Murray...yer Tea Is Oot!

Yep. I'm not being revisionist about this. I was asked to name who I would have appointed as successor to Gary Teale when I named Stephen Kenny. He signed a new one year extension on the 23rd of April 2015 which takes him up to November 2016. St Mirren could have got him very cheaply had the board of directors been proactive towards the end of last season. Unfortunately they listened to the clueless clique and lined up Ian Murray instead. Their prerogative of course, but it's a mistake that will cost them more than it would have done to have appointed the right man in the first place.

If Kenny is as good a manager as you suggest then why have no club this side of the water given him a second chance?

Could it be because as others have suggested you're cherrypicking his record, ignoring the poor start to his tenure at Dunfermline which left them with to much ground to make up and his dismal start to the following season?

You're in a minority of one (and clearly not just on this site) although this doesn't necessarily mean you're wrong.

Finally I admire and applaud your tenacity in this debate and intend to like all your posts - you remind me of Jeremy Corbyn as you are clearly both men with the courage of your convictions! spudnikconfounded.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Finally I admire and applaud your tenacity in this debate and intend to like all your posts - you remind me of Jeremy Corbyn as you are clearly both men with the courage of your convictions! spudnikconfounded.gif

So, have I got this right...?

You still want him to bend the knee and kiss your ring?

Having listened to Lee Mair in a 57min podcast on Facebook, he is of the opinion that to sack Murray this season would be harsh and it is likely that the BOD,s of St.Mirren FC will have given Murray a remit of having a free season to re-build the team and that next season is more likely to be the season he will be expected to be seen by the St.Mirren BOD,s to be gaining inroads for promotion. I am of the opinion that having listened to this, the BOD,s have taken a long term view whereby they are looking to see the club promoted by year 3 or 4 under Murray provided he has fulfilled the BOD,s wishes and having been awarded a new contract by them.

A gamble by the BOD,s I know, but their are so many other scenarios, like writing off this season as far as promotion goes, are we capable of being able to stay in this league, what team of players are likely to be here next season, will Murray be the man that is able to turn things around, is an experienced assistant the answer, despite the club having 2500 season ticket holders this season, how many of these season ticket holders will re-new there season ticket, what will the position of our finances by season 2,3 or 4.

In the meantime we the fans are expected to turn up week in week out and watch, at the moment the rubbish football being played by St.Mirren.

As a fan what do you do when you care so much about Saints?

Edited by stripey

Having listened to Lee Mair in a 57min podcast on Facebook, he is of the opinion that to sack Murray this season would be harsh and it is likely that the BOD,s of St.Mirren FC will have given Murray a remit of having a free season to re-build the team and that next season is more likely to be the season he will be expected to be seen by the St.Mirren BOD,s to be gaining inroads for promotion. I am of the opinion that having listened to this, the BOD,s have taken a long term view whereby they are looking to see the club promoted by year 3 or 4 under Murray provided he has fulfilled the BOD,s wishes and having been awarded a new contract by them.

A gamble by the BOD,s I know, but their are so many other scenarios, like writing off this season as far as promotion goes, are we capable of being able to stay in this league, what team of players are likely to be here next season, will Murray be the man that is able to turn things around, is an experienced assistant the answer, despite the club having 2500 season ticket holders this season, how many of these season ticket holders will re-new there season ticket, what will the position of our finances by season 2,3 or 4.

In the meantime we the fans are expected to turn up week in week out and watch, at the moment the rubbish football being played by St.Mirren.

If the BoD and Murray (without admitting it in public) had effectively ruled out promotion this season - I could actually forgive them that, even though it is somewhat unpalatable.

However - how about a fcuking home win, not spunking away a two goal lead to wee Johnny Baird, having some sort of pattern of play, looking like you know your best starting eleven, making meaningful substitutions, not setting us up like an ultra-negative Dumbarton clone, not having Thommo running around as a tiring lone striker, and actually looking like you're capable of inspiring and driving your team to victory....

Thanks. Love and hugs, an over-expectant boo-boy knickerwetting keyboard warrior.

Edited by pozbaird

Lee is entitled to his opinion but I cannot agree.

1. Players these days are mostly on one year contracts so how can you build for the future?

2. And if you are why sign players on loan that play in the same positions and are the same age as players in our development squad? Why sign Conan when we have Stewart? Stewart needs the game time more that Conlan.

3. We have parachute money this season (and a lot less next season). Financially we are on a downward spiral. The longer we wait the harder it will be.

You stop whining on websites and do something constructive to buy out the current board.

rea tried it and didn't quite over the finish line.

It needs someone to try again.

If you care THAT much about Saints that's the only thing you can realistically do other than sit it out and wait to see what unfolds.

I prefer the latter option. Some are better suited to the first.

What isn't acceptable is to whine constantly on forums but do nothing about it.

You stop whining on websites and do something constructive to buy out the current board.

rea tried it and didn't quite over the finish line.

It needs someone to try again.

If you care THAT much about Saints that's the only thing you can realistically do other than sit it out and wait to see what unfolds.

I prefer the latter option. Some are better suited to the first.

What isn't acceptable is to whine constantly on forums but do nothing about it.

Yeh, of course.

Customers should never whine or complain.

They should simply buy out the company instead...

:lol::1eye

There will be no one in the stadium in a years time if Murray is still around, Ralston will be moth-balled as a first division team canmot afford those facilities, indeed SMP and its environs may be sold and leased back. If we are relegated again there may be no way back ever!

There will be no one in the stadium in a years time if Murray is still around, Ralston will be moth-balled as a first division team canmot afford those facilities, indeed SMP and its environs may be sold and leased back. If we are relegated again there may be no way back ever!

What a drama queen. There will always be a hard core number of fans that will be there no matter what league we are in albeit we may lose some along the way - just like every other club has suffered. No one knows how everything will pan out but have you seen this scenario with Falkirk, QOS, Hibs, Morton and Raith who have spent more than a season away from the SPL? The Board will do what is required to safeguard the club. It may not be to your liking but if it ensures Paisley has a professional football club then that is the main factor.

Yeh, of course.

Customers should never whine or complain.

They should simply buy out the company instead...

lol.gif: 1eye.gif

He didn't say customers. He said fans.

Customers would simply take their business elsewhere.

Fans usually can't, hence my response to him.

Another classic from #thichasfcuk.

Edited by oaksoft

What a drama queen. There will always be a hard core number of fans that will be there no matter what league we are in albeit we may lose some along the way - just like every other club has suffered. No one knows how everything will pan out but have you seen this scenario with Falkirk, QOS, Hibs, Morton and Raith who have spent more than a season away from the SPL? The Board will do what is required to safeguard the club. It may not be to your liking but if it ensures Paisley has a professional football club then that is the main factor.

Dream on Ned, dream on.... This is real life baby!

Dream on Ned, dream on.... This is real life baby!

The club should still be a functioning entity 12 months from now. If not it will be due to so called fans turning their backs and deciding that Paisley is not deserving of a football club.

The club should still be a functioning entity 12 months from now. If not it will be due to so called fans turning their backs and deciding that Paisley is not deserving of a football club.

No it won't. It would be due to a self-confessed tired and out-of-ideas want-away BoD, their managerial appointments, and the shite performances of successive teams sent out by uninspiring managers.

No it won't. It would be due to a self-confessed tired and out-of-ideas want-away BoD, their managerial appointments, and the shite performances of successive teams sent out by uninspiring managers.

Ultimately the fans will be responsible for our demise. Do they want a professional football club in Paisley or not? With what I read on here I don't think the will exists anymore.

Stop whining and buy the club Lord :lol:

I'm sick of the bad service from the bank of Scotland and bought them yesterday!

:lol: