Murray...yer Tea Is Oot!

Ultimately the fans will be responsible for our demise. Do they want a professional football club in Paisley or not? With what I read on here I don't think the will exists anymore.

The will exists amongst fans Scott more than ever, unfortunately our board dont give a f**k about that!

This is evidenced by putting all their effort into cheap fixes, re-branding us as New Celtic Park, letting UWS do whatever they want around the club, flogging car parking, letting their pals have their own private members clubs and trying to screw a completely unrealistic asking price from fans to buy a big f**king debt!

The fans will always be there as you say Scott, the board seem hell bent on destroying the support base to make a bit more money.

We'll be about for many years to come .

In the grand scale of our near 140 year history , the last few are just a down turn .

We've had times like this before and we will again .

I understand it's a lot easier to support a winning team as apposed to the current one , but it's times like now the team really need support .

Onwards and upwards ( hopefully) .

We'll be about for many years to come .

In the grand scale of our near 140 year history , the last few are just a down turn .

I understand it's a lot easier to support a winning team as apposed to the current one , but it's times like now the team really need support .

Onwards and upwards ( hopefully) .

Yeah us gloryhunters... Only in it cause we pick up a trophy every quarter of a century or so.

The will exists amongst fans Scott more than ever, unfortunately our board dont give a f**k about that!

This is evidenced by putting all their effort into cheap fixes, re-branding us as New Celtic Park, letting UWS do whatever they want around the club, flogging car parking, letting their pals have their own private members clubs and trying to screw a completely unrealistic asking price from fans to buy a big f**king debt!

The fans will always be there as you say Scott, the board seem hell bent on destroying the support base to make a bit more money.

My worry is that fans walk away and dont come back even if the current board did finally leave. I know that this site doesnt encompass the entirety of our support but the negative postings from the 'ahm no gaun' brigade have been worrying.

My worry is that fans walk away and dont come back even if the current board did finally leave. I know that this site doesnt encompass the entirety of our support but the negative postings from the 'ahm no gaun' brigade have been worrying.

Thats because theres nothing to cheer about on the pitch, and no leadership off it from a board who seem to have handed the reins over to Paisley Tech College (sorry UWS).

There is nothing, and no one to get behind..... Bonnie Tyler needs to sing us a song.

No-one is turning their back on the team. Plenty have almost had it with Murray and I'm choosing not go to the diddy cup game. I've been supporting this team for a long time and will continue to do so... I don't think anyone can accuse St Mirren fans of being gloryhunters...I'll crack the jokes! I'm actually more inclined to go and watch us away at Livingston next week.

The fans might always be there, but they aren't turning up for games.

Why don't you go down and tell them how it should be done.

Edited by pod

I've lived it and this is different. In the past we were shot at by the wee teams 'cos we were a scalp who played in a big stadium , paid a decent wage , and had decent players. I've seen teams almost do a lap of honour at LS after defeating us. Now we're just the same as everyone else , shitey wee soul less ground , tight fisted BOD and we're going nowhere fast. In the past , you always kind of knew we'd be back , not so nowadays !

I've lived it and this is different. In the past we were shot at by the wee teams 'cos we were a scalp who played in a big stadium , paid a decent wage , and had decent players. I've seen teams almost do a lap of honour at LS after defeating us. Now we're just the same as everyone else , shitey wee soul less ground , tight fisted BOD and we're going nowhere fast. In the past , you always kind of knew we'd be back , not so nowadays !

Yup, kinda agree with this. I'm indeed surprsied at our continued rate of fall , we dont even seem to be managing to hit too many branches on the way down either, perhaps that shouldn't surprise anyone.

Love Street was an even bigger Morgue when we were shite.

Tightfisted Board - Good, means we don't die.

Didnae look like we were coming back under Humphries , Bryceland, Cunningham, Bone, Fitzpatrick and Coughlin.

But we will be back someday, maybe under Murray, maybe not.

Tightfisted Board - Good, means we don't die.

Didnae look like we were coming back under Humphries , Bryceland, Cunningham, Bone, Fitzpatrick and Coughlin.

But we will be back someday, maybe under Murray, maybe not.

There in the last line.... Reality finally hits home (maybe not)..!

Didnae look like we were coming back under Humphries , Bryceland, Cunningham

During that period we had players such as McLeod ,Knox , McKean , Munro , McQueen , Fitzpatrick , Reid , Johnston , Young , Beckett etc , and it didn't cross your mind that we could come back ??? blink.png

Even with the small crowds , an atmosphere could be created on the NB at LS that would motivate the players ! Sadly , the wee pishy , hollow effort we own now has the atmosphere akin to a sewing bee !

During that period we had players such as McLeod ,Knox , McKean , Munro , McQueen , Fitzpatrick , Reid , Johnston , Young , Beckett etc , and it didn't cross your mind that we could come back ??? blink.png

I was only tennish then. Loved the journey and travelling on the Juniors to all the away games. Of course I dreamt about the Top League and still do. We have shitey poser players now,but so does every other Club.

Even with the small crowds , an atmosphere could be created on the NB at LS that would motivate the players ! Sadly , the wee pishy , hollow effort we own now has the atmosphere akin to a sewing bee !

The only time singing was heard was when one stood in the middle of the Choir.

Could hear next to nothing if seated in Main Stand or from terraces behind the Goals.

On the very rare occasion that we get excited at Greenhill Road the atmosphere level from the West Bank is far superior than the North Bank.

The Panda Club could outsing the old 1970's Choir.

I watched Saints in the really dark days where less than 1,000 went through the gates for some games.

You make out crowds of under 1000 were quite common.This is not the case.Crowds when we were in the bottom tier of football actually weren't too bad considering.I had a look at St Mirren Programme site and can only find one example of a crowd less than 1000......

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1973&GameID=1473

That season was probably the worst in terms of crowds but we still had some good gates that season with a few crowds of 3 and 4 thousand and probably averaging around 2000.

Edited by HSS

You make out crowds of under 1000 were quite common.This is not the case.Crowds when we were in the bottom tier of football actually weren't too bad considering.I had a look at St Mitten Programme site and can only find one example of a crowd less than 1000......http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1973&GameID=1473

That season was probably the worst in terms of crowds but we still had some good gates that season with a few crowds of 3 and 4 thousand and probably averaging around 2000.

Double post.

But... back in the day... Did they not sometimes count double...? :whistle:

Swift edit! :)

Edited by bluto

I'd like to see what the atmosphere would be like in a title winning season, the last time we won the old first division we were still at Love St. I don't think that will happen under Murray to be honest. If we lose tomorrow he should go....i hope we win obviously but Dunfermline will fancy their chances.

I'd like to see what the atmosphere would be like in a title winning season, the last time we won the old first division we were still at Love St. I don't think that will happen under Murray to be honest. If we lose tomorrow he should go....i hope we win obviously but Dunfermline will fancy their chances.

It's not just Dunfermline who fancy their chances there a lot of Saints fans who think the same myself included. Bloody awful and shows how much confidence we have in Murray. None.

If nobody is chanting or shouting then obviously there will be no atmosphere. The problem since we moved has been that there's never been anything to shout about on the park. The couple of occasions when we have performed, the atmospheres been alright Edited by Big Yards