St Mirren V Alloa Athletic Championship 3/10/15

shull

Why ?.. I just don't get this abuse he's getting, does anyone know exactly what he's doing

that's so wrong, Murray choose him, picks and sets out the team, if not why are we paying

this dud a wage, the buck stops with Murray he's the joke, Spalding's nothing more than a

scapegoat for frustrated fans...

Totally agree.

Why ?.. I just don't get this abuse he's getting, does anyone know exactly what he's doing

that's so wrong, Murray choose him, picks and sets out the team, if not why are we paying

this dud a wage, the buck stops with Murray he's the joke, Spalding's nothing more than a

scapegoat for frustrated fans...

Totally agree.

I agree also.

Spalding has become an easy target..

Give him a break, and Murray too..

Big Cup Match ahead.

Let's get on with it.

Edited by shull

Carswell is only 22. Yes, he's not that effective in games and doesn't seem to do a lot, but he's very good at keeping possession and rarely misplaces a pass. He's not been done any favours with Murray playing him out of position though.

Corrrect

Murray has him going forward which he has never done in his career

He's totally lost and doesn't have the pace to support the forwards

He was brought in to replace Goody but Goody has forced himself back into the team

Carswell is one of the square pegs in round holes that Murray keeps playing

The boy tries his best and doesn't deserve the abuse he recieves

My issue with Spalding isn't so much around any notion I might have that he doesn't know what he is doing (though the early signs for him and Murray aren't promising on that count). It is more to do with the fact that something isn't clicking, and Spalding is likely to be more dispensable than Murray (in terms of cost implications). Also, Murray would probably benefit from having a more experienced assistant at his side - someone who has been involved in the game longer and knows the score.

Carswell is only 22. Yes, he's not that effective in games and doesn't seem to do a lot, but he's very good at keeping possession and rarely misplaces a pass. He's not been done any favours with Murray playing him out of position though.

My frustration with Carswell is he only makes the safe pass usually back the way or sideways. He isn't brave on the ball and never takes risks. Good for keeping possession but you never win games that way. Maybe square peg in round hole but if he can only play in one position and Goody has already bagged that then we someone else in instead of Carswell.

The boy Carswell is playing to instruction, its the management team who are at fault. They have absolutely no idea how to play with some freedom and attempt to break down teams when we play at home.

This might be acceptable while playing in difficult away fixtures, but not against teams like Alloa who in all honesty were a very poor side.

Maybe's aye and maybe's naw. Goody tried all first half on Saturday to make forward passes to the statues in front of him. At least he was trying to create something. No-one else was. Side pass, side pass, back pass. Managers's instructions? Thank goodness Goody wasn't listening.

Maybe's aye and maybe's naw. Goody tried all first half on Saturday to make forward passes to the statues in front of him. At least he was trying to create something. No-one else was. Side pass, side pass, back pass. Managers's instructions? Thank goodness Goody wasn't listening.

Pardon??? Goodwin tried what? Pass to Kelly, retrieve, to Webster, drop deeper to retrieve, to Watson, get back play backwards again, watch play develop, drop further back and demand it...repeat!

I don't know how else you can explain why the likes of Carswell and a few others are playing in such a negative style of play. Quite clearly Murray doesn't have a clue as to what his best eleven is, let alone set the players up with a proper game plan.

If Murray is allowed to continue then I can see things get to the stage where the players will no doubt lose total faith in their managers ability to do his job.

Goody would be correct not to listen.

Carswell is a defensive mid. Safe passes are part of his job. He isn't a match winner, and I would never expect him to be. I like players to are tidy and keep possession, that's the kind of football I like to see. Isn't his fault that he's being played out of position.

Get McCall in as manager and we'd probably see the best of him.

Carswell is a defensive mid. Safe passes are part of his job. He isn't a match winner, and I would never expect him to be. I like players to are tidy and keep possession, that's the kind of football I like to see. Isn't his fault that he's being played out of position.

Get McCall in as manager and we'd probably see the best of him.

I'd like Carswell to be tidy and keep possession too...

... but it's not going to happen is itjerry.gif

Not the game I was watching. Goodwin consistently passed the ball forward.

I thought Goodwin was the first to twig* that Alloa were quite happy to let us retain possession outside their box and began being more direct and looked for forward passes began running at Alloa and hit a few long crossfield passes to get us up the pitch quicker, and I think he tried a few long range efforts as well. Until then he had perhaps been guilty of being too methodical in the slow build up and retaining possession malarkey! Thought Kelly and Webster began breaking forward rather than continue with the tippy tappy approach.

* on the park