Murray...yer Tea Is Oot!

I'm only asking the questions Stuart... making no claims.

You made a statement and all I have asked for is some justification behind the thinking.

Still struggling with your logic though. However much you try to skip the bad chapter, as far as I see it that is the very relevant one.

The problems you say he faced are ones that any Saints manager will face... yet you admit his failings in the face of them led to his dismissal.

Are St Mirren £6m in debt and on the brink of administration? I must have missed that. :rolleyes:

Are St Mirren £6m in debt and on the brink of administration? I must have missed that. :rolleyes:

Deflection is surely beneath a man of your intelect Stuart. :rolleyes:

You again choose to ignore valid concerns. Quelle surprise.

Even in the face of that debt, I'd be willing to hazard a guess that his budget wouldn't be too dissimilar to the current Saints one.

What I'm more interested in is what he got out of the players he had at his disposal.

Relegation and disappointment would seem to be your answer even after dressing it up.

Deflection is surely beneath a man of your intelect Stuart. rolleyes.gif

You again choose to ignore valid concerns. Quelle surprise.

Even in the face of that debt, I'd be willing to hazard a guess that his budget wouldn't be too dissimilar to the current Saints one.

What I'm more interested in is what he got out of the players he had at his disposal.

Relegation and disappointment would seem to be your answer even after dressing it up.

Why would I need to dress anything up? In 51 matches in Scotland Kenny won 16. When you consider only one of them was in the First Division it's a pretty impressive return. Then when you add to that the fact that he took Dunfermline to a Scottish Cup Final, and the Challenge Cup Final and had the club qualify for Europe I really can't see how anyone could describe him as having a similar record to Tommy Craig or Ian Murray.

Then when you look at the wider picture and see that the man has managed 7 clubs and you look at his record you can see just how ridiculous the claim being made by the clueless clique is that Kenny is similar to Craig or Murray.

Longford Town - whom he got promoted to the Irish Premiership, took to an FAI Cup Final and as a result qualified for Europe.

Bohemians - whom he took to an FAI Cup Final within months of taking over. In the next season he won the Irish Premier League, qualified for Europe and in his third season they finished runners up in the league.

Derry City - Won the FAI Cup, two League Cups, and whom he progressed to the Third Round of European competition for the first time in the clubs history defeating Gretna 5-0 and Gothenburg before drawing 0-0 at home with PSG and eventually losing the tie 2-0 in Paris. He also finished 2nd in the Irish Premier League twice - the second time on goal difference only, all in just 3 seasons.

Dunfermline - I've covered that - runners up in the Scottish Cup and runners up in the Challenge Cup during just 1 year in charge. Qualified for Europe.

Derry City (again) - got the promoted back to the Irish Premiership in his first season - the club having gone into administration the year before.

Shamrock Rovers - finished 4th in the only season he finished there.

Dundalk - In 2013 he finished runner up in the league, then won the league and cup double in 2014 and is on the brink of doing the double again in 2015.

He's always done well with the players at his disposal BinEK. Since the age of 27 he's been a successful manager.

Stephen Kenny :lol:

Not to mention the alleged off field shenanigans.......

Was that the alleged impropriety at the Dundalk Lovely Girls contest where he was a judge or the money that was 'resting' in his account?

Or am I confusing him with another comedy character from the Emerald Isle?

Was that the alleged impropriety at the Dundalk Lovely Girls contest where he was a judge or the money that was 'resting' in his account?

What's that got to do with him being a talented football manager. whistling.gif

We need to stop this ship from sinking any lower and i don't think we can gamble and hope that Ian Murray will get it right... This is based entirely in what I've witnessed from his team this season, i don't care about his record at Dumbarton because surprisingly i didn't go to watch them for the last 2 years. He's had the luxury of working with full time footballers and good training facilities at our club and the hope from the BOD was that he would flourish as a manager with these improved working conditions. I really hoped that he would show us a glimmer of hope that he was forging a team that could challenge at the top end of the league but the Alloa game was the last straw and he's looking for different excuses every week. We can still save our season but only if we change the management team because i have little confidence that Ian Murray and Spalding will be able to turn this season into a successful one.

Maybe we could use the celtic money to pay these clowns off. How much do you think it would take to get rid of them? Sadly I don't think we will have money in reserve for such a scenario. The celtic money was probably used to fund Langfield, Shankland and Gallagher plus watson to replace injured Naismith.

It really is depressing stuff.

Edited by Mr Zo

Oh dear. Well lets just hope Alex Ferguson doesn't become interested in the St Mirren job anytime soon. Can you imagine the flak from the clueless clique on here. You'd have BinEK telling us all that it's all very well that he won European Championship trophies with one of the Worlds Richest Clubs, and that it's his record at St Mirren that we're more interested in. The highest he ever got St Mirren was 8 place with a win record less than 30%.....therefore he's no better than Danny Lennon :rolleyes: ScottD would be citing rumours about Alex Fergusons generosity to a certain groundsman, unauthorised payments to players or alleged improprieties exposed by the BBC a number of years ago that suggested that Ferguson was bunging his agent son a pile of club cash. Rabinho would be citing the fact that Ferguson never got East Stirling promoted in his one season at that club.

To claim that Kenny is no better than Murray or Craig is laughable in the extreme.

Yes you are confusing him with the other guy

hardly surprising, given the similarity of the allegations

Other confusion could arise if there truth in the rumour that his predicament was also similar to that of Bishop Len Brennan and the wee memento he left behind on holiday

Whether we should sack Murray or not is irrelevent because there is no way the board will fork out the money to sack him and bring in another manager for the 2nd season in a row. They are still trying to sell a club with a plummeting value and won't invest even more money.

Edited by irvine_buddie

We are still only a couple of wins away from turning this around

NEWSFLASH - Ian Murray inherited a shambles. I believe he will turn it round. Also - am disappointed and frustrated as anyone else here, I've not been watching 11 other guys to what you've been watching, aware of how rough a ride it has been. We've already had 5 managers in 5 years let's not bay for the execution of a (third) decent one !

Sorry, he inherited a good budget and some good-ish players who needed some leadership, not a shambles.

he was only disadvantaged in relation to the rangers and hibs managers in this league. Everyone else had to make several signings from where they could

he was also appointed before the end of last season, so had time to prepare (even if the official start date was delayed a little)

Stuff the idea that we needed to focus on rebuilding-it just doesnt happen in this league where returns diminish for every season you stay down in it. You need to hit the ground hard and running in this league and it seems he never got that-despite "knowing" this division

Good on him for trying, but he has let us down

4 wins in god knows how many games is not a good stat

I heard Murray got the message about "his tea being oot"... It All,looked good as he approached a plate of potatoes. Onions and corned beef on thev table, but then he backed off, ran up and doon the stairs and really just made a hash of it..!

It all looked so good too in Spalding's bespoke series of diagrams giving a helicopter overview of the full tea setting shooting match.

That's what to do sack the man Murray appointed n tell him he's to get another assistant in that can manage the team great plan I'm sure he will be delighted with that.

If spalding goes Murray goes and vice versa.

Blaming his assistant for Murray being a terrible manager.

Poor poor

That may be one way to make Murray walk... sack Spalding. either way it's a win-win

He won't walk, the board have foolishly handed out a 2yr deal...TC, GT and IM, who gets the selection duties for the next manager lol! Why don't we all just keep our fingers crossed (like SG) in hoping this farce turns around.

Like when he put the club up for sale.