Murray...yer Tea Is Oot!

It's a sad state of affairs when I'm coming on here hoping to read that Murray has gone. How much longer will he be given? He seems to be deluded enough about his own ability which will prevent him from walking. Hope I'm wrong. We are far enough into the season and he's had enough chances but clearly doesn't know what he's doing. When you look at our squad there is certainly potential to build on but Murray is sucking the life out of them. It's easy to say Thommos finished but he has dropped a division and surely still has something to offer. Players like Morgan and Malian have great potential but only when handled correctly and played in their strongest position. My annoyance with Murray is more to do with his apparent belief that he is some sort of tactical genius. All the best coaches keep it simple and understand their players, and crucially the players understand their coach. Ours look lost

1 point out of a possible 21 against top 4 teams so far this season

Rangers 3 St Mirren 1

St Mirren 2 Falkirk 3

St Mirren 1 Raith Rovers 2

Hibs 1 St Mirren 1

Falkirk 3 St Mirren 0

St Mirren 0 Rangers 1

St Mirren 1 Hibs 4

W - 0 D - 1 L -6 F- 6 A- 17 GD - -11

After a tough start to the season where Murray could claim he didn't have Langfield, Webster and Shankland signed at the start of the season and those players would need time to gel before we could expect to see results improve there is no sign of any improvement a few months after they signed and indeed the margin of defeats against Falkirk and Hibs suggests that while other teams are hitting their stride and gelling we are still a shambles.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Murray's record - worse than Teale, TC, DL etc.. What kind of BOD cannot act in the light of this? What kind of message does this send to the players and fans that total failure is OK?

Not only is Murray's tea out - so is our season if he does not go NOW!!! Can we afford to drop any more stupid points?

We could probably drop lots more points and still stay up.

COYS

There is NO DOUBT we will drop more points - it is the number of them that we drop which will determine whether we get relegated or not. (I am sure you must know both these things)

If Murray continues at the same rate we are only dependent on 2 teams doing worse than us - sounds like our Premier League philosophy when there was always someone in more trouble than us - that is until last season (cause Ross County took evasive action) and look at where we are now!!

I am thinking this might not be the best philosophy.

I was critical of the appointment too and took a lot of flack on here, as usual, for it. I was even pressed for a name of a manager that I would have preferred to have seen appointed. I gave the name Stephen Kenny and that was again greeted with much ridicule from the usual clueless clique. They claimed I should back Murray, get off his case, give him a chance etc, etc....Well one win from 9 matches says it all really, doesn't it. rolleyes.gif

Kenny, just for the record, is currently the Dundalk manager who's side are 13 points clear at the top of the Irish Premier League having lost just one match of their 29 played to date. indeed Kenny's win ratio since being appointment manager at Dundalk in November 2012 stands at a hugely impressive 69.36%, winning 77 matches, drawing 16 and losing 18 in total. In his first season at Dundalk they finished 2nd, narrowly missing top spot. In his second season Dundalk won the League and the League Cup double. In his third it looks highly likely he'll do the league and cup double again - on Friday they made it through to the FAI Cup Final.

The reason people are not happy at the prospect of Stephen Kenny as manager is exactly that which you have stated - his impressive win ratio.

No way are the BOD going to be able to cope or be happy at having to pay out win bonuses so often. The fans too will not know what has hit them and they will be in meltdown.

We could probably drop lots more points and still stay up.

COYS

With Murray at the helm we are on a one way ticket to relegation. The guy is not a manager and nothing in his previous record with Dumbarton or with St Mirren suggests that he's got what it takes to be a success.

Time to be realistic Shull and admit that his appointment has been a disaster.

Travelling back in the car - Hey guess what another 2 points dropped tonight. Dumbarton managed 3 goals against Raith in the last 10 minutes we managed just 1.

Usual stats - they had 5 attempts on target (Langfield did well) we managed just 3 over the 90 minutes.

Murray away tomorrow ! ! !

We need a winner as our manager and some players who are far better than what we currently have. Goal scorers and creators are essential.

Murray said: Both sets of fans were booing a 1-1 draw on a Tuesday night so what chance have you got?"

Fans are entitled to their opinions, but without being patronising I think I know a bit more about football than them."

What an arsehole we have as a manager

That's it, he's finished.

Murray said: Both sets of fans were booing a 1-1 draw on a Tuesday night so what chance have you got?"

Fans are entitled to their opinions, but without being patronising I think I know a bit more about football than them."

I know this sounds harsh but I really do not like the guy one bit even just listening to him and his rubbish excuses makes me feel depressed.

The sooner he is shown the door the better.

Clown.

He has just signed his own death warrant.

If true (comment is in the s*n) then he's finished, even if he doesn't get the sack soon the fans will completely turn even the ones with unbelievable patience

I can't believe the position we are in, Murray was welcomed in, his signings (despite the delay for some) have been decent on paper, yet he's just an absolute shitebag tactically