shull

Livingston V St Mirren Championship 17/10/15

No it doesn't. Do you honestly think that tourist, a non football fan, or an alien from the planet zorg would hear fans singing "f**k the Pope and f**k the Queen" and think immediately that it's a song supposedly highlighting what's wrong with Rangers and Celtic? It might be what the St Mirren fans allegedly singing the song thought, but it clearly wasn't what the passengers on that train believed and it's not what the police investigating the incident believe either.

You cannot claim the high ground in the fight against religious bigotry and intolerance when your own fans are singing songs calling for the buggery of the Pontiff and the rape of the Queen.

He writes that everyone would be offended, then back tracks with the word allegedly.

I don't think anyone needs take lessons in morality from a proven lying bigot.

StuDick is completely wrong on one point, and completely correct in another. To suggest there is nothing anti-sectarian about the singing of that song by St Mirren fans is nonsense. The motivation behind the singing of it is entirely anti-sectarian. However, as he also says, the very fact that the Pope and the Queen are getting it with sweary words thrown in is all that matters to anyone on a bus, train or with no inside knowledge of St Mirren being a club slap bang in 'Old Firm' West of Scotland territory. That's all they hear - and without any inside knowledge it is simply offensive when taken out of intended context.

Time it was binned completely - even though it absolutely is St Mirren fans expressing the view that they have no time for either the 'God Save the Queen' bollocks of one side, or the 'God Bless the Pope' bollocks of the other side. Expressed using language that has now long passed its' sell-by date.

For St Mirren fans, it remains an anti-sectarian song, sung by fans of a team five miles and fifteen miles away from both middens, and subjected to their sectarian tomfoolery for decades. It's 2015 though. Times have changed.

Edited by pozbaird

You cannot claim the high ground in the fight against religious bigotry and intolerance when your own fans are singing songs calling for the buggery of the Pontiff and the rape of the Queen.

This is an appallingly homophobic (or heterosexual to allow benefit of the doubt) view of the world. :angry:

Well said, poz. :)

I was going to write in a similar vein, till I remembered there was little point in even trying to communicate with that closed-mind poster.

Indeed. If he chooses to post again about this song, I would ask that he gives us his opinion of what the motivation in St Mirren fans singing the song actually was, if he's saying it wasn't anti-sectarian. It's entirely about context. Who was singing it, addressed to whom, and what those two groups always brought to games that had hee-haw to do with football.

Let's hear it StuDick.

i

Mallan's goal was a fluke..? Who said that???

Maybe your memory is desserting you..? I got out to Livi on Saturday and saw my third saints win out of three this season! Mallan is shaping up nicely, even though the clueless manager dropped him to begin with for that liability Agnew... Did you enjoy the game at Livi.... St Mirren fan spokesperson???

Similarly...

Agnew is another Jim Baxter? Who said that?

"Desserting"? Like jelly and ice cream?

Mallan is shaping up nicely after being dropped for a wee while by IM... as IM notes at the end of his interview on Saturday. But that wouldn't, of course, be how you see it.

Does you going to Livi and boasting about that mega achievement demand that Buddies on here have to accept your myopic interpretation of the match, as the sole legitimate spokesperson?

I enjoyed the result that THE TEAM got.

Maybe the lyrics should be changed to make it more with current times .

Something perhaps like -

Hello hello how do you do

We dislike the boys in royal blue

We dislike the boys in emerald green

So, you've got no hope

And, your like a bad dream .

This may require a redraft .

Similarly...

Mallan is shaping up nicely after being dropped for a wee while by IM... as IM notes at the end of his interview on Saturday. But that wouldn't, of course, be how you see it.

Does you going to Livi and boasting about that mega achievement demand that Buddies on here have to accept your myopic interpretation of the match, as the sole legitimate spokesperson?

Shame a REAL Stmirren fan like you missed the game on Saturday. There goes that memory again... It was you compared Agnew coming off with a clean strip to Jim Baxter... Read back in your posts dear its there in black & white!

