Livingston V St Mirren Championship 17/10/15

shull

It was you compared Agnew coming off with a clean strip to Jim Baxter... Read back in your posts dear its there in black & white!

Good!

So you WERE able to read what I posted. And that was not saying he was ANOTHER Jim Baxter, simply that Jim Baxter also seldom got grubby.

You complained at Agnew having a clean strip. Which was the childish assertion with which I disagreed, and still do.

It's petty and irrelevant, like the vast majority of your quibbles.

The way I read it, no-one was actually comparing Agnew to Baxter - not in skill terms. It was merely a comparison to say that to be a good player not everyone needs to run around like a maddie, and be caked in mud and sweat after a game. You can be effective and still contribute. That's the intent I saw in the post. Might have been clearer if they'd said fcuk the Pope and fcuk the Queen mind you.

Edit: posted this without reading bluto's reply above first. Honest.

Edited by pozbaird

This will be interesting to find out if the police investigation into the "alleged" sectarian singing, that is "alleged" to have involved St Mirren fans, and IF the song mentioned on here was "actually" the offending article.....

Will the complainaints object to one or other of the Pope/Queen being sung about in this way?

Or are the worldwide renowned anti-sectarian singing citizens of Glasgow who raised the complaint fighting for the rights of all religions/faiths etc....

Similarly...

Agnew is another Jim Baxter? Who said that?

"Desserting"? Like jelly and ice cream?

Mallan is shaping up nicely after being dropped for a wee while by IM... as IM notes at the end of his interview on Saturday. But that wouldn't, of course, be how you see it.

Does you going to Livi and boasting about that mega achievement demand that Buddies on here have to accept your myopic interpretation of the match, as the sole legitimate spokesperson?

I enjoyed the result that THE TEAM got.

Attention All Forum Readers..... The Post below that looks like a comparison, smells like a comparison, and reads like a comparison.... Isnae!

Lord Pityme, on 17 Oct 2015 - 18:00, said:

Agnew kept up his run of clean strips

Bluto added:

THAT was a habit of Jim Baxter's, too.

As was something else Agnew did today - supplying the perfect pass for a team-mate to slot in a goal.

The more I hear of Agnew, the more I like him. :)

#163 Livingston V St Mirren Championship 17/10/15: post #163 - Posted 17 October 2015 - 18:05

jama likes this Like This

Edit... There you go FIFY!

Edited by Lord Pityme

This will be interesting to find out if the police investigation into the "alleged" sectarian singing, that is "alleged" to have involved St Mirren fans, and IF the song mentioned on here was "actually" the offending article.....

Will the complainaints object to one or other of the Pope/Queen being sung about in this way?

Or are the worldwide renowned anti-sectarian singing citizens of Glasgow who raised the complaint fighting for the rights of all religions/faiths etc....

Yip, everyone has jumped the gun and assumed that this was the song that caused all the trouble.

Could all be a misunderstanding for all we know. An example of this was at Parkhead when Gus was in charge, I remember several getting chucked out for singing a certain song which had the words "we hate Morton, Greenock bastards". The stewards alleged that we were singing "******** bastards" as per the dead clubs song...

The article also says that it caused delays to services. This could be exaggerated also as the accused boarded the 17:47 at around 18:00.

We're not a sectarian club and I'd hope that this is all a misunderstanding and nothing more than a few happy buds with a couple of beers too many.

Edited by davidg

Yip, everyone has jumped the gun and assumed that this was the song that caused all the trouble.

Could all be a misunderstanding for all we know. An example of this was at Parkhead when Gus was in charge, I remember several getting chucked out for singing a certain song which had the words "we hate Morton, Greenock bastards". The stewards alleged that we were singing "******** bastards" as per the dead clubs song...

The article also says that it caused delays to services. This could be exaggerated also as the accused boarded the 17:47 at around 18:00.

We're not a sectarian club and I'd hope that this is all a misunderstanding and nothing more than a few happy bads with a couple of beers too many.

I guessed that was the song as it's the only one I could think of that could cause religious offence.It maybe wasn't that song,I'm sure we'll find out in time.

Talking of jumping the gun.....how can you label the "culprits" as bads before we know the full story?

Attention All Forum Readers..... The Post below that looks like a comparison, smells like a comparison, and reads like a comparison.... Isnae!

Lord Pityme, on 17 Oct 2015 - 18:00, said:

Agnew kept up his run of clean strips

THAT was a habit of Jim Baxter's, too.

As was something else Agnew did today - supplying the perfect pass for a team-mate to slot in a goal.

The more I hear of Agnew, the more I like him. smile.png

#163 Livingston V St Mirren Championship 17/10/15: post #163 - Posted 17 October 2015 - 18:05

jama likes this Like This

You're getting more and more weird, LordPityMEMEMEME...

Why are you now claiming that it was you who compared the clean strip to Jim Baxter? You didn't. :unsure:

You slagged Agnew's clean strip. You slagged his pass which led to the goal.

What is supportive, in any sense, about such actions?

You I know that I posted the above initially. I have never denied it. I stand by it.

Having a clean strip has historic cachet, as does supplying a pass which results in a goal.

What is imperfect about any of that? How is that not suitable/good for St Mirren?

You're getting more and more weird, LordPityMEMEMEME...

Why are you now claiming that it was you who compared the clean strip to Jim Baxter? You didn't. :unsure:

You slagged Agnew's clean strip. You slagged his pass which led to the goal.

What is supportive, in any sense, about such actions?

You I know that I posted the above initially. I have never denied it. I stand by it.

