Murray...yer Tea Is Oot!

NOW IS THE TIME TO GET A NEW MANAGER AND TRY LIKE F*CK TO FINISH AT LEAST FOURTH.

You know its time for change when you lose your optimism shull. Most positive guy on here.

The board need to act quick here and ask themselves what is going to be the biggest financial loss, paying off the manager or facing relegation and a dwindling support?

You know its time for change when you lose your optimism shull. Most positive guy on here.

The board need to act quick here and ask themselves what is going to be the biggest financial loss, paying off the manager or facing relegation and a dwindling support?

They need to act this morning.

The Queens Match is getting closer.

I would loved to be proved wrong but I couldn't see this squad of players put a fantastic 2nd half of the season in to push us up into the top half. I would like to see Murray getting the sack but that would include a payoff probably resulting in no money for a new manager to bring in players and who half decent would take the job. We would have went through 3 managers in 15 months? We certainly won't pay any compensation for any manager out there.

This season for me now is damage limitation and avoiding the relegation playoff

If this squad had better fitness,had more confidence in themselves and manager there's no reason they could win a few games.

This is a poor league with 2 teams well ahead of the rest but the BOD ambition is the same as yours

If this squad had better fitness,had more confidence in themselves and manager there's no reason they could win a few games.

This is a poor league with 2 teams well ahead of the rest but the BOD ambition is the same as yours

I would love to see us this season challenging in the top 3 but the board have made a mistake namely appointing Murray which so far has not worked out. Who at the time Murray was appointed said it was the wrong choice?? Out the serious and affordable choices I thought we had a very promising young like most fans and the board.

Whether we sack Murray or not this season is a write off. If you think the promotion playoffs is realistic where we are now nearly half way through this season I would stop smoking the Rastafarian Hobart...

They need to act this morning.

The Queens Match is getting closer.

In my opinion, there will ne no action until post QotS match, at the earliest, even then , only a result less than a win will prompt the consideration of sacking many now crave.

The Queens match will have Mr Murray in place as our manager , certainly at the start and duration of the game. IF we lose, I think he'll be offski, if we win , he'll start to believe he can get the team to kick on.

Anything less than a win against Queens, I think he should go, this is HIS must win for continuation of his job, imo.

Oh and to All Buddies, a Happy Christmas......................thumbup2.gif

edit: before my post was erm, Bluto'd, or should that be blue toed, nah, stick with Blootered

Edited by Seaside Nipper

I would love to see us this season challenging in the top 3 but the board have made a mistake namely appointing Murray which so far has not worked out. Who at the time Murray was appointed said it was the wrong choice?? Out the serious and affordable choices I thought we had a very promising young like most fans and the board.

Whether we sack Murray or not this season is a write off. If you think the promotion playoffs is realistic where we are now nearly half way through this season I would stop smoking the Rastafarian Hobart...

Even I was of the opinion Murray might be a decent appointment, but within a very few weeks it was clear the board had made yet another disastrous appointment. Since then, things have gone from bad to predictable worse, and heading even further south.The complete duds he signed were instantly found out and Ian Murray is months past the time he should have been dismissed. Total embarrassment by whoever appointed him will prevent an immediate change though.Only one thing will get things moving. The thing I have been doing since August. I`d love to know how many "pay at the gate - ers" turn up at home matches. Very few I would imagine, and even less as the season progresses.

The thing is though,its going to be the SAME people who decide the next manager. That says it all to me.

Even I was of the opinion Murray might be a decent appointment, but within a very few weeks it was clear the board had made yet another disastrous appointment. Since then, things have gone from bad to predictable worse, and heading even further south.The complete duds he signed were instantly found out and Ian Murray is months past the time he should have been dismissed. Total embarrassment by whoever appointed him will prevent an immediate change though.Only one thing will get things moving. The thing I have been doing since August. I`d love to know how many "pay at the gate - ers" turn up at home matches. Very few I would imagine, and even less as the season progresses.

The thing is though,its going to be the SAME people who decide the next manager. That says it all to me.

So you say you thought at the time he would have been a decent appointment. Yet you go on to say it's a 'total embarrassment' for whoever appointed him.

:1eye

Edited by TopCat

So you say you thought at the time he would have been a decent appointment. Yet you go on to say it's a 'total embarrassment' for whoever appointed him.

1eye.gif

I said it MIGHT be a decent appointment, but within a very short time it was clearly a disaster.

Thank you Mr Cat for your tedious comments any time i post. Must be satisfying for you to be right all the time. Not.

If we were to win both the Queen of the South and Dumbarton matches then all what has been said by us the St.Mirren supporters with regards to requesting Ian Murray is sacked goes out the window and I can then see a statement from the BOD,s saying that they were right all along to stick with Ian Murray. Although they will word it differently.

All the dismal performances prior will seemingly be forgotten. It appears to me that is the BOD,s wishes

Whilst I originally supported the appointment of Ian Murray, I and I assume many other St.Mirren supporters will find it hard to forget the past and what Ian Murray has put us through.

Even if he was to win the next 2 games I would still be of the opinion he is sacked, which undoubtedly he will not be, after all the BOD,s did not appear to take a blind bit of notice when we were losing, and they definitely will not do so if we begin to win games.

It appears another risk, because if he reverts back to losing games, it will then be too late to appoint another manager.

It is a real quandary, on the one hand I wish to see the back of Murray, whilst at the same time I want St.Mirren to win.

Edited by stripey

Got to have some ambition and that what lacks at our club

The BOD will hope we will stay ahead of the bottom 2 and stumble on to the end of the season

I said it MIGHT be a decent appointment, but within a very short time it was clearly a disaster.

Thank you Mr Cat for your tedious comments any time i post. Must be satisfying for you to be right all the time. Not.

Well of course no managerial appointment is guaranteed to be a decent appointment. I'm sure the BOD - like yourself - thought Murray might be a decent appointment.

I find it amusing that in your desperation to slate the BOD for making an appointment you admit yourself you thought might be a decent one.

Got to have some ambition and that what lacks at our club

The BOD will hope we will stay ahead of the bottom 2 and stumble on to the end of the season

What do we do pay Murray off costing us his wages till the end of his contract. If so who do we bring in? What manager will come into our club with no money to spend having to shift players out the door before they can bring anyone in.

I want Murray out but it's not quite as easy as firing him after 5 months of the season and getting the next Fergie in. He has 18 months of his current contract to run

What do we do pay Murray off costing us his wages till the end of his contract. If so who do we bring in? What manager will come into our club with no money to spend having to shift players out the door before they can bring anyone in.

I want Murray out but it's not quite as easy as firing him after 5 months of the season and getting the next Fergie in. He has 18 months of his current contract to run

There's plenty of managers out there who could the job with the players already here

I agree about Murray contract must be great to be complete utter shite at your job and still get rewarded

There's plenty of managers out there who could the job with the players already here

I agree about Murray contract must be great to be complete utter shite at your job and still get rewarded

I would let him go but name one manager who is affordable and realistic? If we get rid of him the job will go to Miller. Will that appease our support not a chance but Murray is holding all the cards he won't walk away from a 18 month full time contract. He probably won't get another again unless he turns this around.

Well of course no managerial appointment is guaranteed to be a decent appointment. I'm sure the BOD - like yourself - thought Murray might be a decent appointment.

Cut to the chase. Do you agree with me at least that the appointment of I.M. has been a disaster, and the latest in a succession of poorly thought out appointments ?

I find it amusing that in your desperation to slate the BOD for making an appointment you admit yourself you thought might be a decent one.

No sound business of any sort can afford to be held to ransom by a seriously underperforming manager.

He has to go. Otherwise we will spiral further down - NO BODY wants that.

Murray is utter cr*ap at every single part of his job - take a look at the table.

Anyone who thinks we will win the next 2 games in the league with him at the helm is living in cloud cuckoo land - he has managed an amazing 2 wins out of 15 league games so far - does anyone seriously believe we are just about to suddenly start performing?

Fans need to voice it at the next match - If he is still in charge - Murray Murray get tae f***

The Board are responsible for our clubs performance - if we need more cash - they need to take action.

Putting the current pi*sh out every week will only result in less income! Putting up with Murray will only make matters worse.

1eye.gif

It is a bit embarrassing at least. All that was needed was to look at all Dumbarton's results in the 2014/5 season for there to be a very large doubt about whether Murray was suitable. No track record of winning anything, or getting promoted, or getting to play off places, or bringing through young players and improving them / selling them for a profit, no sign of being great in the transfer market... why did we give him a 2 year contract? Because he sounds good on Sportscene?! Not many people have enjoyed his recent pre-match and post-match interviews! Out of 2 and a half seasons at Dumbarton Murray had 1 decent season and other than that Dumbarton were more or less where you would expect them to be (in the group of part-time teams within the league).

It is a bit embarrassing at least. All that was needed was to look at all Dumbarton's results in the 2014/5 season for there to be a very large doubt about whether Murray was suitable. No track record of winning anything, or getting promoted, or getting to play off places, or bringing through young players and improving them / selling them for a profit, no sign of being great in the transfer market... why did we give him a 2 year contract? Because he sounds good on Sportscene?! Not many people have enjoyed his recent pre-match and post-match interviews! Out of 2 and a half seasons at Dumbarton Murray had 1 decent season and other than that Dumbarton were more or less where you would expect them to be (in the group of part-time teams within the league).

Murray saved Dumbarton from almost certain relegation in his first half season there. He then led them to be the best part time team in Scotland 2 years running. They also had a cup run to the quarter finals of the Scottish IIRC.

There's really not much more he could have done there. He knew the division and had relative success in it with a smaller club, in terms of who we could have appointed he was a perfectly rational choice.

All you have to do is read back in this forum a few months to see that he was also the popular choice. Not everyone's choice certainly (not mine either) but the popular choice.

It hasn't worked certainly, but to call it an embarrassing failure for the BOD is much too much. Appointing a manager is never going to be an exact science at our level.

Murray saved Dumbarton from almost certain relegation in his first half season there. He then led them to be the best part time team in Scotland 2 years running. They also had a cup run to the quarter finals of the Scottish IIRC.

There's really not much more he could have done there. He knew the division and had relative success in it with a smaller club, in terms of who we could have appointed he was a perfectly rational choice.

All you have to do is read back in this forum a few months to see that he was also the popular choice. Not everyone's choice certainly (not mine either) but the popular choice.

It hasn't worked certainly, but to call it an embarrassing failure for the BOD is much too much. Appointing a manager is never going to be an exact science at our level.

Correct TC. Every managerial appointment is a gamble. The benefit of hindsight is wonderful.

Surely that's the point of a job interview.

You can't admonish the board completely in this case, it is their job to pick the right person for the job. And in this case they clearly didn't.

I can't see much sign that Murray has got anything right since he started, from making Alan Gow his first signing onwards.

Any hiring decision is always going to be a gamble. And any idiot could see that Murray had the kind of track record that would make him a candidate for the job.

It was surely the Board's role to look beyond that by interviewing him and making use of their contacts to discern whether he was really the right person for the post. Obviously they appear to have got it very badly wrong.

Or are the board simply supposed to stick a pin blindly in a list of names and hope for the best?

You are absolutely correct on your observation. He was a popular choice on here prior to and shortly after he was appointed.

I'm not sure if the pressures of taking over a team where the fans and the clubs reputation expect more, whereas you could say he had a bit more freedom to express himself at Dumbarton.

I would ask the question though, would Murray have been more prepared for the job if he was already managing a full-time club prior to taking over?

I don't blame the board for appointing him, it just unfortunately hasn't worked out so far, in what they seen as a longterm plan.

Nothing has convinced me as of yet, that we are improving at all, to make we think we are going to win our next game.

I don't dispute that Murray's initial impact at Dumbarton was positive. Last year they finished 7th... ahead of Livi who had a 5 point deduction for non-payment of taxes and a signing embargo, and ahead of 2 other part time teams Alloa (who sacked a manager during the season) and Cowdenbeath. They finished comfortably behind Raith Rovers who have a mix of full time and part time players.

I think most people were hoping that the BoD would appoint someone who had experience of getting a team promoted or into the play off places, or of building a good squad on a budget or developing young players or a combination of all three. My point is that Murray ticked none of those boxes and can claim that Dumbarton were about 5 points better off a season than you might expect them to be... hardly punching massively above their weight. You could also argue that after having saved them from the drop, and taken them to a 5th place finish in his first full season that last year Murray and Dumbarton were on the slide... in almost one third of all league games they conceded 3 goals or more, even on occasion to Alloa and Cowdenbeath.

I don't dispute that Murray's initial impact at Dumbarton was positive. Last year they finished 7th... ahead of Livi who had a 5 point deduction for non-payment of taxes and a signing embargo, and ahead of 2 other part time teams Alloa (who sacked a manager during the season) and Cowdenbeath. They finished comfortably behind Raith Rovers who have a mix of full time and part time players.

I think most people were hoping that the BoD would appoint someone who had experience of getting a team promoted or into the play off places, or of building a good squad on a budget or developing young players or a combination of all three. My point is that Murray ticked none of those boxes and can claim that Dumbarton were about 5 points better off a season than you might expect them to be... hardly punching massively above their weight. You could also argue that after having saved them from the drop, and taken them to a 5th place finish in his first full season that last year Murray and Dumbarton were on the slide... in almost one third of all league games they conceded 3 goals or more, even on occasion to Alloa and Cowdenbeath.

All correct, but so is TopCat.

There's not many out there with a track record of building a good squad on a budget. I'm not sure we could have afforded someone who'd gotten teams promoted or to play off spots (must Google the past decade for candidates some time). I know people in the game, Murray may even respect their view, who felt Murray could be a decent appointment and we certainly had the resources to give him. He hasn't learned a thing since the Berwick game, not one thing, and you can't blame our board for not picking up on that at an interview. Any of their contacts couldn't possibly have known Ian's full attribute set and I definitely don't see them phoning Jack Ross to ask "was it you or has he got it". Interviewing or bringing in a contractor isn't an exact science and I doubt any of us who've done either have got it right every time.

We can't blame the board, but certainly can blame Murray. Who knows the mood in the dressing room, but maybe we can blame the players too. Are they so afraid of pushing up, keeping the ball down, finding a man and hitting the target? Would Murray drop all eleven if they won playing their way? Block him out for 45 minutes, ignore his calls and go in two up, then come out and don't drop 15 to 20 yards back...is it so mad to try?