Can We Make Play Offs?

can we still get a play-off place?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i hear what you are saying TC but surely it would take a 'super-ally' level of ineptitude to finish outside the top four, even after our pish start to the season! As has been alluded to on many threads, we have the third best squad in the division. I think the next round of ties will be make or break for IM. He does need to lose Spalding though

I think it's more likely we will finish 9th or 10th than 4th or above sadly.

In all likelihood we will finish in neither playoff and end up between 5th and 8th.

What a mess Murray has made of the season so far.

Why are you so negative this season? When it was clear we were going down like the Titanic at this time last season you were predicting we would be fine?

Of course we can, that doesn't mean we will

I'm not sure what you are doing on here if you voted "no"

On paper , Murray has done a lot more in football than I ever have but it has been plain to see that he has made some glaring mistakes and has been incapable of being able to change things for the better during match play . .

I'd like to think that he is still on some sort of learning curve and he is going to get the team playing more cohesively but unfortunately , based on what I have already seen , I'm no longer convinced that this will take place . Whilst we should be able to get a resounding 1-0 win tomorrow , the fact that we have failed to win at home so far this season , doesn't bode well for that happening . .

If we don't win , Murray will be under a lot of pressure but I don't think the Club can afford to do anything about it and it would be a potential disaster to promote his underling . .

I think the possibility of reaching a play off (top end) place will be known by five o clock tomorrow.

Failure to win will indicate we are likely to replicate the same results in the next three quarters of the season, and therfor be a contender for relegation or bottom end play off.

I hope and pray that its not the case, and we start to produce performances and pick up points, that said Murray has thus far shown he is incapable of making tactical changes to win, or see out a game from a winning position. And a string of his signings have shown thus far theynare not up to the standard required to get us to fourth place in a league agsinst part time opposition.

Lets be honest with ourselves and face reality, if we fail to beat Alloa at home, we will be fighting relegation based on our performances and results. Queen of The South needed 60 points to claim fourth place last year..... If we lose or draw tomorrow based on our points gained thus far we would be looking at 24 - 27 point total at season end which is relegation territory.

Hope Danny has a shocker tomorrow.

I voted Yes, the simple matter is that we have had a dire start to the season with only a few glimpes of how we can play during the first quarter of the season, albeit it will finish with a win against Alloa tommorrow. The team and Ian Murray know how badly they have let the fans down and for that reason providing Ian Murray does not change the team to much and their is no more injuries, the play will get better. I fully expect us to start climbing the league from now on and to finish fourth in the league, unfortunately although I see us getting into the play-offs I really do not think we will get promotion and if we do I can envisage us coming straight back down. By the way in getting beat during the play-offs and coming straight back down I hope that part I have got wrong.

Oh the joys of supporting St.Mirren, you just never know how things will turn out.

I mean taking the question in a literal sense, of course we could make the promotion playoffs. It would take a massive turn around in form and performance levels, but it's certainly possible.

The more pertinent question is not can we make them, but will we make them.

And all available evidence points to no I'm afraid.