Cyclists Blatantly Breaking The Law

shull

WHEN THEY ARE DRIVING THEIR CARS !!!!!

Why do they do it ?

They put Bike Racks on the rear of their Cars then strap their cycles to them.

COMPLETELY COVERING THEIR MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION NUMBER

ILLEGAL !!!!

The last 10 I have seen .....

8 have number plate hidden

1 number plate was partially hidden with just the strapping.

1 was legal.

They must know it's against the Law.

One dafty I noticed a few months had written his Regi Number in black marker onto brown cardboard and tied it onto his bike.

ILLEGAL TAE.

I have never heard or seen of any of them being done by the Police.

if you ever put down your daily mail long enough you should apply to join the police

The police have enough on their hands with taxi drivers who break the rules by not wearing a collar and tie whilst at work

I do that cycle every day and I can see the rationale of cyclists going through red lights depending on the circumstances.

Problems I encounter include motorists cutting across you at traffic lights from the opposite direction and coming from behind and attempting to overtake whilst turning left! Its as if normal rules of the road don't apply if its a cyclist!

Also, pedestrians crossing when its a red man and its 'only' a cyclist coming down the road.

The other issue is that sections of PRW gave parked cars so you have to move into the right lane in order to avoid getting 'doored'. You then get irate motorists at your backside or trying to squeeze by impossible gaps... And for what? You end up overtaking these aholes at the approach to the next set of traffic lights.

Bus drivers and taxi drivers are the worst.

The entire left hand lane of PRW needs to be turned into a cycle lane.

The law needs to be changed such that cyclists have the right of way all the time.

And any b'stard that stops their car on the cyclists section at traffic lights should be jailed.

I frequently jump the lights whilst cycling-it is often the safe thing to do. the car drivers get to see the direction you are headed in more quickly and you get to take up your road position more safely. Especially when cars encroach on the cyclist's reservation.

i do it to help the drivers, who might be confused by not being able to read the daily mail whilst driving and therefore not benefit from Littlejohn telling them how to think

I frequently jump the lights whilst cycling-it is often the safe thing to do. the car drivers get to see the direction you are headed in more quickly and you get to take up your road position more safely. Especially when cars encroach on the cyclist's reservation.

i do it to help the drivers, who might be confused by not being able to read the daily mail whilst driving and therefore not benefit from Littlejohn telling them how to think

Indeed.

Motorists sitting texting or reading their phones at traffic lights is another annoyance. The light turns green but no one moves. And when u eventually get through, the cars coming the other direction and turning right starting cutting across you.

I'd ban all cars on PRW.

Folk need to be forced out their cars and onto bikes.

It would cut down on the obesity crisis and folk with heart trouble... These selfish bstards are the real cause of the problems in the NHS.

Indeed.

Motorists sitting texting or reading their phones at traffic lights is another annoyance. The light turns green but no one moves. And when u eventually get through, the cars coming the other direction and turning right starting cutting across you.

I'd ban all cars on PRW.

Folk need to be forced out their cars and onto bikes.

It would cut down on the obesity crisis and folk with heart trouble... These selfish bstards are the real cause of the problems in the NHS.

OIt would also cut down on the drain on the NHS cused by taxi drivers with bum problems. We'd save millions on the reduced bill for pile-ectomies. The environmental benefits from preventing their leaking Dukes contaminating the plush velour seats of a thousand Skodas would also be enormous.

i get my new E-bike soon, meaning I am back out of the car for my 50-mile each-way daily commute, using a combination of cycling and public transport instead. I'm thoroughly looking forward to it.

if you ever put down your daily mail long enough you should apply to join the police

The police have enough on their hands with taxi drivers who break the rules by not wearing a collar and tie whilst at work

You're my favourite,B.O K.

You will just disagree or be negative with my posts, just because.

I would wear a shirt and tie if I was required.

I am a Private Hire Driver under Glasgow City Council and there are no rules regarding shirt and tie.

Anyway you must agree with me that

IT IS GREAT TO BE A ST MIRREN FAN.

I witnessed three cyclists across the day , today, simply cycling straight through traffic lights, whilst at red.

Wtf do they do that then adopt the moral high ground when you encroach on their wee special quarantine box.

They behave like twats, no wonder car drivers have problems respecting them and their holier than thou virtuous road using mentality.

Cyclists are no better or worse than drivers.

Too many twats of both colours.

I must try and licence my bicycle to be my new Private Hire Vehicle.

Roll on the Winter.

Captain and BOK

Superb double act.

Brightened up my afternoon on Cardonald's famous Paisley Road West.

Ta Dudes.

Lol

You're my favourite,B.O K.

You will just disagree or be negative with my posts, just because.

I would wear a shirt and tie if I was required.

I am a Private Hire Driver under Glasgow City Council and there are no rules regarding shirt and tie.

Anyway you must agree with me that

IT IS GREAT TO BE A ST MIRREN FAN.

I was having a joke, a paisley driver told me he got a sanction of some sort from the polis for not wearing his tie

he still didnae get a tip, except to say that using the tie to hold his trousers up didnae count

I was having a joke, a paisley driver told me he got a sanction of some sort from the polis for not wearing his tie

he still didnae get a tip, except to say that using the tie to hold his trousers up didnae count

Indeed, you have been in a humorous mood all afternoon. Keep it up.

I believe the Airport Taxi Drivers have to wear Shirt and Tie.

Cyclists are no better or worse than drivers.

Too many twats of both colours.

dont see many people being killed by cyclist on the roads..been a couple in johnstone alone this year one in particular at the lights at thorn brae..guy trying to beat lights =1 dead person..

dont see many people being killed by cyclist on the roads..been a couple in johnstone alone this year one in particular at the lights at thorn brae..guy trying to beat lights =1 dead person..

Down to the size of weapon.

Not the individual cyclist or motorist.

Hope you get a £30 fine one day :)

Hope you get a £30 fine one day smile.png

I used to cycle years ago with a guy called Jim Condron who at one point had been in a very successful Scottish rock band. He once jumped the lights at Irvine Cross in front of a cop car . The cops pulled him over and told him what they had seen . Jim told them that he always did that ! They booked him and he even gave them his right details . .lol.gif

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Anything that winds up all the frustrated Michael Schumacher Taxi-Driving fraternity is to be applauded!

Imagine of all the road users out there.... Taxi drivers should be the ones to highlight the deficiencies of others?

The safe driving, and courteous road users forum would like to thank the sponsors of this post "Ronnie f**king Pickering Cabs" for their continued patronage of the keep Barnsley Roads Safe From Moronic Cabbies Campaign.

I do that cycle every day and I can see the rationale of cyclists going through red lights depending on the circumstances.

Of course you can. You're a certified fruitcake who'll be the first to complain when a van coming the other way knocks you off your bike. lol.gif

That may be true but you see many injuries on paths shared between cyclists and pedestrians.

Try walking in Cambridge on a sunny day. A cure for constipation if there ever was one.

This is an interesting wee article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33773868

I've recently started cycling to work via Paisley Road West and I was quite surprised at the aggressiveness of drivers in general. The best part is when traffic stops and cars ahead deliberately stop as close to the pavement as possible to block my way. I just cycle up, get off my bike and walk my bike past them on the pavement for the length of their car. Then I jump back on the road again in front of them.

Amuses me no end...

Yeh, we know.

#thichasfcuk

You have to admit, he's top quality entertainment lol.gif

I wonder if he wears lycra whilst out on his bike?

THAT should be banned.

Imagine wearing something so thin that it goes see through when you bend over.

Almost lost my breakfast at the lights this morning.

You can't get lycra to stretch over 20 stone of capacious ass without something giving.