Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

I passed two queues at the old Smithfield market on Sunday afternoon. One on the opposite side of the road from the other but both hoping to gain access to something called Dixon and Ames.

An interesting looking crowd. So I wondered what I was missing as I carried on my way to visit a very sick friend in a cancer ward...

Very little it seems to me. Do any of you know of this 'music'?

Is my less-than-impressed reaction to it due of my age, do you think? rolleyes.gif

Next gig AC/DC at the Etihad stadium, Melbourne, ya f*ck*n beauty!

Saw Springsteen at that very stadium a year back in February!

ETA:- sorry, I think it was actually at the AAMI Stadium; my mistake.

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Beautiful marketing.

I shall content myself with having been a member of the ELO fan club circa 1979 and having seen them in concert when it was uncool to do so!

Well this concert will be about 2 months shy of 40 years since i last saw "them" (only jeff Lynne and Richard Tandy remain from that line up).

It was even less cool in 1976. I am an SSE customer and got advance access to the booking site, otherwise i would have almost certainly missed out.

Expect to see many tickets appear on "get me in" and other sites very soon-at a hugely inflated price, of course

Saw Springsteen at that very stadium a year back in February!

ETA:- sorry, I think it was actually at the AAMI Stadium; my mistake.

I've not been to AAMI, or Etihad before, although I've watched televised football matches from both and a few Rugby League games, I've watched both AFL and Cricket matches at the cavernous MCG though, and am glad the AC/DC gig is not there.

I've not been to AAMI, or Etihad before, although I've watched televised football matches from both and a few Rugby League games, I've watched both AFL and Cricket matches at the cavernous MCG though, and am glad the AC/DC gig is not there.

Don't think the MCG would be a viable option for a stadium gig, to be honest. AAMI was pretty decent. Support band were Hunters & Collectors but didnae find that out until I turned up and I turned up after they finished. Ach well, we may never meet again....so bugger it.....

Weller last night at the Hydro, a man and a band on top of their game. 2 hours worth, and a good mix of Jam, TSC & solo stuff. Lighting was awesome too, something I never, ever, thought I'd mention in connection with a gig.

ETA - the here's the 28 song/2 hour setlist- something for everyone!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-weller/2015/the-sse-hydro-glasgow-scotland-3bf2b4f0.html

Edited by salmonbuddie

Weller last night at the Hydro, a man and a band on top of their game. 2 hours worth, and a good mix of Jam, TSC & solo stuff. Lighting was awesome too, something I never, ever, thought I'd mention in connection with a gig.

ETA - the here's the 28 song/2 hour setlist- something for everyone! http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-weller/2015/the-sse-hydro-glasgow-scotland-3bf2b4f0.html

Now that you mention it , the lighting was very good as well as the camera work on screen . .