St Mirren V Alloa Athletic Championship 3/10/15

shull

In his post-match interview, Murray was seeking to place responsibility squarely with the players.

To paraphrase him, he claimed that 'we [himself and Spalding, presumably] are telling them what to do, but they aren't doing what is asked of them'. Does it not occur to him that what he and his assistant are telling the players to do (or not to do) is the problem?

I'd have more respect for him if he shouldered more in terms of responsibility. All he will be achieving with his deflection approach is alienating a group of players already low in confidence. Very poor management in any context.

The buck ultimately stops, as always, with the BoD. I thought this was a decent appointment, so won't criticise them on that count, but they need to take decisive action. If I were in their shoes (thank f**k I'm not), I would start by bagging Spalding and bringing in an experienced man as number two. That could buy them some time. If that doesn't work, Murray might have to go by Christmas.

Agree Drew but personally I do not think bagging Spalding would achieve much. What experienced guy would want to come in for possibly only a couple of months? Alex Miller offered his services last season so that could be an option but how would Murray take that? And would Miller (for example) get the gig if Murray goes or do we pay off yet another member of management?

I would give Murray and Spalding 4 more games to demonstrate a substantial improvement or bag them both and bring in someone like Mixu. Just my thoughts :)

Agree Drew but personally I do not think bagging Spalding would achieve much. What experienced guy would want to come in for possibly only a couple of months? Alex Miller offered his services last season so that could be an option but how would Murray take that? And would Miller (for example) get the gig if Murray goes or do we pay off yet another member of management?

I would give Murray and Spalding 4 more games to demonstrate a substantial improvement or bag them both and bring in someone like Mixu. Just my thoughts :)

I can't see the current BoD bagging both before the New Year. They appear to have shown Jenkins the door for whatever reason, and brought in an experienced no. 2 to support Lennon. That had a degree of success. They could save face to some extent by at least showing some leadership in getting rid of Spalding. In terms of it making any difference, I can't imagine it would make things any worse.

Watching that performance yesterday, it looks like the Walk football sessions at the dome have moved to Ralston full time. In fact the walk footballers probably show more movement and intent than those "professionals" picked for the team do.​

As for Murray sitting the stand for a better view, seem to remember that was Mr Hay's MO too and look how well that worked out.

Probably stuck with Murray due to finances but he looks like a manager scared to lose a game and more scared when winning one and bottles it.

Murray is clearly out his depth. Could make the Dunfermline game but will give it a miss just can't be assed with the traveling to watch the crap. The board should take action now as there is a decent squad that could get us into the play offs under the right manager. Next season our budget will be well down on this season we will be looking at the best part of a decade before we return top top flight football. Totally sick

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

I'm beaten with the inertia around the club. Expect more and more and more of the same, presently we are rudderless and sinking.

Get us sold, that's it, no other way out of this never ending drift and weekly cringe.

It'll be part time football next season if the trend of the last three to four years continues unchallenged.

God how I miss the Love street days, it might have been a hovel , but it was more homely than Snap on Stadium ever has been. I really despair about us now.

What a shit state of affairs

That 'performance' yesterday was an utter embarrassment against the worst team in the league. Two defensive midfielders in the starting 11 at home? That is completely unacceptable in my eyes.

This club needs gutted from top to bottom. We are in absolute freefall at the moment and it is quite clear this current management team doesn't have the capability or the answers to pull us out of the complete trench of shite we are in. It's got to the stage where I am simply no longer going to the games because of the love of the club but to keep in touch with my mates. One of the guys that was sat behind me yesterday told me that since the start of last season we have only taken 13 points at home. I knew our home form was bad but Jesus that is absolutely damning.

At this moment, I'll be blunt in that Murray should go, yes even this early in the season. I agree with Drew that the decision has to be made to bin Spalding and appoint a more experienced assistant who simply won't act as a yes man and be a sounding board to get Murray thinking. Not many names spring to mind but the only one that is out of work at the moment is possibly Jimmy Nicholl. Yes age is not on his side but he has a track record both as a gaffer and at assistant manager level.

A season that started full of hope is turning into a f**king nightmare.

Although an experienced number 2 sounds great why would someone with more experience be happy as number 2. No just get rid of both of them and have one really great manager and promote number 2 within to save money

I would give Murray and Spalding 4 more games to demonstrate a substantial improvement or bag them both and bring in someone like Mixu. Just my thoughts smile.png

No he has to go now sorry he really took to big a step and is out of his depth

I keep hearing we have the third best team in the league.... we do have some good players, no doubt, so it can only be tactics of management holding us back. Having said that, we have seen a steady decline through a succession of managers in our ability to attack effectively. Absolutely no pace. Watching pensioner thommo break on the left and pass a delightful box into the box to find non one in support was just laughable. I would take any other manager in this league as every other team, part time or otherwise has the savvy to attack with pace and support. Alloa throughout this game cartman.gif looked far more dangerous in attack. Absolutely unbelieveable. And yet, I do not see the board getting rid of these two...for money reasons and we prepare for another relegation battle. If I did not have a season ticket I would not be going back.sad.png

In his post-match interview, Murray was seeking to place responsibility squarely with the players.

To paraphrase him, he claimed that 'we [himself and Spalding, presumably] are telling them what to do, but they aren't doing what is asked of them'. Does it not occur to him that what he and his assistant are telling the players to do (or not to do) is the problem?

I'd have more respect for him if he shouldered more in terms of responsibility. All he will be achieving with his deflection approach is alienating a group of players already low in confidence. Very poor management in any context.

The buck ultimately stops, as always, with the BoD. I thought this was a decent appointment, so won't criticise them on that count, but they need to take decisive action. If I were in their shoes (thank f**k I'm not), I would start by bagging Spalding and bringing in an experienced man as number two. That could buy them some time. If that doesn't work, Murray might have to go by Christmas.

Absolutely spot on.

Murray is clearly out his depth. Could make the Dunfermline game but will give it a miss just can't be assed with the traveling to watch the crap. The board should take action now as there is a decent squad that could get us into the play offs under the right manager. Next season our budget will be well down on this season we will be looking at the best part of a decade before we return top top flight football. Totally sick

Before the Alloa game you were telling us all to get behind the manager and players and to give Murray time and it was too early to call for a sacking.

Before the Alloa game you were telling us all to get behind the manager and players and to give Murray time and it was too early to call for a sacking.

Changed his mind, like I do frequently.

Bring back Wilson Humphries.

That wid cheer up one Buddie.