Cyclists Blatantly Breaking The Law

shull

Of course you can. You're a certified fruitcake who'll be the first to complain when a van coming the other way knocks you off your bike. lol.gif

I said it depended on the circumstances.

Its now allowed in Paris in certain scenarios.

A van wouldn't be coming the other way in those scenarios.

As usual, you jump in without actually knowing what you are talking about.

You sad, angry, bearded loner

I cycle quite a lot when home however notice more and more cyclists do not cycle at the side of the road holding up traffic. It's a big problem around the busy roads of Largs . It happens a lot on Bute also though the roads are very quite here so not much of a problem here. Get frustrated with it around Largs though.

I cycle quite a lot when home however notice more and more cyclists do not cycle at the side of the road holding up traffic. It's a big problem around the busy roads of Largs . It happens a lot on Bute also though the roads are very quite here so not much of a problem here. Get frustrated with it around Largs though.

cyclists should be given the same room as motorists and are encouraged to leave around a car's width between themselves and the road edge. It's only frustrating if you lack patience.

a few weeks ago i was cycling along a short section of road with a 750mm edge to allow for large drains, the edge of the usable road is marked with a white line and even cyclists need to stay on the right of it. A car passed me by no more than 6 inches and the passenger yelled to me to get in the "cycle lane". The car was then stopped 50 metres up the road at lights. I cycled up alongside and chapped the window and could hear the driver telling the passenger (both men) not to open the window. It was hilarious to see them bottle it after the big talk but it's a serious point. Most road users know feck all about the rules of the road or road markings and a high percentage of drivers are aggressive towards cyclists. These two guys could easily have killed me with their bravado

cyclists should be given the same room as motorists and are encouraged to leave around a car's width between themselves and the road edge. It's only frustrating if you lack patience.

a few weeks ago i was cycling along a short section of road with a 750mm edge to allow for large drains, the edge of the usable road is marked with a white line and even cyclists need to stay on the right of it. A car passed me by no more than 6 inches and the passenger yelled to me to get in the "cycle lane". The car was then stopped 50 metres up the road at lights. I cycled up alongside and chapped the window and could hear the driver telling the passenger (both men) not to open the window. It was hilarious to see them bottle it after the big talk but it's a serious point. Most road users know feck all about the rules of the road or road markings and a high percentage of drivers are aggressive towards cyclists. These two guys could easily have killed me with their bravado

I'm just surprised you stopped at the lights. .....

Saw 4 or 5 cyclists today heading north near invergordon. I was going south. There were over 100 vehicles queued up behind them. That's just selfish mindlessness, and inviting idiots to overtake dangerously. It's not as though they couldn't pull in for a drink or breather and let it clear...

If cars build up behind my bus, I let them pass (I'm on a limiter). I see no sense in holding up locals wanting to just do their daily drudge of a commute.

Falkirk Cycle Club were similarly wanky and selfish a few Sundays ago, southbound between Callander and Stirling. Grrrrr :angry:

I'm not blaming cyclists per se.

Just wanky selfish road users.

Edited by bluto

Spell checking? Typo? What the f**k are you talking about now?

I was pointing out your obvious inability to remember what you have just written. Your ability to contradict yourself in a single post is quite impressive, actually.

#thichasfcuk

Why bother explaining? All it needs is the last bit...

Spell checking? Typo? What the f**k are you talking about now?

I was pointing out your obvious inability to remember what you have just written. Your ability to contradict yourself in a single post is quite impressive, actually.

#thichasfcuk

On another thread he was whining about receiving abuse from other forum posters.

Then he calls you a "fukcing simpleton". lol.gif

It's worth repeating.

He may be #thichasfcuk but he's OUR #thichasfcuk.

Right I'm away back to shampooing my beard.

I have one apparently.

Don't know why I bother pampering myself though - given that I'm also a loner by all accounts.

Living a few streets away from the Southern General / Queen Elizabeth II University Hospital, we get lots of cyclists in the sidestreets taking liberties... cycling along the pavements and jumping out across the road from inbetween parked cars, cycling on the wrong side of the road, hardly anyone signals when they are turning right from Peninver Drive into Burghead Place to head for the cycle lane for the Clyde Tunnel. There were be an accident here before long, and not just because of cyclists. Glasgow City Council's 15 months of roadworks costing £millions for the Fastlink route has been one monumental failure and made that route and surrounding streets more dangerous. By removing the roundabout at Moss Road and replacing them with traffic lights that take over 2 minutes to change from red to green they have turned Peninver Drive and Burghead Place into a rat run for drivers too impatient to wait at the lights, and who take a short cut at speed through these streets, swerving in out past double parked cars and part of the junction at Peninver Drive and Burghhead Place is often blocked by cars parking down the middle of the street (due to GCC removing parking space on Govan Road and forcing more people to use the sidestreets).

