Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

WOW.

JUST WOW.

That was pretty special indeed.

Anderson East was new to me but I will definately be checking him out.

Justin Currie is as gallus as it gets and defo has "it".

Iain Morrison... first time hearing and I hope not the last... Very reminiscent of the Waterboys sound... loved his set.

Highlight of the night for me personally though, was Ross Wilson aka Blue Rose Code.

Since first hearing him I have felt he has a very special quality that sets him apart.

He owned that stage tonight and his duet with Iain Morrison when they covered Van The Man's Into The Mystic was the highlight of the night for me.

Closing with the full ensemble singing Knocking on Heavens Door then Rocking In The Free World was a touch of class.

Special mention to Roddy Hart... Who put the whole event together and headed up the house band throughout the evening. He should be equally pleased and proud of that!

That's all fine and dandy mate but what has it to do with Shuggie? ❔

Monday... C Duncan

Tuesday... Andrew Wasylyk

Friday... Yvonne Lyon

Tonight...

Roaming Roots at GRCH...

Roddy Hart, Justin Currie, Blue Rose Code, Kris Kristofferson and many more!

Next Friday... Blue Rose Code new album preview...but before that, a meal at Tasty's on its opening night... The new restaurant by Tony Singh.

BinEK, is it too late to change restaurants? Tony Singh had a disaster at his last place - The Old Bakehouse in West Linton. Totally ruined what was a fantastic restaurant.

Tickets for Big Country in Runcorn in February and Red hot chilli pipers in April

I seen them in Bedford last year, didn't like that twat from the alarm, if I had 68 guns I would have blew the cùnt away, he was trying to sound like Mike Peters rather than Stuart Adamson, the music was good though, I saw them on new years eve 1984 at barrowlands so found that if I did not look at mike peters I could enjoy big country, I would not go to see them again though.

What did you have that was so bad Stuart?

10 samosas, 2 servings of chicken pakora, 1 serving vegetable pakora, 20 popadoms, spicy onions, boiled rice, fried rice, 3 naan breads, chicken tikka masala, onion bajis, prawn bhoona, chicken tandoori, 5 pints of Indian lager...... And a wafer thin mint.

I seen them in Bedford last year, didn't like that twat from the alarm, if I had 68 guns I would have blew the cùnt away, he was trying to sound like Mike Peters rather than Stuart Adamson, the music was good though, I saw them on new years eve 1984 at barrowlands so found that if I did not look at mike peters I could enjoy big country, I would not go to see them again though.

Mike Peters is long gone from Big Country and back with The Alarm

I have seen Big Country 3 times each time a different lead singer

No one can replace Stuart Adamson who was very underated

James Grant at GRCH last night. Backed by 3/4 of Love and Money and a large string section. Absolutely ruddy brilliant night.

James Grant at GRCH last night. Backed by 3/4 of Love and Money and a large string section. Absolutely ruddy brilliant night.

Good to hear mate like Love & Money and have heard Grant is good solo even played the pub in Howwood when I stayed in Lochwinnoch of course I only heard this after the gig other wise would have been there.

I saw L+M back in the day and also a couple of years ago.

Saw Grant dolo last year and have tickets to see him in a few months.

His BBC at the Quay session is still available online and is just superb.

Last night would have been pretty special. Grant is one of the best songwriters of his generation.

There were a number of great options for last night... I elected for the album preview of Blue Rose Code... a star on the rise.

10 samosas, 2 servings of chicken pakora, 1 serving vegetable pakora, 20 popadoms, spicy onions, boiled rice, fried rice, 3 naan breads, chicken tikka masala, onion bajis, prawn bhoona, chicken tandoori, 5 pints of Indian lager...... And a wafer thin mint.

Surely that's "wahfer theen meent"....?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Blue Rose Code on Wednesday at the BBC Quay sessions was just sublime.

Tonight I was in the presence of greatness... Boo Hewerdine at Milngavie Folk Club. Just awesome.

Tomorrow night I will be returning to Milngavie Folk Club to see Edwina Hayes... one of the sweetest voices in music.

Tickets, just a tenner, are still available and will be available on the door.

If at all possible and you are a lover of quality singer songwriters then this is a must!

https://youtu.be/GdOk7JTURRM?list=PLD71ED24EE8B3EDD6

Fingers are magic..but sadly wasn't quick enough to get tickets for this Thursday . Their last album no going back was class..guilty as sin makes me smile when the celtic fans jig about to it giving it shite about the old country..thick bas****s

Fingers are magic..but sadly wasn't quick enough to get tickets for this Thursday . Their last album no going back was class..guilty as sin makes me smile when the celtic fans jig about to it giving it shite about the old country..thick bas****s

I was at the st patricks night one at the barrowlands last year and they mentioned that they would be filming the same gig this year to go out on dvd so it was always going to be sold out quick, its their 25th anniversary of coming to barrowlands every year on st patricks night.

There is definitely a different edge to their anti troubles songs such as tin soldiers and I'm alright union jack at the barrowlands, but you would expect that in a venue in the gallowgate.

Mike Peters is long gone from Big Country and back with The Alarm

I have seen Big Country 3 times each time a different lead singer

No one can replace Stuart Adamson who was very underated

Going to see Stranglers in Cambridge next week, The Alarm are the support, so I will body swerve them, don't care about their 68 guns.

Off to see the mighty SLF on Thursday, then the Wonder Stuff and The Wedding Present next week. Strummer, check out Ticketmaster. I missed out on tickets originally too but some got sent back and I managed to get a pair online.