Murray...yer Tea Is Oot!

The part that made me mad was it would be better if we had bet Morton and lost to Raith???? Wtf

How about you get your tactics right in both games and we win both!

The team is sharper by that I hope he means fitter!

What the article should say is St.Mirren are in this position because of my crap team selections crap tactics my crap substitutions. At half time I tell my player's to play 10 yards further back for 20 mins and then move them back another 5 yards after that...

We are starting to show signs! Sorry I go every week home and away and see the team getting worse! Granted he knows better than me!

And even if there is improvement why has it taken so long?

And yes Ian we are in for a tough game against Dumbarton a PART TIME team?

Ian the best option you can take to get St.Mirren into top table Playoff contention is by quiting!

Can you really imagine this clown being at the helm of a team challenging for promotion! No chance, he hasn't a clue what to do, the job is far too big. 15 games played and 12 points...fantastic eh, Murray really knows what he's doing and we should all be very optimistic based on previous form..

I agree, but a couple of victories will lift some of the gloom around the place. Hopefully the players morale would improve and we go on a roll. But you're right, should we lose on Saturday the BOD will have no choice.

By all accounts, Gilmour and Co have decided that enough is enough.

My worry is that Miller will be slotted in despite having had no impact whatsoever since coming in.

I hope not... However he will be on month to month contracts probably and therefore we could get rid of him easier and cheaper than Murray.

I hope not... However he will be on month to month contracts probably and therefore we could get rid of him easier and cheaper than Murray.

Yes you can be sure of 2 things - the solution will be cheap and Murray will be away by Monday evening.

Part Time Dumbarton would not take him back - let's face it who would?

Clear out and new signings in January - then at last some progress - how will we cope if we fans manage a couple of league wins in less than 16 matches?

Yes you can be sure of 2 things - the solution will be cheap and Murray will be away by Monday evening.

Part Time Dumbarton would not take him back - let's face it who would?

Clear out and new signings in January - then at last some progress - how will we cope if we fans manage a couple of league wins in less than 16 matches?

Party like we've won the league! I've forgotten what it's like to enjoy the football!

Party like we've won the league! I've forgotten what it's like to enjoy the football!

This topic will end soon - and that will be reason to party.

This topic started in very early October - 10 weeks have passed which have all been horrendous.

Most of the fans contributing to this already knew Murray was a complete DUD.

Even earlier this was expressed by a number of fans in other threads.

Let's hope the BOD realise their incompetence has devalued their shares.

Message to them - ITS TIME TO SPECULATE TO ACCUMULATE.

Invest in a decent manager and coach and some players who can create and score goals in the opposition net!!!

January window opens too soon - after all the intransigence of the last 3 months!

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER that SH*it managment

This topic will end soon - and that will be reason to party.

This topic started in very early October - 10 weeks have passed which have all been horrendous.

Most of the fans contributing to this already knew Murray was a complete DUD.

Even earlier this was expressed by a number of fans in other threads.

Let's hope the BOD realise their incompetence has devalued their shares.

Message to them - ITS TIME TO SPECULATE TO ACCUMULATE.

Invest in a decent manager and coach and some players who can create and score goals in the opposition net!!!

January window opens too soon - after all the intransigence of the last 3 months!

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER that SH*it managment

Let's hope the forum is very quiet till the end of the season, that usually means we're doing well and there's nothing to moan about.

This is part of the problem as I see it. Just how do you manage this "clear out"? Players are under contract and we simply don't have money to pay them off so, other than a wee bit of tinkering around the edges, the squad is what it is until the end of the season. Paying off shit players is part of the legacy left behind from the Lennon/Craig era and we have to stop that.

I'm not particularly getting at you here mate but in another post you talked about having to "speculate to accumulate" in terms of attracting a new gaffer and that's an ok sentiment unless you're the guys having to dig deep into his own pockets to fund the speculation.

Our BOD (and I'm not defending them btw) are not wealthy men in the mould of some of the other sugar daddy's across Scottish football with a few hundred grand to spare on their ego trip. Add to that, they want out and have been looking for a pay off for some time and it's unlikely they'll,be shelling out for the proven managerial talent that some people are hankering for.

