Livingston V St Mirren Championship 17/10/15

shull

You know i swear I can hear Rick..

Tap, tap..... Tapping away!

I hear you knocking Rick/Cockles or whatever.... But you can't come in!

Why do you always need to make this forum about you. Who ever you are. Think the Lord should just turn you to salt you whalloper. Stop as always slagging off the team and players, once in while sure, but you incessant. Sevco needs supporters like you

The General Public on the Train would be quite rightly offended.

Absolutely mon Shull, aboslutely indeed.

I have zero sympathy for any halfwit singing a sing about "eff the pope and eff the Queen". The fact is a train will have people on it who are not in any way interested in football and are just going about there business in a normal fashion. It is an outrage that people are subjected to such vile language on public transport and I for one applaude the authorities in attepting to tackle such vile behaviour. Idiots who behave like this will undoubtedly have no concept of the effect such behaviour has on other members of the public. I myself have felt very uncomfortable on public transport when in the vicinity of loutish football fans singing religiously charged bile. Terrible behaviour and I for one damn it, damn it to damnation...indeed.

Maybe , the majority of our travelling support don't go to home games . Other than that, I don't know why we are all so quiet at home. .

I reckon it's more to do with the drinking involved on the way to an away game. Folk tend to be more up for a sing song when they're on a day out with their mates.

Absolutely mon Shull, aboslutely indeed.

I have zero sympathy for any halfwit singing a sing about "eff the pope and eff the Queen". The fact is a train will have people on it who are not in any way interested in football and are just going about there business in a normal fashion. It is an outrage that people are subjected to such vile language on public transport and I for one applaude the authorities in attepting to tackle such vile behaviour. Idiots who behave like this will undoubtedly have no concept of the effect such behaviour has on other members of the public. I myself have felt very uncomfortable on public transport when in the vicinity of loutish football fans singing religiously charged bile. Terrible behaviour and I for one damn it, damn it to damnation...indeed.

^^ This.

Glad Tedious Tom has allowed me the opportunity to agree with him, very glad indeed.

Aye right.... Agnew the master of the Slotted, Slide Rule, Precision, Over Hit, Panicky Back Pass....

And still with the Baxter comparisons? Funny I dont remember Baxter at his peak being famous for being left out of the starting line up for a second string club...? Maybe i got that wrong too?

You dont half draw attention to your howler.... Just like at the game, the video tells all... What can't speak can't lie..!

You're right.... although you don't understand how daft that makes you look.

The video does show that Agnew passed to Mallan who then scores AND that Agnew is not at all dishevelled or clarty.

But you, as an alleged St Mirren fan, still manage to find fault with both the payer and the pass that won the game!

Deranged....

As someBuddie noted... your posts are not based on reality, nor on being a St Mirren fan -

your posts are all about Lord PityMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

You're right.... although you don't understand how daft that makes you look.

The video does show that Agnew passed to Mallan who then scores AND that Agnew is not at all dishevelled or clarty.

But you, as an alleged St Mirren fan, still manage to find fault with both the payer and the pass that won the game!

Deranged....

As someBuddie noted... your posts are not based on reality, nor on being a St Mirren fan -

your posts are all about Lord PityMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

ROTFLOL....

FFS the pass that won the game.... Jeezus Johnny!

OK.

You conceivably have a genuine point to make, but that can ONLY be that Mallan won the game single-handedly and there was no team involved. :o

But... but I no longer believe anything that the St Mirren team does would or could meet with your approval... and (conceivably with your intriguingly twisted perspective) even Stephen Mallan's gloriously accurate shot was a fluke and that it simply serves to make the Manager unjustifably secure in your eyes.

You REALLY need to get out a bit more...

...and let St Mirren fans on here get quietly on with SUPPORTING our team, for good or bad.

Total shite haven't heard that nonsense from Saints fans for years regardless of opponents. Who the hell thinks it's acceptable to sing ftp or ftq regardless of context.

Ur talking absolute shite. I can honestly say any time we play the old firm we sing hello hello hie do you do.

Fact sbd can guarentee it will be sang on Sunday. Abd we'll c who's talking pish

Well, just my opinion, but if it was the "hello hello how do you do " thingy, then seriously, who can be offended by that , really ffs. That's the wee chant sung heartily by most provincial teams fans in a kinda two finger salute to the bigot bros.

Just get on with things, plenty more worse shit going on than ten or so sorts chanting that neutralising wee ditty.

Some folk want to get a grip, nanny statism is well and truly here.

Erm, perhaps just about every Catholic in the country and every Royalist.

The song has never had an anti-bigotry sentiment no matter what the perpetrators say. It's a song that is doubly offensive, out of order and quite frankly it should have no place in any song book never mind that of a football club like St Mirren.

If it was indeed this song that was being sung, and if the perpetrators can be identified I would hope that the St Mirren board take the strongest possible action against those who embarrassed the club.

OK.

You conceivably have a genuine point to make, but that can ONLY be that Mallan won the game single-handedly and there was no team involved. :o

But... but I no longer believe anything that the St Mirren team does would or could meet with your approval... and (conceivably with your intriguingly twisted perspective) even Stephen Mallan's gloriously accurate shot was a fluke and that it simply serves to make the Manager unjustifably secure in your eyes.

You REALLY need to get out a bit more...

...and let St Mirren fans on here get quietly on with SUPPORTING our team, for good or bad.

i

Mallan's goal was a fluke..? Who said that???

Maybe your memory is desserting you..? I got out to Livi on Saturday and saw my third saints win out of three this season! Mallan is shaping up nicely, even though the clueless manager dropped him to begin with for that liability Agnew... Did you enjoy the game at Livi.... St Mirren fan spokesperson???