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

As I wrote I cycle and do so at the side of the road have yet to hold up any car. The ones I'm writing about cycle three abreast holding up to 20 odd cars. Going back to school days police teach people on bikes to cycle at the side of the road.

Saw 4 or 5 cyclists today heading north near invergordon. I was going south. There were over 100 vehicles queued up behind them. That's just selfish mindlessness, and inviting idiots to overtake dangerously. It's not as though they couldn't pull in for a drink or breather and let it clear...

If cars build up behind my bus, I let them pass (I'm on a limiter). I see no sense in holding up locals wanting to just do their daily drudge of a commute.

Falkirk Cycle Club were similarly wanky and selfish a few Sundays ago, southbound between Callander and Stirling. Grrrrr mad.gif

I'm not blaming cyclists per se.

Just wanky selfish road users.

When I were a lad , we would ride two abreast as a club and single out for other traffic as required . .

Times have changed and due to deaths in recent years of cyclists ( I don't mean the guys on bikes , like the one that nearly took me out this morning when I came out of the butchers onto the pavement) who were on there own , it is deemed safer to ride as a bunch . Most cyclist will know of someone , indeed if it hasn't happened to them personally , who has been killed or seriously injured by an inattentive motorist , Christ it even happened to the Knighted one . All that does is harden attitudes . .

As a motorist , I see my fellow motorist blatantly defying the Highway Code almost , at every opportunity . I remember the days when lorry drivers were known as the knights of the road but those days are well gone , they even cut each other up , big style . .

We live in a very selfish society now and people do things on the road that they would never do if they actually had to face you. .

On a happier note , I drove through Edinburgh one day during the Fringe and was amazed by the politeness of some of the Hackney drivers. .phone.gif

As I wrote I cycle and do so at the side of the road have yet to hold up any car. The ones I'm writing about cycle three abreast holding up to 20 odd cars. Going back to school days police teach people on bikes to cycle at the side of the road.

Back in the seventies , I was cycling behind two of my mates , the two Andy's , on Renfrew Road (dual carriageway) , so they are two abreast and I'm sitting behind the gap between them . A double decker bus came past with the door open and the driver hurled abuse at as . For the life of me , I couldn't tell you a word the mutant actually said but what happened next was that the Andy who was closet to the bus , gave what was known as the Harvey Smith's to the driver . As the bus pulled away he attempted to move over and squeeze us off the road . .

Further up the road, bus has stopped at a bus stop and as we pass the bus the driver jumps out and pulls my mate Andy off of his bike . Now we are talking about a 15yr old kid being assaulted by a guy that was probably 40yrs anyway . We reported the matter at Mill St and a few nights later a couple of cuntstables came to my house for a statement . They also told me that the driver claimed we were cycling 3 abreast !!

I can honestly say that in all my years this lifetime I have never seen cyclists riding 3 abreast on the open road . It would be insane to even attempt that. .

I knew what you were trying to say but I just thought I'd have some lighthearted banter (hence the smiley) with what you wrote.

And, while we're on the subject, there shouldn't be a space before a comma and the accepted convention is "...", not ". .". whistling.gif:

I'll be doing Bluto out of a job.

smile.png

You are bluto's , Nationalist ego . . whistling.gif

Conventions , are changing all the time , believe me , I'm getting e-mails about them every other weak . .snore.gif

shuriken.gif

I knew what you were trying to say but I just thought I'd have some lighthearted banter (hence the smiley) with what you wrote.

And, while we're on the subject, there shouldn't be a space before a comma and the accepted convention is "...", not ". .". whistling.gif:

I'll be doing Bluto out of a job.

smile.png

You are bluto's , Nationalist ego . . whistling.gif

Conventions , are changing all the time , believe me , I'm getting e-mails about them every other weak . .snore.gif

shuriken.gif

Oi!

I have feelings, you know. :(

• 3 months later...