It's not the St Mirren way anyhow. I've been following my team for almost 40 years and we haven't gone that route before and have enjoyed more success than any team at our level over that period with 2 major trophies, 2 other cup wins, 3 league titles and unforgettable European nights.

Any manager we look to bring in will likely be looking to prove themselves at a club of our size and hopefully with the right blend of football nous, inspirational leadership and blind luck he'll be able to bring some success to the club.

Let's hope so anyway.

Edited by DLBud

This is part of the problem as I see it. Just how do you manage this "clear out"? Players are under contract and we simply don't have money to pay them off so, other than a wee bit of tinkering around the edges, the squad is what it is until the end of the season. Paying off shit players is part of the legacy left behind from the Lennon/Craig era and we have to stop that.

I'm not particularly getting at you here mate but in another post you talked about having to "speculate to accumulate" in terms of attracting a new gaffer and that's an ok sentiment unless you're the guys having to dig deep into his own pockets to fund the speculation.

Our BOD (and I'm not defending them btw) are not wealthy men in the mould of some of the other sugar daddy's across Scottish football with a few hundred grand to spare on their ego trip. Add to that, they want out and have been looking for a pay off for some time and it's unlikely they'll,be shelling out for the proven managerial talent that some people are hankering for.

It's not the St Mirren way anyhow. I've been following my team for almost 40 years and we haven't gone that route before and have enjoyed more success than any team at our level over that period with 2 major trophies, 2 other cup wins, 3 league titles and unforgettable European nights.

Any manager we look to bring in will likely be looking to prove themselves at a club of our size and hopefully with the right blend of football nous, inspirational leadership and blind luck he'll be able to bring some success to the club.

Let's hope so anyway.

Appreciate the sentiment - I too have been there over this period and seen all the moments of success. BUT no one can argue with the fact that during the recent period where the BOD have made it clear they want out, they have been cutting the budget year on year and have reaped what they have sown.

A division lower providing less income in the league, and poorer possibilities in the cups etc. . A fan base that doesn't want to fork out for the cr*ap shit the management and below average players are producing etc. etc.

We don't need a sugar daddy - just some real proper businessmen with a clue about football related matters.

The BOD should be encouraging more youngsters to attend (free tickets with a paying adult)and various other ventures that bring in additional revenue - everything reasonable must be considered!!

There are players who will be out of contract too. Not sure who all, but McMulan, Shankland, REid and Watson (are on temporary contracts till January) McGrath, Conlan, and others could be punted on or farmed out to other clubs to save money - just like Ridgers has. (Personally I like Watson - but he has been injured a bit and that was his problem before he came - is he worth the risk ? The jury is out on him. Other teams work pay off deals to let folk go get another contract without having to pay the whole contract amount - Thompson if anyone would take him after 18 months of next to no goals?

I do not think the current budget is anywhere near last years - I know the income will be lower too, but if you sign cheap rubbish or too many kids... ok you get why were are where we are. A bit of quality goes a long way OR like the Morton's, QOS's etc. A decent manager gets the best out of guys who can play as a team with clear instructions from a decent leader.. Our squad lacks balance and goals. So getting goal scorers and creators are absolute necessities... unless we are just going to chance survival?

I think Miller will be creative IF he is given financial backing - but he needs a good coach to lighten the load. OR we need a new Manager and Coach

Edited by Sweeper07

I get it mate and I'm not disagreeing with you. Two short season ago there were five of us went home and away every week, with the exception of Dingwall and Inverness. Now? Only one hardy soul goes regularly to away games and the rest of us can barely muster enough enthusiasm to get to the homes games we've already paid for through our season tickets and that is what the BOD should be afraid of........core supporters turning away. I wonder how long it will be before one of us decides that the season ticket isn't worth it?

I'm over in Florida this week and, to be honest, didn't even know who we were playing until I got a text from one of my mates. That is how disinterested I've become and it's taken week after week of watching turgid shite to get me to this place.

I'm not breaking out the bunting tonight as a man has lost his livelihood, and that should never be celebrated, but it's not just that. I've got absolutely zero faith in the BOD to get the right appointment in and I fear we'll be sampling the third tier of our game for the first time next season.