Hmmm Murray drops Mallan and Goodwin and lauds himself that this is why they are our two best players, whilst Agnew, Conlan, Carswell to name but three have bench sores from sitting on the bench, if they made the squad, and continue to play badly..... But hey that can't be down to our manager surely?

He has only dropped them because they were good!

The last time I heard that song being sung was at Cappielow 3 years ago (? - DL was still in charge) and I am sure it was reported that a crowd of younger St Mirren fans had been charged after the game for singing that song under new anti-sectarian legislation at the time and St Mirren had had more fans arrested under the new laws than Rangers or Celtic at that point.

It was you compared Agnew coming off with a clean strip to Jim Baxter... Read back in your posts dear its there in black & white!

Good!

So you WERE able to read what I posted. And that was not saying he was ANOTHER Jim Baxter, simply that Jim Baxter also seldom got grubby.

You complained at Agnew having a clean strip. Which was the childish assertion with which I disagreed, and still do.

It's petty and irrelevant, like the vast majority of your quibbles.

The way I read it, no-one was actually comparing Agnew to Baxter - not in skill terms. It was merely a comparison to say that to be a good player not everyone needs to run around like a maddie, and be caked in mud and sweat after a game. You can be effective and still contribute. That's the intent I saw in the post. Might have been clearer if they'd said fcuk the Pope and fcuk the Queen mind you.

Edit: posted this without reading bluto's reply above first. Honest.

Edited by pozbaird

This will be interesting to find out if the police investigation into the "alleged" sectarian singing, that is "alleged" to have involved St Mirren fans, and IF the song mentioned on here was "actually" the offending article.....

Will the complainaints object to one or other of the Pope/Queen being sung about in this way?

Or are the worldwide renowned anti-sectarian singing citizens of Glasgow who raised the complaint fighting for the rights of all religions/faiths etc....

Similarly...

Attention All Forum Readers..... The Post below that looks like a comparison, smells like a comparison, and reads like a comparison.... Isnae!

Lord Pityme, on 17 Oct 2015 - 18:00, said:

Agnew kept up his run of clean strips

Bluto added:

THAT was a habit of Jim Baxter's, too.

As was something else Agnew did today - supplying the perfect pass for a team-mate to slot in a goal.

The more I hear of Agnew, the more I like him. :)

#163 Livingston V St Mirren Championship 17/10/15: post #163 - Posted 17 October 2015 - 18:05

jama likes this Like This

Edit... There you go FIFY!

Edited by Lord Pityme

This will be interesting to find out if the police investigation into the "alleged" sectarian singing, that is "alleged" to have involved St Mirren fans, and IF the song mentioned on here was "actually" the offending article.....

Will the complainaints object to one or other of the Pope/Queen being sung about in this way?

Or are the worldwide renowned anti-sectarian singing citizens of Glasgow who raised the complaint fighting for the rights of all religions/faiths etc....

Yip, everyone has jumped the gun and assumed that this was the song that caused all the trouble.

Could all be a misunderstanding for all we know. An example of this was at Parkhead when Gus was in charge, I remember several getting chucked out for singing a certain song which had the words "we hate Morton, Greenock bastards". The stewards alleged that we were singing "******** bastards" as per the dead clubs song...

The article also says that it caused delays to services. This could be exaggerated also as the accused boarded the 17:47 at around 18:00.

We're not a sectarian club and I'd hope that this is all a misunderstanding and nothing more than a few happy buds with a couple of beers too many.

Edited by davidg

Yip, everyone has jumped the gun and assumed that this was the song that caused all the trouble.

Could all be a misunderstanding for all we know. An example of this was at Parkhead when Gus was in charge, I remember several getting chucked out for singing a certain song which had the words "we hate Morton, Greenock bastards". The stewards alleged that we were singing "******** bastards" as per the dead clubs song...

The article also says that it caused delays to services. This could be exaggerated also as the accused boarded the 17:47 at around 18:00.

We're not a sectarian club and I'd hope that this is all a misunderstanding and nothing more than a few happy bads with a couple of beers too many.

