Music Gigs

BuddieinEK

Wedding Present and Wonder Stuff on Friday, Churches and Twilight Sad a week on Saturday, RM Hubbert next month Adam Ant in June and Placebo in December.

Wedding Present were great, the wonder stuff were so shite we blagged our way into a Noel Gallagher tribute act to get away from them.

The year is shaping up not bad.

Wedding Present and Wonder Stuff on Friday, Churches and Twilight Sad a week on Saturday, RM Hubbert next month Adam Ant in June and Placebo in December.

Wedding Present were great, the wonder stuff were so shite we blagged our way into a Noel Gallagher tribute act to get away from them.

The year is shaping up not bad.

Some decent stuff there, Placebo in particular.

Downside is it is the hydro, taking my 12 year old for his first proper gig.

The downside is that you're taking your wean.....?

Elvis Costello at the Barrowlands in July. Brilliant. Absolute class act live.

£45 a pop. With booking fees etc., £100 for two briefs is a bit of a sore one. Granted, Elvis, more than most, provides excellent value for money, and, when compared to other pursuits (such as the fitba), it seems like a bargain.

Still, £100 might be stretching it for me, sadly.

£45 a pop. With booking fees etc., £100 for two briefs is a bit of a sore one. Granted, Elvis, more than most, provides excellent value for money, and, when compared to other pursuits (such as the fitba), it seems like a bargain.

Still, £100 might be stretching it for me, sadly.

Aye, not cheap, but (while he will undoubtably be brilliant), seems a bargain when compared to the Springsteen prices for a huge outdoor stadium gig, or the sort of prices charged by Fleetwood Mac or The Eagles when they played the Hydro.

It's a tough subjective call - what would be deemed the 'right price' for a gig, any gig....

Cue 'if it was Rush, 50p and a half-chewed toffee would be too dear'.... Got in first to pre-empt the inevitable!

Gig free until May now, then off to see Minor Victories at the art school. Really looking forward to this one. Never seen a gig at the art school before and a collaboration between three of my favourite bands (Mogwai, Slowdive and Editors) just has to be brilliant.

Really wanted to go last night, but due to a prior engagement , I had to miss out.thumbdown.gif

Through a complete fluke managed to get an executive box for this.

Twilight sad were good although not as good as Barrowlands but Chvrches were great.

Was a good night out and as a first gig for our 12 year old hard to beat

Got 2 tickets for vamps on Saturday night at face value if anyone on here has a teenager or kid they want to treat.

£54 each in block 210 row c

Tickets get you into club lounge as well which normal tickets in same price band don't.

Taking my son to see them on Friday night, should be a good wee night.

Edited by davidg

Going to the Sky Live Music Festival 29th 30th of April should be good fun.

Will be a good weekend IoBS, some decent bands there.....if you like this sort of festival get yourself out to Tiree for TMF or Oban for ObanLive