St Mirren V Alloa Athletic Championship 3/10/15

shull

Before the Alloa game you were telling us all to get behind the manager and players and to give Murray time and it was too early to call for a sacking.

Yes well yesterday hacked me off. Have been to all the recent games and was willing to give the manager a chance in the hope he will learn for the next game. It's not happening though is it ? So I have not read on the forum rules that one is not to change ones mind. Do I need your permission ?

I nearly mentioned that, but I think we can't complain about today's ref. No big decisions in today's game and he was quick to book Alloa players for kicking the ball away at our free kick and their keeper for time wasting. Today's result 100% lies at the door of Murrya, Spalding and the players.

If Murray is getting a better, more strategic view of the game sitting in the stand it baffles me that he does not appear to see what everyone else in the same stand can see. Today against a team sitting with 10 and sometimes 11 men behind the ball in the first half we did not need 4 at the back and two holding midfielders and 1 main striker.

I sit in the stand. I think I'm getting a better strategic view. he should come and sit with mebangin.gif

Yes well yesterday hacked me off. Have been to all the recent games and was willing to give the manager a chance in the hope he will learn for the next game. It's not happening though is it ? So I have not read on the forum rules that one is not to change ones mind. Do I need your permission ?

You need mine. Permission grantedthumbup2.gif

I keep hearing we have the third best team in the league.... we do have some good players, no doubt, so it can only be tactics of management holding us back. Having said that, we have seen a steady decline through a succession of managers in our ability to attack effectively. Absolutely no pace. Watching pensioner thommo break on the left and pass a delightful box into the box to find non one in support was just laughable. I would take any other manager in this league as every other team, part time or otherwise has the savvy to attack with pace and support. Alloa throughout this game cartman.gif looked far more dangerous in attack. Absolutely unbelieveable. And yet, I do not see the board getting rid of these two...for money reasons and we prepare for another relegation battle. If I did not have a season ticket I would not be going back.sad.png

it's a fallacy that this team is better than most others in the league. Too many over 30s and under 22s and the guys in between can only aspire to journeyman status. We have injury prone players who have never really delivered in the last 6 years wherever they were and some guys who are just poor.

lookin at the pool

ST is seemingly only capable of short games and not every one at that. All the skils are still there but proving too short of pace to use them effectively in his current role. If Murray laid down the condition that he had to be prepared to go down the middle for 90 minutes every game when he offered the contract then Thommo should not have taken it.

Goodwin is currently playing well and screwing the nut, he is currently showing Thommo how to adapt with age.

webster has not had the effect on his defence that was expected

Gow is a good player who might manage 3-6 games a season, if that

Carswell, Agnew, Watson-No comment

Kelly-never been the same player since DL left

Mallan, good in bursts but inconsistent

McMullen-good going forward with the ball at his feet but struggling with his lack of physique at present

Shankland-looks like there might be something there

Gallagher-ditto

Langfield-doing better than I expected but still prone to the odd lapse of concentration

Baird is going backwards, it seems, but that is the problem with young players. He needs a rest but there is little we can do in our squad to accommodate that.

So somebody please tell me, where is the quality? I mean in a currently usable form and not what certain players might have been before or how good some youngsters potentially are

Yup, all this talk of squad and team , and oh our potential , blah de blah...............really ????

Table does not lie, one win in nine games , sitting twenty points off the top, two above a play off spot.

Presently we shade Alloa and Livingston , who have managed to draw and beat us this season.

We are shit at the present moment, and the stench gets worse week by week.

St Mirren need to put a run of four or five wins together on the stretch to persuade most observers they have any potential at all in making a fist of it this season

Edited by Seaside Nipper

Though it is sad to say, I think we are stuck with these two ejits. Either an unwillingness to act or lack of payoff money is holding the BoD back. Whilst I believe the BoD have the best of intentions, I think their judgement is severely clouded with the lack of sale. Get Danny back with Gus as his side kick, the two managers with the most success in the last how many years, no?

Edited by melmac

it's a fallacy that this team is better than most others in the league. Too many over 30s and under 22s and the guys in between can only aspire to journeyman status. We have injury prone players who have never really delivered in the last 6 years wherever they were and some guys who are just poor.

lookin at the pool

ST is seemingly only capable of short games and not every one at that. All the skils are still there but proving too short of pace to use them effectively in his current role. If Murray laid down the condition that he had to be prepared to go down the middle for 90 minutes every game when he offered the contract then Thommo should not have taken it.

Goodwin is currently playing well and screwing the nut, he is currently showing Thommo how to adapt with age.

webster has not had the effect on his defence that was expected

Gow is a good player who might manage 3-6 games a season, if that

Carswell, Agnew, Watson-No comment

Kelly-never been the same player since DL left

Mallan, good in bursts but inconsistent

McMullen-good going forward with the ball at his feet but struggling with his lack of physique at present

Shankland-looks like there might be something there

Gallagher-ditto

Langfield-doing better than I expected but still prone to the odd lapse of concentration

Baird is going backwards, it seems, but that is the problem with young players. He needs a rest but there is little we can do in our squad to accommodate that.

So somebody please tell me, where is the quality? I mean in a currently usable form and not what certain players might have been before or how good some youngsters potentially are

Every thing you say is true AND we still have the third best squad in the league.

Our squad has some decent players but totally imbalanced with no depth.

Gow, Conlan, Carswell, Agnew and Howieson are all ineffective (and bar Conlan all friggin midfield players).

We have next to no cover in defence if anyone else gets injured. I think Watson's contract is up in January when hopefully Naismith is back - one in and one out.

We have loads of young boys and four old pros. No mid-twenty players at their prime.

This is not a squad that has a proper mix of experience throughout the team. Not a squad that has options in defence and a squad that has loads of midfield players who are useless. We have a decent starting 9 but that's about it for me.

Our squad has some decent players but totally imbalanced with no depth.

Gow, Conlan, Carswell, Agnew and Howieson are all ineffective (and bar Conlan all friggin midfield players).

We have next to no cover in defence if anyone else gets injured. I think Watson's contract is up in January when hopefully Naismith is back - one in and one out.

We have loads of young boys and four old pros. No mid-twenty players at their prime.

This is not a squad that has a proper mix of experience throughout the team. Not a squad that has options in defence and a squad that has loads of midfield players who are useless. We have a decent starting 9 but that's about it for me.

I seem to be in a minority, but I don't think Watson is quite as bad as some folk make him out to be.

This is the squad that Murray picked!

He had carte blanche, and he has f**ked up royally. Cant anyone see he is out of his depth? He knows f**k all about building a team, he is clutching at straws. Signing Gow, Conlan and Howiesson proved that.

Gow played the old sevco pals card... As did Thommo.

He had Conlan and Howieson on trial for ages, they showed nothing but he still signed them because they were from Burnley...

Carswell ismon every team sheet, but try finding a comment about him in a game.

Agnew..... Well,they must be pissing themselves on the Rock about him and Spalders.

I seem to be in a minority, but I don't think Watson is quite as bad as some folk make him out to be.

Watson is ok for me as well. I just mean when Naismith returns then Watson goes still leaving no defensive cover.

And I meant to say some of our Development squad are decent like Stewart and Morgan but we need more experienced players in the squad.

This is the squad that Murray picked!

Carswell ismon every team sheet, but try finding a comment about him in a game.

Carswell is like big Kirk a player of limited ability. Kirk however had limited ability at international level, I wouldn't even play Carswell at junior level. Waste of a jersey with Goodwin doing what Carswell was brought in to do.

Watson was a panic buy to cover for Jason and his second touch is usually a tackle trying to win the ball back.

Agnew was highly rated by Dumbarton fans, although I'd imagine you're right about Spalders though as he is a total joke.

Why ?.. I just don't get this abuse he's getting, does anyone know exactly what he's doing

that's so wrong, Murray choose him, picks and sets out the team, if not why are we paying

this dud a wage, the buck stops with Murray he's the joke, Spalding's nothing more than a

scapegoat for frustrated fans...