Livingston V St Mirren Championship 17/10/15

shull

THAT was a habit of Jim Baxter's, too.

As was something else Agnew did today - supplying the perfect pass for a team-mate to slot in a goal.

The more I hear of Agnew, the more I like him. :)

Unfortunately Bluto his legs were not moving long before he was taken off.

Could have cost us at times.

An important win for us today - what a strike it was from Mallan. We had to dig in today to get the three points. It was a combination of last gasp defending and having a wee bit of luck for once.

We defend far too deep in the game and we invited them to play the long diagonals time and time again, in the second half in particular we were restricted to trying to hit them on the break when McMullen came on.

For me the younger players are still getting to grips with how physical this league is, I think we are still a bit lightweight in the centre of the park.

Goodwin was excellent again, Webster and Thompson performed well. Mallan get's MOTM, great performance and a goal worthy of winning any game, take a bow son, take a bow!

Whose idea is it for us to stop trying to press and attack after we take the lead? that second half was disgraceful and we were so lucky to hold on.

Baird and Cuddihy were complete bombscares today, Agnew disappeared in 2nd half, Thompson left isolated again, Gallagher ended up in left back position at times and If it wasn't for performances by Goodwin and Langfield in 2nd and poor finishing from Livi we would have undoubtedly lost today.

No animation from touchline manager so have to assume the players were doing as instructed !!

Great result, fantastic goal but play like that 2nd half again next week and we'll get demolished big time.

Just in, roadworks on Forth Bridge were horrendous, but who cares; my wee girl is finally celebrating seeing her first Saints victory and what a goal to win it.

Great 3 points, but sitting back 2nd half(again) was hard to watch. Langfield was superb for us today and good to see wee McMullan back running at defences.

Murray still has to sort our shape/tactics for our next few games, but a wins a win. First beer of the night tasting good.

well done the saints welcome win ,slow and steady , rebuilding takes time ,

u20s doing well .1st team winning ,

keep playing a settled team and formation ,players will gel ,with this improvement

and results will follow , we must start planning this window and next ,

and get any good players contracts sorted now

THAT was a habit of Jim Baxter's, too.

As was something else Agnew did today - supplying the perfect pass for a team-mate to slot in a goal.

The more I hear of Agnew, the more I like him. :)

he offers a threat because if he's lining up a shot 2 sometimes 3 players try to block it leaving space for others, Mallan benefited from it today.

he offers a threat because if he's lining up a shot 2 sometimes 3 players try to block it leaving space for others, Mallan benefited from it today.

That's hardly a skill, nevertheless he usually fails to control the ball or tries some stupid lazy 5 a sides pass. The only way Agnew will be compared to Baxter will be if he develops a drink problem. As said already, he needs to adapt to expectation and reaction. He's not at Dumbarton, where a luxury type making a few passes is good enough.

Two games local to you, yet you went to Livingston?

Sounds like the sort of thing a Saints fan would do....

More than that, the match that really appealed to me today was Wishaw v Johnstone Burgh and at 1pm I was going to Beltane Park.

Anyway I thought St Mirren were poor throughout. At no point did St Mirren look comfortable in possession and they always looked vulnerable at the back. Baird had an absolute bombscare and had Livingston converted their penalty St Mirren would have been in real trouble.

Great goal by Mallans. Goodwin was man of the match for me and Howieson played well until Murray hooked him. Another thing I found really frustrating was the delivery into the box. St Mirren have Thompson and Webster up for set pieces yet every single ball played into the box was poor.

A good win.yes but a dreadful second half. We will need to be more able to retain the ball next week

its a bit worrying when we pick up 3 points, but the feeling is that nothing is changing. Defending like mad in the second half after going in front and being comfortable is a worrying trait and also pretty stupid in a league populated by really shit teams.

Was at the game. Still in the bloody car park Mallans strike was a cracker but St Mirren were hanging on with some desperate defending by the end. Hardly convincing

I was talking to some Buds in the Bankhouse at 5 past 6 who were just back from the game 1eye.gif and you cant get out the car park 28mins after the game is finish with only around 1200 fans there (sorry 1199 since you are a customer) lol.gif