Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

Went to Squeeze at Southend on saturday night.

Next gigs will be

Simple Minds in Dublin on Nov 29th and Happy Mondays at Brixton Academy on 3rd Dec.

I see the Waterboys are touring around then too so will go see them too, probably in London.

The Waterboys... forgot that one!!!!!

Going to see them too.

The Waterboys... forgot that one!!!!!

Going to see them too.

Sounds interesting . .where and when . .

I'm going to see the Modfather, with some Buddies next month . .and also l'd like to see Roddy Frame/Aztec Camera at some point as I haven't seen them for a while and my appetite for loud gigs is waning . .

Sounds interesting . .where and when . .

I'm going to see the Modfather, with some Buddies next month . .and also l'd like to see Roddy Frame/Aztec Camera at some point as I haven't seen them for a while and my appetite for loud gigs is waning . .

Concert Hall on Tue 10th Nov for auld farts like me who need a seat...

Or Barrowlands on Wed 11th Nov for the mad rockers!

Also saw a new Scottish film called Big Gold Dream at The Glad Cafe last night. All about the Glasgow and Edinburgh music scenes from 78/86. Centred around Postcard and Fast Product record labels. The Fire Engines, Orange Juice, Josef K, The Scars, Win, Aztec Camera, Associates etc. Very, very good. Some trailers are on youtube.

Cheezuz... I think I saw all of them except maybe the Associates at The Bungalow in the 80s!... sorely missed. Got shown the door at the OJ gig because Edwyn Collins couldn't sing/tallk proper and I did an excellent loud version of him between songs...

Was in Berlin a couple of weeks ago for Lollapalooza Festival, where the Highlights were The Sterophonics and Muse. Saturday afternoon was The Cutthroat Razors in the SpeigelTent. Coming up (so far) are:

Bill Bailey, The Armadillo

MacFloyd, at The Toon Hall

Stylus Automatic, The Bungalow

Esperanza, The Bungalow

Simple Minds & The Stranglers, The Hydro

Muse, The Hydro

Excited muchly.

March 2016

Usher Hall EMBRA

Ludovico Einaudi

Row c of stalls.

RESULT

Have never seen the great man live in concert. Had good tickets to see him in Glasgow several years ago but my Mother in Law decided to depart this earth resulting in the tickets being given away the night before the apparently brilliant gig!

Really looking forward to this one.

Edited by BuddieinEK

I have just seen:

Hue and Cry at the O2 Academy and

Ashton Lane at the The Glad Café

And coming up I have...

Tom Baxter at The Glad Cafe

Ricky Ross at Cottiers

Brantley Gilbert at Òran Mór

Zervas and Pepper at The Electric Circus in Edinburgh

Dean Owens in Edinburgh

Yvonne Lyons at her album launch in Greenock

Blue Rose Code in Drygate, Glasgow.

The Waterboys at the GRCH...

But today I topped the lot.. ...

I LOVE live music...

I always look forward to gigs...

But ocasionally something rather special has me like a kid at Christmas.

Jackson Browne and Glen Campbell for example...

Now this!

Damn... like a kid at Christmas now!

Cheezuz... I think I saw all of them except maybe the Associates at The Bungalow in the 80s!... sorely missed. Got shown the door at the OJ gig because Edwyn Collins couldn't sing/tallk proper and I did an excellent loud version of him between songs...

Was in Berlin a couple of weeks ago for Lollapalooza Festival, where the Highlights were The Sterophonics and Muse. Saturday afternoon was The Cutthroat Razors in the SpeigelTent. Coming up (so far) are:

Bill Bailey, The Armadillo

MacFloyd, at The Toon Hall

Stylus Automatic, The Bungalow

Esperanza, The Bungalow

Simple Minds & The Stranglers, The Hydro

Muse, The Hydro

Just for you Colin..... Keep this under your hat.

We are currently 'touring' our single "Feel", i'll post video this week when released, however, doing a few local gigs for a change (which is great!)...

We are playing;

Friday 23rd supporting Cast at Paisley Town Hall

7th Nov at the Firework Display, Paisley, before moving swiftly down to Bungalow Bar and paying a set there

If anyone is interested (particularly in the latter), then nip along.

However, best gig I have been to this year was my mates band Tijuana Bibles at Oran Mor. Was a great set and energy was high