I guessed that was the song as it's the only one I could think of that could cause religious offence.It maybe wasn't that song,I'm sure we'll find out in time.

Talking of jumping the gun.....how can you label the "culprits" as bads before we know the full story?

Attention All Forum Readers..... The Post below that looks like a comparison, smells like a comparison, and reads like a comparison.... Isnae!

Lord Pityme, on 17 Oct 2015 - 18:00, said:

Agnew kept up his run of clean strips

THAT was a habit of Jim Baxter's, too.

As was something else Agnew did today - supplying the perfect pass for a team-mate to slot in a goal.

The more I hear of Agnew, the more I like him. smile.png

#163 Livingston V St Mirren Championship 17/10/15: post #163 - Posted 17 October 2015 - 18:05

jama likes this Like This

You're getting more and more weird, LordPityMEMEMEME...

Why are you now claiming that it was you who compared the clean strip to Jim Baxter? You didn't. :unsure:

You slagged Agnew's clean strip. You slagged his pass which led to the goal.

What is supportive, in any sense, about such actions?

You I know that I posted the above initially. I have never denied it. I stand by it.

Having a clean strip has historic cachet, as does supplying a pass which results in a goal.

What is imperfect about any of that? How is that not suitable/good for St Mirren?

You're getting more and more weird, LordPityMEMEMEME...

Why are you now claiming that it was you who compared the clean strip to Jim Baxter? You didn't. :unsure:

You slagged Agnew's clean strip. You slagged his pass which led to the goal.

What is supportive, in any sense, about such actions?

You I know that I posted the above initially. I have never denied it. I stand by it.

Having a clean strip has historic cachet, as does supplying a pass which results in a goal.

What is imperfect about any of that? How is that not suitable/good for St Mirren?

Its ok.... You can say you compared them, we all say daft stuff now and then. Digging the hole deeper makes it funnier because its not supposed to be!

I guessed that was the song as it's the only one I could think of that could cause religious offence.It maybe wasn't that song,I'm sure we'll find out in time.

Talking of jumping the gun.....how can you label the "culprits" as bads before we know the full story?

Fecking predictive text..

Its ok.... You can say you compared them, we all say daft stuff now and then. Digging the hole deeper makes it funnier because its not supposed to be!

I know that I COULD say I compared them... and I certainly left space for anyone who wanted to fill in the dots in that way. You were the only taker. :)

But I never did compare them. I was clear about that: nowhere is there a clear comparison made by me.

What is funny, is trying to understand your posts being anything other than dreary self-aggrandising efforts, as suggested by others.

Look at me, me, me....

Your nit-picking to try and pin trivial meaning on my posts that wasn't there, is valueless, other than attention-seeking...

For the same reason, I guess, that you are creating more threads than shull, these days though, unlike shull's threads, yours are everything other than supportive of St Mirren. It's hard to see what you hope to achieve by doing so.

I know that I COULD say I compared them... and I certainly left space for anyone who wanted to fill in the dots in that way. You were the only taker. smile.png

But I never did compare them. I was clear about that: nowhere is there a clear comparison made by me.

What is funny, is trying to understand your posts being anything other than dreary self-aggrandising efforts, as suggested by others.

Look at me, me, me....

Your nit-picking to try and pin trivial meaning on my posts that wasn't there, is valueless, other than attention-seeking...

For the same reason, I guess, that you are creating more threads than shull, these days though, unlike shull's threads, yours are everything other than supportive of St Mirren. It's hard to see what you hope to achieve by doing so.

To seek even more attention than usual?

It's quality point and laugh material though.

I know that I COULD say I compared them... and I certainly left space for anyone who wanted to fill in the dots in that way. You were the only taker. :)

Look at me, me, me....

Thought Mallan scored a cracker on Saturday, another peach to add to his collection!

Lol. What a comment cuddihy is never a right back. U for real

The guys a midfeilder playing at right back as our 2 right

Backs are injured

I've seen him play right back for the u20's and the first team. In fact I've never seen him play anywhere else. :unsure: