Two Of Glasgow Spfl Clubs Wish To Leave Us

shull

Can they not go now ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34406891

The Top League up here would be fabulous with none of them in it.

Presently, one Team can win the Premiership.

Soon it will be just two.

Without them , there is a chance any of the twelve could be Champions of Scotland.

Edited by shull

Can they not go now ?

Without them , there is a chance any of the twelve could be Champions of Scotland.

We'll never be rid of the stench.

One went in a big way only to be replaced by a feckin' tribute act that it's predecessors supporters just make out is the same .

From 2001 http://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/jul/27/newsstory.sport12

Old Firm managers Dick Advocaat and Martin O'Neill, and Rangers chairman David Murray, have combined to back an Old Firm move to the English Premiership.

Same old, same old, once a year, every year for as long as I can remember - sadly I can't see it ever happening.

Pair of cnuts. EPL needs them about as much as Volkswagen needs some more bad publicity. Can anyone imagine the likes of Everton, Spurs, Swansea, West Ham or Southampton voting for two cnuts like those to join their cash-rich party and make their fight for success even more difficult? More chance of seeing StuDick vote SNP.

Dermott Desmond is a gobshite, and I hope he plays like a fanny at the Dunhill Cup and gets gubbed. To be fair to Desmond though, at least he's invited to the Dunhill Cup. Honest Dave King has been invited to the Petrofac Sunday Medal at Barshaw.

There. That feels better.

From 2001 http://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/jul/27/newsstory.sport12

Same old, same old, once a year, every year for as long as I can remember - sadly I can't see it ever happening.

From 2002 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/3027628/Desmond-leads-Old-Firm-push-to-move-south.html

Same old, same old Dermott Desmond.............

The annual 'we're better than everybody' borefest. I would have more respect for the man if he put his wealth behind a football club or two back in his native Ireland. But, no, no better to be just another glory hunter.

Just a thought, he's such a diehard but how many times does he show up for games at the likes of Perth or Inverness? No personal benefit in being seen there...only interested in showing face at the likes of the San Siro or Old Trafford.

Pair of cnuts. EPL needs them about as much as Volkswagen needs some more bad publicity. Can anyone imagine the likes of Everton, Spurs, Swansea, West Ham or Southampton voting for two cnuts like those to join their cash-rich party and make their fight for success even more difficult? More chance of seeing StuDick vote SNP.

Dermott Desmond is a gobshite, and I hope he plays like a fanny at the Dunhill Cup and gets gubbed. To be fair to Desmond though, at least he's invited to the Dunhill Cup. Honest Dave King has been invited to the Petrofac Sunday Medal at Barshaw.

There. That feels better.

pretty sure the epl is no longer called this and is now known as the pl ,as they want to be playing games in foreign countries and attract outside sponsorship so dropped the e bit in case anybody from china or Qatar or anyother football stronghold thought it was in e

Can they not go now ?

them leaving the league wouldn't make much difference, all the things you dislike about them would still be prevalent in our country.

Get the thread title changed, shull, 2 of the Glasgow clubs want to leave. Thistle are happy where they are. Unless they've moved fom Glasgow????

Maybe Wee Baldy's Team want to move tae. That could be 3.

even if they could play in England, the media up here would still be full of their shite - but UEFA would never sanction it because then it would be a free-for-all with top Portuguese clubs wanting to play in spain, austria's finest in the bundeslega, etc.

What would be funny is if they got to the EPL and then all the top English clubs left to join some Euro-elite league and took all the sponsorship with them. Oh, how I would chortle. Be even funnier if the Scottish champions were invited to join (I know, I said elite).

Most of my Celtic supporting mates think that no top 10/12/14 European League could be possible without them. Stop laughing as they really believe it! I find the best way to shut them up is to point out they are a Southampton feeder club these days. Really pisses them off

They are funny, though. Do I need to stop laughing? :)

But, I suppose, they do have their 657bn worldwide fanbase that makes them a bigger draw.

I'm unconvinced.

What makes you think that cos Rangers is DEID, that half of its fans would start supporting Celtic? :unsure: