How Crap Is The Daily Record

magnus

Have not spent a penny on it for years. I do not bother with their website either as it must be one of the worst websites in the digital age. Do none of their staff look at their on-line sports pages? Do they honestly think they are encouraging customers with it?

The only way to make being seen reading the Daily Ranger any more embarrassing is to be seen reading it while sitting in a Volkswagen diesel.

Be careful now, they haven't confirmed that petrol models definitely aren't affected.... *insert whistling smiley*

Haven't bought it for years but I do read it for heehaw when it's lying about in a coffee shop. Full front page today on an imagined Rangers boardroom conversation about Chucky Green. What an embarrassment to journalism. This once popular Scottish newspaper has become a complete joke.

It's not just the modern version.

30 year ago at school I remember being taught the approximate reading age of each newspaper.

The broadsheets were aimed at adult level reading ability.

The Daily Record and the Sun were singled out as being written for the reading age of an average 8 year old.

Presumably they thought that by making it accessible to young children they'd continue buying it when they grew up.

Edited by oaksoft

It's not just the modern version.

30 year ago at school I remember being taught the approximate reading age of each newspaper.

The broadsheets were aimed at adult level reading ability.

The Daily Record and the Sun were singled out as being written for the reading age of an average 8 year old.

Presumably they thought that by making it accessible to young children they'd continue buying it when they grew up.

I take it you still read them yet?

I suspect 8 year old level is too advanced for you mind!

Oaksoft getting it hard from....

#thichasfcuk

Not many people in the world can claim to have received anything hard from him.

As banter goes it cut me deeply.

I'm not sure how my ego can recover.

I have an idea though...maybe I should remember how many world leading experts I had to fend off before I secured my job.

If I could only remember what my job is supposed to be.....lecturer or something I think.

See. I feel better already.