Livingston V St Mirren Championship 17/10/15

shull

The only "religiously offensive" song I can think Saints Fans would be singing would be the one that ends in FTP and FTQ.

Did Thistle fans not question the fact that the song was "religiously offensive" and win their argument?

Has always been up for debate, but the easiest solution is simply not to sing it.

Has always been up for debate, but the easiest solution is simply not to sing it.

No argument from me there Drew.

How come clubs who have fans who sing these songs all the time,I can think of two, don't have "Police Hunts" to catch the culprits?

Why would anyone want to gloat about a bud not playing well.

Some sad fcukers on here.

Dunno why.

It's just sport, football, a pastime.

It can be very disappointing to lose a Match, but in my case, I usually okay again by the time I get back to my Car.

COYS

Murray and Spalding are treating our club the way they treated Dumbarton , as a small club that has to sit in and defend if they take a lead ! We've never done that in league games in my lifetime , something needs to change !

Hilarious ha ha, cause we are massive club that should score 6 goals every week!!!!

Some fans who were on said train journey are at pains to explain that there were no religeous songs being sung, it was only Saints songs.

Yet another story that has all the hallmarks of Daily Record type reporting. In other words it's probably a pack of lies.

Police have made an appeal for info via STV news tonight. Again religious motivation was mentioned. No sympathy for anyone singing that song, haven't heard it in a ground from our support in years. Mental thing to sing on a peak time Saturday evening train.

Police have made an appeal for info via STV news tonight. Again religious motivation was mentioned. No sympathy for anyone singing that song, haven't heard it in a ground from our support in years. Mental thing to sing on a peak time Saturday evening train.

Wasn't that the train Murray, Gow, Gallagher, Webster and McMullan came back on.... Just sayin.

Well, just my opinion, but if it was the "hello hello how do you do " thingy, then seriously, who can be offended by that , really ffs. That's the wee chant sung heartily by most provincial teams fans in a kinda two finger salute to the bigot bros.

Just get on with things, plenty more worse shit going on than ten or so sorts chanting that neutralising wee ditty.

Some folk want to get a grip, nanny statism is well and truly here.

Well, just my opinion, but if it was the "hello hello how do you do " thingy, then seriously, who can be offended by that , really ffs. That's the wee chant sung heartily by most provincial teams fans in a kinda two finger salute to the bigot bros.

Just get on with things, plenty more worse shit going on than ten or so sorts chanting that neutralising wee ditty.

Some folk want to get a grip, nanny statism is well and truly here.

The General Public on the Train would be quite rightly offended.

You obviously don't attend games. As every game we play against rangers celtic or sevco. We always sing it

The General Public on the Train would be quite rightly offended.

That's it in a nutshell. As St Mirren fans, we have known for years that the sentiment behind the singing of the song is actually to display that we don't give a monkeys about either side of the Old Firm (deceased rivalry), and their sectarian bollocks, but if you're a family on a train with kids, all you know is that you are being subjected to 'fcuk the Pope and fcuk the Queen'.

If there's any place for this song still to be sung, and I don't believe there is any more - then the only place is at an actual match between St Mirren and one of 'them' - it certainly isn't on a train full of folk with kids just going about their business. The fact it isn't sung at games any more says it all really, it should have been allowed to fade away and stay away like I thought it had done.

I wonder if alcohol was involved.

You obviously don't attend games. As every game we play against rangers celtic or sevco. We always sing it

Total shite haven't heard that nonsense from Saints fans for years regardless of opponents. Who the hell thinks it's acceptable to sing ftp or ftq regardless of context.

Had a good chuckle at various attempts to re-write the facts from saturdays game. Especially the ones suggesting Agnew put Mallan in for his goal with a 'slotted pass'.... Or it was a'Great Assist'....

It was his bog standard panicked BACK PASS he makes when his bottle has gone and he doesnt know what to do or how to take responsibility. Mallan however had only one intention and that was to take responsibility to work the keeper, and he got his reward with a peach of a strike.

Watch the video above and you'll see that "slotted pass", "geat assist" or "Bottling It".... What can't speak can't lie..!

You were chuckling at your own arsed attempts to slag a Saints player, then.

You niggled,as you do, that Agnew didn't get himself dirty, as if that was some kind of measure of footballing prowess or skill. :rolleyes:

I pointed out that Jim Baxter could also be accused of that great crime of not getting all hot and bothered, though I never knew anyone daft enough or who had so little understanding of fitba that they'd make that mistake.

And then I pointed out that Agnew supplied the pass to the player that scored the goal. Jim Baxter also was good at that, cool, clean and neat as he was.

YOU were the diddy that added 2 and 2 and came up with 5. :lol

What can't speak can't lie, indeed. How often do you disappear up your own arse, due to your contorted reasoning, I wonder?

You were chuckling at your own arsed attempts to slag a Saints player, then.

You niggled,as you do, that Agnew didn't get himself dirty, as if that was some kind of measure of footballing prowess or skill. :rolleyes:

I pointed out that Jim Baxter could also be accused of that great crime of not getting all hot and bothered, though I never knew anyone daft enough or who had so little understanding of fitba that they'd make that mistake.

And then I pointed out that Agnew supplied the pass to the player that scored the goal. Jim Baxter also was good at that, cool, clean and neat as he was.

YOU were the diddy that added 2 and 2 and came up with 5. :lol

What can't speak can't lie, indeed. How often do you disappear up your own arse, due to your contorted reasoning, I wonder?

Aye right.... Agnew the master of the Slotted, Slide Rule, Precision, Over Hit, Panicky Back Pass....

And still with the Baxter comparisons? Funny I dont remember Baxter at his peak being famous for being left out of the starting line up for a second string club...? Maybe i got that wrong too?

You dont half draw attention to your howler.... Just like at the game, the video tells all... What can't speak can't lie..!