Ur talking absolute shite. I can honestly say any time we play the old firm we sing hello hello hie do you do.

Fact sbd can guarentee it will be sang on Sunday. Abd we'll c who's talking pish

Seriously ? Who will be singing it. The club asked for it to be stopped years ago and I have never heard it sung at any match since. Whether idiots still choose to sing it on trains / busses etc is up to them but I can honestly say (from the middle of the West) that I have not heard it sung.

That song just highlights what is and has been wrong with the two largest supported clubs in our country .

Maybe not the most eloquent way of putting it , but the message gets across .

No it doesn't. Do you honestly think that tourist, a non football fan, or an alien from the planet zorg would hear fans singing "f**k the Pope and f**k the Queen" and think immediately that it's a song supposedly highlighting what's wrong with Rangers and Celtic? It might be what the St Mirren fans allegedly singing the song thought, but it clearly wasn't what the passengers on that train believed and it's not what the police investigating the incident believe either.

You cannot claim the high ground in the fight against religious bigotry and intolerance when your own fans are singing songs calling for the buggery of the Pontiff and the rape of the Queen.

Seriously ? Who will be singing it. The club asked for it to be stopped years ago and I have never heard it sung at any match since. Whether idiots still choose to sing it on trains / busses etc is up to them but I can honestly say (from the middle of the West) that I have not heard it sung.

I haven't heard it sung by St Mirren fans in years either and I was at Ibrox for the first game of the league season. However it is wrong to excuse "idiots" singing it on trains and buses. If it is found that it was indeed that song that was being sung and that it was sung by people purporting to be St Mirren fans who can be identified, then I would hope - no expect - the club to take the strongest possible action in banning those people from future home matches.

There should be no place for those "idiots" at a family club.

StuDick is completely wrong on one point, and completely correct in another. To suggest there is nothing anti-sectarian about the singing of that song by St Mirren fans is nonsense. The motivation behind the singing of it is entirely anti-sectarian. However, as he also says, the very fact that the Pope and the Queen are getting it with sweary words thrown in is all that matters to anyone on a bus, train or with no inside knowledge of St Mirren being a club slap bang in 'Old Firm' West of Scotland territory. That's all they hear - and without any inside knowledge it is simply offensive when taken out of intended context.

Time it was binned completely - even though it absolutely is St Mirren fans expressing the view that they have no time for either the 'God Save the Queen' bollocks of one side, or the 'God Bless the Pope' bollocks of the other side. Expressed using language that has now long passed its' sell-by date.

For St Mirren fans, it remains an anti-sectarian song, sung by fans of a team five miles and fifteen miles away from both middens, and subjected to their sectarian tomfoolery for decades. It's 2015 though. Times have changed.

Edited by pozbaird

You cannot claim the high ground in the fight against religious bigotry and intolerance when your own fans are singing songs calling for the buggery of the Pontiff and the rape of the Queen.

This is an appallingly homophobic (or heterosexual to allow benefit of the doubt) view of the world. :angry:

Well said, poz. :)

I was going to write in a similar vein, till I remembered there was little point in even trying to communicate with that closed-mind poster.

Indeed. If he chooses to post again about this song, I would ask that he gives us his opinion of what the motivation in St Mirren fans singing the song actually was, if he's saying it wasn't anti-sectarian. It's entirely about context. Who was singing it, addressed to whom, and what those two groups always brought to games that had hee-haw to do with football.

Let's hear it StuDick.

i

Mallan's goal was a fluke..? Who said that???

Maybe your memory is desserting you..? I got out to Livi on Saturday and saw my third saints win out of three this season! Mallan is shaping up nicely, even though the clueless manager dropped him to begin with for that liability Agnew... Did you enjoy the game at Livi.... St Mirren fan spokesperson???

Similarly...

Agnew is another Jim Baxter? Who said that?

"Desserting"? Like jelly and ice cream?

Mallan is shaping up nicely after being dropped for a wee while by IM... as IM notes at the end of his interview on Saturday. But that wouldn't, of course, be how you see it.

Does you going to Livi and boasting about that mega achievement demand that Buddies on here have to accept your myopic interpretation of the match, as the sole legitimate spokesperson?

I enjoyed the result that THE TEAM got.

Maybe the lyrics should be changed to make it more with current times .

Something perhaps like -

Hello hello how do you do

We dislike the boys in royal blue

We dislike the boys in emerald green

So, you've got no hope

And, your like a bad dream .

This may require a redraft .

Similarly...

Agnew is another Jim Baxter? Who said that?

"Desserting"? Like jelly and ice cream?

Mallan is shaping up nicely after being dropped for a wee while by IM... as IM notes at the end of his interview on Saturday. But that wouldn't, of course, be how you see it.

Does you going to Livi and boasting about that mega achievement demand that Buddies on here have to accept your myopic interpretation of the match, as the sole legitimate spokesperson?

I enjoyed the result that THE TEAM got.

Shame a REAL Stmirren fan like you missed the game on Saturday. There goes that memory again... It was you compared Agnew coming off with a clean strip to Jim Baxter... Read back in your posts dear its there in black & white!

Hmmm Murray drops Mallan and Goodwin and lauds himself that this is why they are our two best players, whilst Agnew, Conlan, Carswell to name but three have bench sores from sitting on the bench, if they made the squad, and continue to play badly..... But hey that can't be down to our manager surely?

He has only dropped them because they were good!

The last time I heard that song being sung was at Cappielow 3 years ago (? - DL was still in charge) and I am sure it was reported that a crowd of younger St Mirren fans had been charged after the game for singing that song under new anti-sectarian legislation at the time and St Mirren had had more fans arrested under the new laws than Rangers or Celtic at that point.