Edited by DLBud

I get it mate and I'm not disagreeing with you. Two short season ago there were five of us went home and away every week, with the exception of Dingwall and Inverness. Now? Only one hardy soul goes regularly to away games and the rest of us can barely muster enough enthusiasm to get to the homes games we've already paid for through our season tickets and that is what the BOD should be afraid of........core supporters turning away. I wonder how long it will be before one of us decides that the season ticket isn't worth it?

I'm over in Florida this week and, to be honest, didn't even know who we were playing until I got a text from one of my mates. That is how disinterested I've become and it's taken week after week of watching turgid shite to get me to this place.

I'm not breaking out the bunting tonight as a man has lost his livelihood, and that should never be celebrated, but it's not just that. I've got absolutely zero faith in the BOD to get the right appointment in and I fear we'll be sampling the third tier of our game for the first time next season.

Sums up how I feel.

For what its worth, I was blethering with a Sons fan as I walked away from the ground, and he made a couple of interesting points. Firstly, he described the reaction of the St Mirren support at the end of the match as resembling Rangers supporters when they were toiling in matches against his club. Indeed, he couldn't recall any other support reacting in such a way.

He also pointed out that his club were in the shitter one season then punching above their weight the next. Such is football, he observed. We would all do well to bear that in mind.

Sums up how I feel.

For what its worth, I was blethering with a Sons fan as I walked away from the ground, and he made a couple of interesting points. Firstly, he described the reaction of the St Mirren support at the end of the match as resembling Rangers supporters when they were toiling in matches against his club. Indeed, he couldn't recall any other support reacting in such a way.

He also pointed out that his club were in the shitter one season then punching above their weight the next. Such is football, he observed. We would all do well to bear that in mind.

Drew we haven't punched above our weight for a long time now

Yes, I accept that.

I suppose I was thinking more along the lines of the twists and turns of the game. Ross County last season is another example. They looked dead and buried then managed to turn things round in spectacular fashion.

We can only hope that there will be something positive ahead for Saints in the foreseeable future.

Yes, I accept that.

I suppose I was thinking more along the lines of the twists and turns of the game. Ross County last season is another example. They looked dead and buried then managed to turn things round in spectacular fashion.

We can only hope that there will be something positive ahead for Saints in the foreseeable future.

Yeah but Ross County brought in better players and had serious competition for places in the starting 11.

How have we punched above our weight? Only Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs , the 2 Dundee clubs and Newco are bigger than us. If anything, we have underachieved in the last 25 years, certainly in the league. We have regularly finished below St Johnstone, Hamilton, Motherwell etc.

This is a great opportunity for any competent manager to restore the club to the top flight in 2-3 years. Plenty of managers would jump at the chance. Hopefully the BOD will see that and appoint someone with a long term plan.

I remember wee Anxious getting asked if we were punching above our weight a few years ago in the Premier league and he said we were but then on to say how the Club had basically a first division team , which was true at that time . However , even when we had the good players a couple of years ago , we still seemed to struggle. .

I remember wee Anxious getting asked if we were punching above our weight a few years ago in the Premier league and he said we were but then on to say how the Club had basically a first division team , which was true at that time . However , even when we had the good players a couple of years ago , we still seemed to struggle. .

The season we had Thommo, Teale, Wee Nige, Tess etc was our best chance of achieving something in the league and we still couldn't.

Fast forward to now, all have gone bar Thommo who is pretty much done.

I think it'll be a good few years before we can challenge for promotion, until the club is sold I think we'll be a bottom half Championship club.

Sums up how I feel.

Rangers did however still manage to beat Dumbarton in every encounter last season (another wee sign about how much IM had DFC punching above their weight last season) no matter whether McCoist, McDowall or McCall was in charge. We have won 1 game in the last 10 and been beaten 5 times in that run, we are also reaching the week before Christmas and are still without a home win in the Championship league. Does your Dumbarton supporting mate realise the boos were not about 1 bad result and more about the fact Murray, pre-season he was saying we would be giving Rangers and Hibs a run for their money for the top spot and by December we are 26-29 points behind them, Morton (newly promoted) have double our points tally, Dumbarton have beaten us twice this season and are 5 points ahead of us.