St Mirren V Alloa Athletic Championship 3/10/15

shull

Hendrie's season in the SPL was close, very close, to being an excellent one. The outcome wasn't great but if he had managed to hang on to a couple of players and had more of a SPL budget then we might never have went down.

he also got us to Hampden in that season though for obvious reasons we have all blocked that out.

Massive game for Murray and Spalding , lose and we could be bottom of the league after the first quarter. I think Spalding in particular will be looking over his shoulder , as I would imagine , in those circumstances , that the BOD would look to replace him with a more experienced assistant. Can't think he would be to expensive to get rid of either !

Lose and Murray and Spalding should both get the chop.

Not so sure about the chop , but the pressure on the management and board will be huge .

We can't afford to keep losing games at home we should be winning .

I'll stick with my 4-0 prediction as Alloa are pretty poor .

Meanwhile, having been relegated, 18 points already behing the league leaders and with barely a home win in two seasons, the board are expecting fans to fork out £20 to watch Alloa Athletic ! I will be interested to see how many turn up to watch this feast of football.

Hope the custodians have the insight to make the match all ticket, in case there is a stampede to watch it, lol.

Hendrie's season in the SPL was close, very close, to being an excellent one. The outcome wasn't great but if he had managed to hang on to a couple of players and had more of a SPL budget then we might never have went down. We will never know about the "might have beens" (i might have beans for lunch). But just look at that team, and look at the side we have now. The gulf in quality is huge, we had a well-balanced side on the pitch with players who were playing for the manager. and some talented pros who quite literally had their careers turned around in 6 months by TH and JC. We know now that Hendrie's temperament was more volatile than we realised but the board should have spotted that and helped him..

The point is, in a better resource position right now, we can't come close to building that kind of squad and we should be thinking of how that came to pass.

Hendrie shot himself in the foot when he signed Fenton, renfurm, Quitongo and paeslack to replace the tried and trusted yardley and mcgarry. It was too late by the time he realised he should've been playing them rather than all the foreign duds

We romped to league title in 2000 because we had a great TEAM and a brilliant forward lineup of Yardley, Lavety and Mendes with McGarry as cover. We had the lot up front with power, pace and natural goalscorer. We didn't have Mendes and Lavety in SPL and struggled massively as a result but we did come very close.

My best season by some distance and I will never see the like again.

Times have changed and I am neither up nor down about the football tomorrow. It's a sign a of getting older and the crap football we have witnessed at St Mirren Park under lennon towards the end of his saints career, the car crash that was TC and now Ian 'doesn't have a clue' Murray. :-(

Some people getting too caught up with our former manager.

As much as I respect what Danny achieved for our club, as far as I'm concerned St.Mirren come first.

I'd much rather the fans unite to cheer St.Mirren onto the park, followed by a resounding chorus of "Oh when the Saints go marching in", and pay silent thanks to a former manager.

We need to focus on encouraging the team to get a home win.

Edited by FTOF

Working, so can't make it tomorrow, anyway no matter what the result is, I hope wee Danny get's the warmest of welcomes, the man's a buddies legend,

As for the game, well I'm sorry D,boy, but I hope your team takes a severe pumping,as we need to get this season up and running, can Murray afford anything other than a win?...

I don't think so...

Edited by scrappy coco

We romped to league title in 2000 because we had a great TEAM and a brilliant forward lineup of Yardley, Lavety and Mendes with McGarry as cover. We had the lot up front with power, pace and natural goalscorer. We didn't have Mendes and Lavety in SPL and struggled massively as a result but we did come very close.

My best season by some distance and I will never see the like again.

Times have changed and I am neither up nor down about the football tomorrow. It's a sign a of getting older and the crap football we have witnessed at St Mirren Park under lennon towards the end of his saints career, the car crash that was TC and now Ian 'doesn't have a clue' Murray. :-(

You forgot about Coughlin and wee baldy!

Hopefully a huge cheer for their manager before the game

Hopefully a huge cheer for our manager after the game

Langfield

Watson Baird Webster Kelly

Mallan Goodwin

McMullan Shankland Gallagher

Thommo

4-0 Saints (Shankland 4, Thommo 13,47,60)

COYS

Ah back to this soul - destroying, mind numbing, shite playing with a defensive set up against a team happy to sit in with 11 men behind the ball and shit fest, kick, scrape and dive at every oppertunity to get a point, how we have fallen from grace so drstically really does hurt me and make me very angry and home games are a real wrench these days.

Edited by Stmirren#1

Ah back to this soul - destroying, mind numbing, shite playing with a defensive set up against a team happy to sit in with 11 men behind the ball and shit fest, kick, scrape and dive at every oppertunity to get a point, how we have fallen from grace so drstically really does hurt me and make me very angry and home games are a real wrench these days.

You need to find a new hobby pal. It's just a game, lighten up.