Fulton , McWhirter , McLaughlin etc

Cheesey will do really well for Dunfermline IMO

Mmmm

McQueen & Reid were first team regulars at a younger age than Baird.

Fulton was a bit older but he was immediately a regular and first choice from the minute he made his debut.

If Baird is good enough then he is certainly old enough!

sure going by comments on here

over a grand a week

can you prove otherwise,if so then i will retract the claim

but i think he was over paid only my OPINION

That's not how it works.

Usually the person making unfounded accusations or spreading wild rumours is duty bound to provide some evidence to back it up.

In civilised society you don't say any old crap and then challenge others to prove you wrong.

Mmmm

McQueen & Reid were first team regulars at a younger age than Baird.

Fulton was a bit older but he was immediately a regular and first choice from the minute he made his debut.

If Baird is good enough then he is certainly old enough!

McQueen was used sparingly to begin with when his potential was recognised , Andy McFadden and Willie Fulton were the first choice central defenders , with McQueen used occasionally alongside both Fulton and McFadden. Reid came into the team under Willie Cunningham but, like Baird , was overused initially. When Fergie arrived big Bobby was dropped and replaced by George Brown from Alloa , only when Brown sustained a career ending injury did Bobby get back in. Mark Fulton was introduced in 1979 when Andy Dunlop and Jackie Copland were the first choice partnership , he wasn't a first choice till the following season and even then had spells on the bench , being replaced by Dunlop , and later on McCormack !

He broke into the first team and everyone liked him because he was a local lad and a Saints fan.

Then he was allowed to leave to go to QoS.

There was outrage. Everyone disgusted that we let this promising lad leave.

Then we brought him back. There was then outrage that we gave him a three year deal.

He played almost 150 games for the club, during which time we were in the top flight, and won a major cup.

He wasn't brilliant, let's not kid ourselves on, but he wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination either.

He was an honest pro who would have run through a brick wall for the badge. Had he been paired with a very good, experienced partner when he was in his early 20s I think he'd have developed into a really good player.

I also never thought he was massively comfortable with the "play your way out from the back" philosophy. He made a few really bad mistakes afetr we started that under Lennon and he never really recovered.

The whole thing with his dad being on the board was just a stick that was used to beat him with, made him an easy target.

Wish him well with wherever he ends up.

He is a reasonable player that we could do with at the moment, some of the abuse he took on here from fellow forum members was uncalled for and he left the club by mutual consent or so the official line states however there was much more to it than that, something that most if not all forum members will never know the real reason as to why he really left. I surmise His Dad being on the board of directors had nothing to do with his departure as was the ridiculous figures mooted about the salary he was on.

Dunfermline are getting a good player and I and many others wish him well, having said that I hope he has a terrible game against us.

Bottom line is it is St.Mirrens loss and Dunfermlines gain.

This thread basically shows that we are all a bunch of cnuts.

Speak for yourself. This FORUM is full of people who have so little going on in their lives that football takes on an importance to them which is both unrealistic and pathetic in equal measure. The net result is that they overcompensate for their own life failures by inflicting completely ludicrous expectations on others and then slamming them when they inevitably fail.

To make yourself feel better you have to close the gap between you and others. You can only do that two ways - either raise your own game to their level or batter theirs down to your level.

The latter is easier than the former which is why so many people bully others.

This is class 101 in understanding the psychology of loud mouths and bullies.

It's why so many online trolls turn out to have no friends and are socially awkward.

Happy people don't bully and abuse. It really is that simple.

Edited by oaksoft

Speak for yourself. This FORUM is full of people who have so little going on in their lives that football takes on an importance to them which is both unrealistic and pathetic in equal measure. The net result is that they overcompensate for their own life failures by inflicting completely ludicrous expectations on others and then slamming them when they inevitably fail.

To make yourself feel better you have to close the gap between you and others. You can only do that two ways - either raise your own game to their level or batter theirs down to your level.

The latter is easier than the former which is why so many people bully others.

This is class 101 in understanding the psychology of loud mouths and bullies.

It's why so many online trolls turn out to have no friends and are socially awkward.

Happy people don't bully and abuse. It really is that simple.

You have so little going on in your life that a football forum takes on an importance that is unrealistic.

The rest of your post is a description of yourself!

Always makes me chuckle when there is outrage from fans about a player earning "over £1K a week".

These guys might get fairly well paid, but remember that their career can be over with one bad tackle, and regardless of that it will be over by the time they are 35 unless they move into coaching or management.

Even when they do move into that game, most will fail, all will be sacked at some point.

The players down south that get paid £200K a week, fair enough, that is obscene, but I don't think it's at all unreasonable for a footballer playing for us to earn £1k to £1.5K a week. It's all relative.

Always makes me chuckle when there is outrage from fans about a player earning "over £1K a week".

These guys might get fairly well paid, but remember that their career can be over with one bad tackle, and regardless of that it will be over by the time they are 35 unless they move into coaching or management.

Even when they do move into that game, most will fail, all will be sacked at some point.

The players down south that get paid £200K a week, fair enough, that is obscene, but I don't think it's at all unreasonable for a footballer playing for us to earn £1k to £1.5K a week. It's all relative.

It's wrong to be getting £1k per week when the club you are with are basically gambling and when the gamble fails the creditors get stiffed.......again.