Having a clean strip has historic cachet, as does supplying a pass which results in a goal.

What is imperfect about any of that? How is that not suitable/good for St Mirren?

Its ok.... You can say you compared them, we all say daft stuff now and then. Digging the hole deeper makes it funnier because its not supposed to be!

I guessed that was the song as it's the only one I could think of that could cause religious offence.It maybe wasn't that song,I'm sure we'll find out in time.

Talking of jumping the gun.....how can you label the "culprits" as bads before we know the full story?

Fecking predictive text..

Its ok.... You can say you compared them, we all say daft stuff now and then. Digging the hole deeper makes it funnier because its not supposed to be!

I know that I COULD say I compared them... and I certainly left space for anyone who wanted to fill in the dots in that way. You were the only taker. :)

But I never did compare them. I was clear about that: nowhere is there a clear comparison made by me.

What is funny, is trying to understand your posts being anything other than dreary self-aggrandising efforts, as suggested by others.

Look at me, me, me....

Your nit-picking to try and pin trivial meaning on my posts that wasn't there, is valueless, other than attention-seeking...

For the same reason, I guess, that you are creating more threads than shull, these days though, unlike shull's threads, yours are everything other than supportive of St Mirren. It's hard to see what you hope to achieve by doing so.

I know that I COULD say I compared them... and I certainly left space for anyone who wanted to fill in the dots in that way. You were the only taker. smile.png

But I never did compare them. I was clear about that: nowhere is there a clear comparison made by me.

What is funny, is trying to understand your posts being anything other than dreary self-aggrandising efforts, as suggested by others.

Look at me, me, me....

Your nit-picking to try and pin trivial meaning on my posts that wasn't there, is valueless, other than attention-seeking...

For the same reason, I guess, that you are creating more threads than shull, these days though, unlike shull's threads, yours are everything other than supportive of St Mirren. It's hard to see what you hope to achieve by doing so.

To seek even more attention than usual?

It's quality point and laugh material though.

I know that I COULD say I compared them... and I certainly left space for anyone who wanted to fill in the dots in that way. You were the only taker. :)

Look at me, me, me....

Thought Mallan scored a cracker on Saturday, another peach to add to his collection!

Indeed. If he chooses to post again about this song, I would ask that he gives us his opinion of what the motivation in St Mirren fans singing the song actually was, if he's saying it wasn't anti-sectarian. It's entirely about context. Who was singing it, addressed to whom, and what those two groups always brought to games that had hee-haw to do with football.

Let's hear it StuDick.

The last time I personally saw the song being sung it was at Palmerston versus Queen of the South circa 2002-3? One way or another it was f**king ages ago. The motivation that day appeared to be that they wanted to cause offence and to show defiance to those who had been complaining about the singing of that song at that time. There certainly was no anti-sectarian motivation that day.

Anyway to turn the question on it's head Poz, what motivation do you think these particular St Mirren fans had for causing alarm, fear and offence on public transport at 6pm on a Saturday evening? Did they think that the families and pensioners on that train were going to enjoy being entertained by these Black and White Minstrels? Regardless of what songs were being sung - and I doubt from the evidence from the match at Almondvale that they would be of the family friendly "Let It Go" type variety - it was a damned thoughtless way to behave on public transport, and as I've said if it does transpire that there is evidence that proves "that" song was sung and the perpetrators can be identified then I would hope the club would take the strongest possible action.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

The last time I personally saw the song being sung it was at Palmerston versus Queen of the South circa 2002-3? One way or another it was f**king ages ago. The motivation that day appeared to be that they wanted to cause offence and to show defiance to those who had been complaining about the singing of that song at that time. There certainly was no anti-sectarian motivation that day.

Anyway to turn the question on it's head Poz, what motivation do you think these particular St Mirren fans had for causing alarm, fear and offence on public transport at 6pm on a Saturday evening? Did they think that the families and pensioners on that train were going to enjoy being entertained by these Black and White Minstrels? Regardless of what songs were being sung - and I doubt from the evidence from the match at Almondvale that they would be of the family friendly "Let It Go" type variety - it was a damned thoughtless way to behave on public transport, and as I've said if it does transpire that there is evidence that proves "that" song was sung and the perpetrators can be identified then I would hope the club would take the strongest possible action.

In summary... You know nowt!

Doesn't happen often but i agree with Stuart. The majority of people on the train have no need or desire to listen to that.

Doesn't happen often but i agree with Stuart. The majority of people on the train have no need or desire to listen to that.

Not defending them, but don't you think that on a late Saturday afternoon train from Livingstone to Glasgow they might have been the majority.

Edited by insaintee

Not defending them, but doing you think that on a late saturday afternoon train from Livingstone to Glasgow they might have been the majority.

It was the train from Edinburgh to Glasgow and I doubt there would have been less than 20 people on the train to make them the majority....

Part of the reason ,or mabe nearly all of, for the drink ban at certain times on our trains is the alcohol fuelled bad behaviour.

We know that people attending football matches have been guilty of this down the years but I would wager that the most complaints on a regular

basis i.e. almost every day of the week can be attributed to my Offshore "Colleagues".

I have fallen out with many of them on the Inverness to Aberdeen train because of their bad behaviour and shocking language,

my Wife reckons I will get a slap one of these days for pulling them up. It really is excruciating to listen to and it should be stopped and dealt with by

getting the Transport Police on board at the earliest opportunity. I would also attempt to ban those caught from travelling on the trains.

P.S. My mates say the trains from Aberdeen to the South are far worse.....