St Mirren V Alloa Athletic Championship 3/10/15

shull

Alloa played well today, they passed better, defended better and seemed to be a lot fitter.

We were an absolute joke outfit.

I just don't get it.

Major improvement urgently needed for the Pars Match.

Alloa played well today, they passed better, defended better and seemed to be a lot fitter.

I just don't get it.

Murray is out his depth.

Murray and Spalding out!!!

If you want to play five in midfield, play five mid fielders. Shankland and Gallagher are not mid fielders and looked lost. Bizarrely the midfielder making the runs into the box to support Thommo was Carsewell, a player who has played over 100 games and scored the sum total of zero goals. There was no width to side and frankly Gallagher and Shankland left little space for the full backs to move into. The whole team was far to static.

On the face of it we played with three up front but there was practically no link up play, there was no width, not enough urgency and we play at very slow temp.

I just don't get it.

The lot fitter is the biggest crime of all

What's the Sunday sessions all about

A fry up followed by Sky's super Sunday

Every team have looked a lot fitter than us hence all the late goals we lose

Bright spot today... Shankland and Gallagher look good on the rare occasions when they get the ball in the final third and link up well together.

I agree, they seem to have built up a good understanding with each other. All we need now is the rest of the team to do the same.

A dreadful performance against the worst side we've played against at home in the league this season.

Our tactics seem to involve trying to score from a set piece to aimlessly hoofing the ball to the opposition defenders. That's it. No creativity at all.

Murray doesn't know what he's doing.

Edited by JM1

Make our Players wear proper Black Boots until they can actually control and pass a Football.

Laughable watching them all making tits of themselves today with their colourful slippers on.

We played 4-4-2 today as follows -

Goodwin

Carswell Mallan

Gallagher

Thommo Shankland

It was supposed to be a midfield diamond. A formation that I reckon we should have been playing for weeks. However the front two need to be mobile and unfortunately Thommo isn't anymore and couldn't break wide to allow the midfield through. He cluttered up most forward movement.

Carswell is a defensive midfielder and it shows. He could not push up on the right with no off-the-ball running and constantly passed sideways or backwards.

And with a diamond you push your full backs right up the park. Kelly was doing that on the left but Watson hardly crossed the half-way line on the right.

We have some decent players but not a decent squad. There is a lack of flexibility and with positional and formation changes every single week the players do not appear to know what is being asked of them. All in all a shambles .

Witnessed a young boy fall asleep at the game today. What's worse he didnt just nod off he actually chose to cuddle into his mum and go for a sleep because there was nothing worth watching. We really are hitting rock bottom. The future of the club and its support is in jeopardy not just our league position

If we can't afford to sack Murray then the flip side of that is the very real prospect of league one football next season. It's become very apparent that this squad don't believe in the management team, how else can you explain the level of performance on view.

The board have a massive decision to make, because if this utter disaster of a manager is allowed to continue then our support will dwindle even further. As a seasons ticket holder I'm already considering if I want to watch any more of the negative and directionless drivel we are currently being subjected to.

For the good of the club and the fan base please Mr Gilmour remove both manager and assistant before they ruin our club.

There was no urgency in our play and we just looked lethargic, especially in the first half. There's absolutely no excuse for that.

Who knows what goes on at training, but the players don't look like they don't know what they're meant to be doing.

Far from good enough. We look well organised when we go into games looking to sit in and defend. We look absolutely clueless when asked to go out, attack and break a team down.

I didn't expect it to be easy in this league, but 1 win out of the firstly quarter, with the players we have, is embarrassing.

There was no urgency in our play and we just looked lethargic, especially in the first half. There's absolutely no excuse for that.

Who knows what goes on at training, but the players don't look like they know what they're meant to be doing.

Far from good enough. We look well organised when we go into games looking to sit in and defend. We look absolutely clueless when asked to go out, attack and break a team down.

I didn't expect it to be easy in this league, but 1 win out of the firstly quarter, with the players we have, is embarrassing.

Wonder what Gary Teale would be doing if he had this squad?

SG would worry he would look ridiculous if he sacks Murray already but there needs to be a change made urgently. I'd get the assistant punted and get an experienced hand in to assist Murray, he clearly needs help tactically.

Or we could just fire the joker.

I never renewed my season ticket this year after having one for around 15 years, and sadly I don't think i will be forking out £20 to watch this much more while Murray and the current BOD are at the club.

Yesterday I was bored out my tits and spent more time checking how my bets were doing on my phone than watching the shite that was on offer.

In his post-match interview, Murray was seeking to place responsibility squarely with the players.

To paraphrase him, he claimed that 'we [himself and Spalding, presumably] are telling them what to do, but they aren't doing what is asked of them'. Does it not occur to him that what he and his assistant are telling the players to do (or not to do) is the problem?

I'd have more respect for him if he shouldered more in terms of responsibility. All he will be achieving with his deflection approach is alienating a group of players already low in confidence. Very poor management in any context.

The buck ultimately stops, as always, with the BoD. I thought this was a decent appointment, so won't criticise them on that count, but they need to take decisive action. If I were in their shoes (thank f**k I'm not), I would start by bagging Spalding and bringing in an experienced man as number two. That could buy them some time. If that doesn't work, Murray might have to go by Christmas.

Edited by Drew

That 'performance' yesterday was an utter embarrassment against the worst team in the league. Two defensive midfielders in the starting 11 at home? That is completely unacceptable in my eyes.

This club needs gutted from top to bottom. We are in absolute freefall at the moment and it is quite clear this current management team doesn't have the capability or the answers to pull us out of the complete trench of shite we are in. It's got to the stage where I am simply no longer going to the games because of the love of the club but to keep in touch with my mates. One of the guys that was sat behind me yesterday told me that since the start of last season we have only taken 13 points at home. I knew our home form was bad but Jesus that is absolutely damning.

At this moment, I'll be blunt in that Murray should go, yes even this early in the season. I agree with Drew that the decision has to be made to bin Spalding and appoint a more experienced assistant who simply won't act as a yes man and be a sounding board to get Murray thinking. Not many names spring to mind but the only one that is out of work at the moment is possibly Jimmy Nicholl. Yes age is not on his side but he has a track record both as a gaffer and at assistant manager level.

A season that started full of hope is turning into a f**king nightmare.